• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know most of us might be giving Schelnky "Mr. Flexibility" alot of Slunk but...

sillent

Schlenk may look like a genius as well as Ressler, Bud and company after it's all said and done. I;m saying this in hopes that we retain THJ but with Schröder, THJ(hopefully) & Prince given the keys to our team all being ultra competitive I think we may be alot better than most would think. Yes we/he has started a youth movement but that isn't a bad thing at all when you have a confident youthful team that has played with vets, been to the playoffs and are capable to kick it up to another gear. Adding guys like Collins who averaged over 9 rebounds(rebounds translate well from college to pro), Dorsey who is not just a gunner but steps up in big moments, Kaba who maybe still raw but has physical tools for a big to drool over once he develops. Picking up guys like Josh Magette who is a sneaky good passer and scorer and finding Diamonds in the ruff like Diamond Stone who at 6'11 can develop into a great big man are sneaky good under the radar moves. The Celtics(no Horford)/Grizz 2 yrs ago and most recently the Heat (last year) are good examples of teams with seemingly nobody but young players with grit and talent to keep them competitive. Stone and Collins could end up to be special bigs and with Dennis, THJ and Prince we may not be as far away as we think. Bembry I still think is the second coming of Julies Erving will be in his second year with much to prove/contribute as well. Bazemore, Belinelli and Plumlee(if they stay) will be some of the lone vets on this team and all have contributing skills if coached/used correctly(even if that means getting a good benching and being more of locker room guys).

Starters For Now

PG Dennis Schröder

SG Tim Hardaway Jr

SF Taurean Prince

PF John Collins/Filler

C Miles Plumlee/Diamond Stone 

Though unproven what they can do on their own pg- sf have shown much promise and their backup

Possible Bench

PG Magette/Delaney

SG Bazemore/Belinelli/Dorsey/Cordinier???

SF Bembry/Baze

PF Possibly Willie Reed/Collins/Kaba

C Whoever doesn't start Plumlee/Stone/Collins/Kaba/???

It's hard to name one player who doesn't bring potential unless you want to name Baze(from last year's disaster), Delaney(although 27 was still a rookie), Plumlee(has yet to be developed under our system). We still have more proven young talent than Philly in their rebuilding stages and better fits than what Orlando was trying to create. Not trying to jump on the trust the process band wagon but being young yet still competitive(in the weak East) can speak volumes to other teams and free agents.

All we need is Bud to take pride in coaching again and we might be alot better than most think with the current talent we have ala Miami( which I think we still might have more overall talent than they did last year). Of course truth will be told once the ball hits the floor and the season starts but I honestly don't think we're tanking and if we are/do we have alot of draft picks coming up and another talented draft class (atleast around the lottery) that can help us be stacked for years to come with all the young talent we already have. Genius and if know one else is saying it I guess you can say Sillent said it 1st.

1 minute ago, sillent said:

Schlenk may look like a genius as well as Ressler, Bud and company after it's all said and done. I;m saying this in hopes that we retain THJ but with Schröder, THJ(hopefully) & Prince given the keys to our team all being ultra competitive I think we may be alot better than most would think. Yes we/he has started a youth movement but that isn't a bad thing at all when you have a confident youthful team that has played with vets, been to the playoffs and are capable to kick it up to another gear. Adding guys like Collins who averaged over 9 rebounds(rebounds translate well from college to pro), Dorsey who is not just a gunner but steps up in big moments, Kaba who maybe still raw but has physical tools for a big to drool over once he develops. Picking up guys like Josh Magette who is a sneaky good passer and scorer and finding Diamonds in the ruff like Diamond Stone who at 6'11 can develop into a great big man are sneaky good under the radar moves. The Celtics(no Horford)/Grizz 2 yrs ago and most recently the Heat (last year) are good examples of teams with seemingly nobody but young players with grit and talent to keep them competitive. Stone and Collins could end up to be special bigs and with Dennis, THJ and Prince we may not be as far away as we think. Bembry I still think is the second coming of Julies Erving will be in his second year with much to prove/contribute as well. Bazemore, Belinelli and Plumlee(if they stay) will be some of the lone vets on this team and all have contributing skills if coached/used correctly(even if that means getting a good benching and being more of locker room guys).

