• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Atlanta Hawks security manager sues, alleging racist practices

HawkItus

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Are you Black?  If you aren't, you have no right to speak on what Blacks think of a city. I don't speak for your race, whatever race that is, don't speak for mines especially if you have zero understanding of context. 

Since he said, "our people" I would conclude he is also black.  You and your personal attacks on people.

5 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Violence has been known to be around rap and hip hop culture, but how many shootings happen at AC/DC concerts?

This last week's been an interesting one in terms of violent behaviour at rock shows.

About 50 AC/DC fans were reportedly arrested for "drunk and disorderly behaviour" following the Australian rock band's gig in Wellington, New Zealand over the weekend.

While this seems like a big deal, local police were actually playing down the number of people arrested. Why?

Well, as New Zealand Police Inspector Mike Coleman told the Otago Daily Timesthat about 30 to 40 people are usually arrested at every Saturday night gig, and 50 is "not bad, [for] a full moon and a nice hot night."

Amusingly, the newspaper ran a headline about the gig which read "AC/DC fans stay out of trouble."

Last Tuesday (Jan. 26), what was either a disturbance or "riot" (depending what news source you read) erupted at Metallica's show in Santiago, Chile after a group of fans attempted to force their way into the venue.

The group were reportedly pushed back by military police using hot water canons, according to the Latin America Herald Tribune, and 120 fans were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, drinking in public and drug possession.

9 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

This last week's been an interesting one in terms of violent behaviour at rock shows.

About 50 AC/DC fans were reportedly arrested for "drunk and disorderly behaviour" following the Australian rock band's gig in Wellington, New Zealand over the weekend.

While this seems like a big deal, local police were actually playing down the number of people arrested. Why?

Well, as New Zealand Police Inspector Mike Coleman told the Otago Daily Timesthat about 30 to 40 people are usually arrested at every Saturday night gig, and 50 is "not bad, [for] a full moon and a nice hot night."

Amusingly, the newspaper ran a headline about the gig which read "AC/DC fans stay out of trouble."

Last Tuesday (Jan. 26), what was either a disturbance or "riot" (depending what news source you read) erupted at Metallica's show in Santiago, Chile after a group of fans attempted to force their way into the venue.

The group were reportedly pushed back by military police using hot water canons, according to the Latin America Herald Tribune, and 120 fans were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, drinking in public and drug possession.

New Zealand? That's supposed to mean what to me? Next time take a visit there I will find out what its all about.

Even at that, people acting a little foolish while drinking is different than shootings and stabbings.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Are you Black?  If you aren't, you have no right to speak on what Blacks think of a city. I don't speak for your race, whatever race that is, don't speak for mines especially if you have zero understanding of context. 

1 star post again...keep them coming supes you're great at that.

for the record I am black. Stop commenting on my post if you have an issue with me. And never tell me I can't speak about my culture. Are you black? 

You seem to have a hard time knowing that there are some blacks making it just fine in Atlanta. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Watchman said:

Since he said, "our people" I would conclude he is also black.  You and your personal attacks on people.

I know man...he's bitter. I'm done with him though...he thinks he knows everything and says stuff as if their facts lol

43 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

New Zealand? That's supposed to mean what to me? Next time take a visit there I will find out what its all about.

Even at that, people acting a little foolish while drinking is different than shootings and stabbings.

Violence is violence. Doesn't matter where it takes place New Zealand or New York.  Point being the statement that the Hip Hop culture is the main source of violence is not accurate.  Let's not make a sweeping  judgement on a genre of predominately black culture negatively.  Rock has just as bad a reputation as Hip Hop.

5 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

and I still don't understand WTF that barber shop got to do with Hawks fans. I can't see how they expect to make money. But the full statement you just made can of explains it lol shm

This is one aspect of the new arena I do not like.  A barbershop at NBA arena???  Overcompensating to the point that it is offensive.  Yes, I am a brother.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

Violence is violence. Doesn't matter where it takes place New Zealand or New York.  Point being the statement that the Hip Hop culture is the main source of violence is not accurate.  Let's not make a sweeping  judgement on a genre of predominately black culture negatively.  Rock has just as bad a reputation as Hip Hop.

This is what I said:

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Violence has been known to be around rap and hip hop culture, but how many shootings happen at AC/DC concerts?