Starters For Now

PG Dennis Schröder

SG Tim Hardaway Jr

SF Taurean Prince

PF John Collins/Filler

C Miles Plumlee/Diamond Stone 

Though unproven what they can do on their own pg- sf have shown much promise and their backup

Possible Bench

PG Magette/Delaney

SG Bazemore/Belinelli/Dorsey/Cordinier???

SF Bembry/Baze

PF Possibly Willie Reed/Collins/Kaba

C Whoever doesn't start Plumlee/Stone/Collins/Kaba/???

It's hard to name one player who doesn't bring potential unless you want to name Baze(from last year's disaster), Delaney(although 27 was still a rookie), Plumlee(has yet to be developed under our system). We still have more proven young talent than Philly in their rebuilding stages and better fits than what Orlando was trying to create. Not trying to jump on the trust the process band wagon but being young yet still competitive(in the weak East) can speak volumes to other teams and free agents.

All we need is Bud to take pride in coaching again and we might be alot better than most think with the current talent we have ala Miami( which I think we still might have more overall talent than they did last year). Of course truth will be told once the ball hits the floor and the season starts but I honestly don't think we're tanking and if we are/do we have alot of draft picks coming up and another talented draft class (atleast around the lottery) that can help us be stacked for years to come with all the young talent we already have. Genius and if know one else is saying it I guess you can say Sillent said it 1st.

So in other words . . . you're nervous as hell.

• Like 1

Umm... you have a unique perspective.  Starting bigs on your roster feature a #19 pick and a 3rd string center.  I don't see that as competitive.  

Dennis, Prince, and THJ are below average starters still.  I don't see Diamond Stone as anything but trade filler.  The roster we have to this point is incomplete, and I think there are several moves left that will determine who actually gets 60% of our PT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So in other words . . . you're nervous as hell.

Lol actually I'm excited... If we win we win because most won't expect us to do much ala Miami and if we lose like the tankers request we have multiple young pieces/assets to build and reconstruct around.I was more nervous with Ferry's moves on paper but I saw the grit team he was building and DMC and of course Paul were even better than expected. Only thing I'm semi nervous about is if we get THJ back or not and even then looking at Schlenk's moves and knowing Bud and our coaching staffs development/coaching skills I'm honestly not worried.  

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

Lol actually I'm excited... If we win we win because most won't expect us to do much ala Miami and if we lose like the tankers request we have multiple young pieces/assets to build and reconstruct around.I was more nervous with Ferry's moves on paper but I saw the grit team he was building and DMC and of course Paul were even better than expected. Only thing I'm semi nervous about is if we get THJ back or not and even then looking at Schlenk's moves and knowing Bud and our coaching staffs development/coaching skills I'm honestly not worried.  

Well it looks like we are losing THJ. And if you think Bembry is the second coming of Dr. J I want whatever you are on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Umm... you have a unique perspective.  Starting bigs on your roster feature a #19 pick and a 3rd string center.  I don't see that as competitive.  

Dennis, Prince, and THJ are below average starters still.  I don't see Diamond Stone as anything but trade filler.  The roster we have to this point is incomplete, and I think there are several moves left that will determine who actually gets 60% of our PT.

True we are not finish but I do see the direction. The Kings actually have most of the draft picks I would have chosen but I'm not mad/scared at our picks nor strategy. I guess most lack vision until hindsight and I'm definitely not saying we are going to win it all now but I see where we're going and I'm optimistic we will not be as bad as people think thru our whole process. As the 76ers/Lakers were/are. People thought we were in just as bad a position(ok probably not as bad but on paper we didn't look like much) when Ferry made his moves. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now that Tim is gone, we got the worst starting SG, SF, PF and C in the NBA. With a bottom 10 PG and a terrible bench. 

This might end up being worse than 2004. 

Chill with that PG and SF talk. And Collins will be good too. But yeah as I've said many times, the Hawks weren't going to keep THJ and will be in #1 pick talk. 

• Like 1

Just now, CP61 said:

Chill with that PG and SF talk. And Collins will be good too. But yeah as I've said many times, the Hawks weren't going to keep THJ and will be in #1 pick talk. 

Saying what they will be and what they are today are two completely different things. 

Collins right now is a 233 pound PF who's 19. Markieff Morris is ranked the 30th PF in the NBA and he's a solid NBA starting PF like Dennis is at PG. I honestly don't think Collins is currently a top 50 PF in the NBA right now. 

Prince hasn't shown anything to say he's ready to be a solid NBA starting SF as of what we seen. He has potential but its potential, it's not solid. 

We need to be honest, this team is horrendous right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noble said:

Well it looks like we are losing THJ. And if you think Bembry is the second coming of Dr. J I want whatever you are on.

Just another Schlenky way of telling me I got this lol smh.... I definitely feel like Bud watching Schlenk shred all of my hopes/picks for the off season but besides the Dwight trade for peanuts (which might turn out to be more than expected) I'm still trusting the process. I noticed during our rookie interview how Collins was saying he is similar to Paul Millsap and me thinking (**** Paul's gone) and Dorsey drooling over his shooting abilities and thinking (Noooo not THJ). Schlenk had hindset to replace players even before hand and before we actually see our TEAM in action I refuse to misjudge. I know a team that drafted 3 players and made moves that might've looked like garbage before Steph(overrated/than underrated), Klay and Draymond became the talk of the town. Enough to convince KD who was already on a winning franchise to jump ship. If Bud isn't on board this won't work correctly but if Bud decides to embrace all of his new and old young assets (which this year he has no choice) I think we will be the team that's light years ahead of the league. Our player development is already one of the best in the league and this up and coming season will now really put it to the test.  

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Saying what they will be and what they are today are two completely different things. 

Collins right now is a 233 pound PF who's 19. Markieff Morris is ranked the 30th PF in the NBA and he's a solid NBA starting PF like Dennis is at PG. I honestly don't think Collins is currently a top 50 PF in the NBA right now. 

Prince hasn't shown anything to say he's ready to be a solid NBA starting SF as of what we seen. He has potential but its potential, it's not solid. 

WORST and awful are two different things. I think there's a good chance this is the worst team in the league, but I don't think that Prince will be the worst starter in the NBA. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Could be the worst team in NBA history.

They can shoot their ass off and got some good PnR players so I think they could pull off maybe 10 games with style and shooting alone but they lack far too much talent and experience. 

Just now, CP61 said:

WORST and awful are two different things. I think there's a good chance this is the worst team in the league, but I don't think that Prince will be the worst starter in the NBA. 

What he will be and what he is right now is a massive difference. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. Mostly.

But here's the thing: Budenholzer can coach, and his system relies on skillset and fit over talent. Dennis, Prince and Collins are a start there. I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs, but whatever the Vegas over/under is I'm taking the over purely because of Bud.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What he will be and what he is right now is a massive difference. 

I couldn't even name Brooklyn and Chicago's Small Forwards. Anyway, we are splitting hairs. I'm hyped to trust the Cawcess.

Edited by CP61
  • Like 1

Just now, CP61 said:

I couldn't even name Brooklyn and Chicago's Small Forwards. Anyway, we are splitting hairs. I'm hyped to trust the Cawcess.

I can, Caris Levert and Rondae Hollins-Jefferson. I actually watch them. Caris has good talent, he actually played better than Prince did last season and would have been a clear lotto pick if not for injuries. 

Chicago SF would be Zach LaVine who is clearly more of an SG. I think we can all agree that Zach is better than any Hawk not named Dennis. 

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

If Bud is smart he will step down. He has done enough that he will get another head coaching gig.

Bud needs to stick around. He f***ed the roster up. You can coach it through the good and the bad like Kenny is doing in Brooklyn. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bud needs to stick around. He f***ed the roster up. You can coach it through the good and the bad like Kenny is doing in Brooklyn. 

No chance he survives this rebuild. Sticking around a team like this only damages you. If he is smart he will step down and wait for another gig.