Where does it say main source of anything? It was a pretty vague post I made.

Violence was around before rap and hip hop got big and so it wouldn't make sense to say that hip hop culture is the main source of violence in the country or the world.

But I think a lot people would find it less shocking to hear about a shooting at a rap concert as opposed to a concert that involves basically any other genre of music.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This is what I said:

Where does it say main source of anything? It was a pretty vague post I made.

Violence was around before rap and hip hop got big and so it wouldn't make sense to say that hip hop culture is the main source of violence in the country or the world.

But I think a lot people would find it less shocking to hear about a shooting at a rap concert as opposed to a concert that basically involves any other genre of music.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree, because most people I know would believe that Rock concert patrons are just as violent as any rap concert patron.  Your post was vague but made direct implications (Rap/Hip Hop = Violence) which I felt a need to address.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

1 star post again...keep them coming supes you're great at that.

for the record I am black. Stop commenting on my post if you have an issue with me. And never tell me I can't speak about my culture. Are you black? 

You seem to have a hard time knowing that there are some blacks making it just fine in Atlanta. 

Not every brotha is a brotha

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Why are you budding in on our personal conversation? I didn't ask for watchman's opinion nor did he. If you want to add your two cents, my inbox is open. 

5 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

Perhaps we can agree to disagree, because most people I know would believe that Rock concert patrons are just as violent as any rap concert patron.  Your post was vague but made direct implications (Rap/Hip Hop = Violence) which I felt a need to address.

Well, Rock is mostly dead now with the exception of nostalgia acts and indie bands that mostly losers and white liberal geeks listen to.

Music impacts in different ways. Maybe the folks in New Zealand take their rock music more seriously than Americans do.

So the Hawks have more problems keeping their "family business within the family" and they think the answer is to add a barbershop to the arena? Good thing that there's no "'shop talk" that will happen there!

What's next are they going to install motion sensors that only detect white people? 

Can we replace Harry the Hawk with a white dove? 

You know athletic jerseys are often worn by thugs and criminals so can we get those banned from the arena? 

Who would have ever thought that the most anti-blacks run organization in America would set up shop in the most black-ish market in the country. 

This organization are freaking clown shoes.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

... there are some blacks making it just fine in Atlanta. 

Not if the Hawks have anything to say about it! 

And on a moderatory note can we keep the anger focused on the Hawks and not on each other?  

• Like 2

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Not if the Hawks have anything to say about it! 

And on a moderatory note can we keep the anger focused on the Hawks and not on each other?  

Absolutely dolf! We're taking this to private messaging if that's ok.

• Like 1

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Well, Rock is mostly dead now with the exception of nostalgia acts and indie bands that mostly losers and white liberal geeks listen to.

Music impacts in different ways. Maybe the folks in New Zealand take their rock music more seriously than Americans do.

Sorry but I still like my Rock music, AC/DC (back in BLACK), nirvana, Aerosmith, U2, Whild Peach, Black Crowes, Lenny Kravitz and I am neither white nor a geek.  

Been to many rock and hip hop concerts, seen crowds in person from both genres. Can you say the same? or did you post that vague comment based on what you read or saw on tv.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Absolutely dolf! We're taking this to private messaging if that's ok.

No problem that's what it's for... and while I quoted you I was certainly not trying to single you out @JTB as nobody could ever accuse you of having bad intentions. I just didn't want this thread to continue going back and forth between members.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

No problem that's what it's for... and while I quoted you I was certainly not trying to single you out @JTB as nobody could ever accuse you of having bad intentions. I just didn't want this thread to continue going back and forth between members.

Oh yeah I understand! All is good.

• Like 1

I've been to all sorts of concerts all over the world and in all sizes of venue and rock / alternative music are easily the most violent. Between the mosh pit where fighting is encouraged and dudes getting jealous of their girls throwing their bras and panties and all the drugs I don't think I've ever been to a show without some type of violence.

The only shows I've ever been to where there usually isn't a lot of violence are country's music concerts and that's probably because of the diversity in age of the crowd and the songs are usually not about encouraging violence. Or at concerts for bands from the 70's because most everyone are either stoned out of their minds or up way past their bedtime.

• Like 1