• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Starting Lineup Predictions

TheBigETrain

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Why not criticize Bud then...Message board members will start hundreds of threads unfairly criticizing ownership, the GM, and players but not 1 thread criticizing Bud...why not? If he is screwing up, where is the outrage...Bud was the one that didn't want Howard here but all I see is Schlenk this and Schleck that...can we be fair and balanced for a change? Or is that too much to ask?

You're so funny.  Are you being fair to Bud when you blame him for EVERYTHING?  Yes, he made mistakes but you act like he's the worst coach in the league.  He's not.  Please, I beg of you! Just give the man another chance.  Also, you make enough comments in almost every thread about Bud, that no one else has to. 

AND PLEASE stop comparing football coaches to basketball coaches. If I see your Quinn analogy one more time. I'm going to scream. 

1.  In a previous thread, you brought up Quinn and Bud and I shut that down really quick.  You said Bud's system was too rigid and he should move away from his system.  Quin has a defensive system and he finds players to put in that system.  Football it's easier to find players to fit your system and perform in a certain roll.  Basketball is not so easy because LeBron James alone can trump most systems and players.  I.E.. elite talent in basketball has a bigger effect than elite talent in football.  Julio Jones can be completely shut out of a game. However, there's no way in hell you can shut Lebron James down completely due to the nba rules.  Also, it was the OFFENSE that guy the Falcons through most of the games last year which Quinn had very little to do with.

2.  SG vs SF.  You act like Bud didn't address the SF position when he and Wilcox drafted Taurean Prince who as far as I know is the starting small forward.  Baze can go against backup small forwards in the league.  Bud's not the only coach who uses the 2 and 3 interchangeably.  I believe it's around 80% of the league that does.  If that''s not true then give me 6 teams that do not.

Once again, we know how you feel about Bud so why do you bring it up in almost every thread?

• Premium Member

No one else in the organization is protected like Bud and I'm tired of it.  Diesel can rail about Schlenk and many join in with Diesel  to criticize him like Schlenk has been here for 5 years creating this mess.  People blamed Cox for a lot of problems also until they found out the truth.  They blame the new owner for Howard.  They blamed losses on players with Bazemore being particularly convenient scapegoat. When Baze became a turnover machine in the playoff as he played the roll of facilitator while Dennis rested, no one question why he was in that roll.   How much mileage is Bud going to get out of 1 magical season?

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, wolvetigers said:

Agreed with the Quinn comment, but damn man still too soon after that vision did seem to work in the superbowl. 

Back to our Hawks:

This is a completely different scenario..the Hawks were a playoff team when Bud arrived, now they are no where near a playoff birth..Plus we lost our best player Milsap (2nd leading scorer) and our 3rd leading scorer in Hardaway. This is a significant change, when you're running the offense through Milsap to now seeing who you should run the offense through all together....

As Hawks fans we are hoping Prince, Bembry, even Collins contribute significantly- but Coach Bud has to see how these guys will react being in starting roles, which means changing the rotation almost every other week. The good news is Hawks fans and ownership will learn right away if Prince, Collins, Bembry can be true starters and impact players in the league.

I don't think Coach Bud deserves much hate for the recent exodus of the players.  I am not looking forward to a potential season of night in night out losing.  That being said i am willing to accept the Hawks coaches and executives realizing that Red Aurbach, Phil Jackson, Pat Rilley, and John Wooten on the bench together couldn't coach a team lead by the core from our 60 win season could beat the Warriors and win a title.  We were clearly out matched by the Cavs with that core.  I think we have a ton of potential and our team is filled with young players that are hungry to improve.   Coach Bud did more than most coaches could with our prior lines ups.   It may not work out but I think that next year he is going to be able to do amazing things with a team of Dennis, Bembry, Prince, Collins as a starting line up.   Baze can be a great six man.   Our player development is among the best and we may see some of the young bigs we got this year turn heads.   If non of the young talent on the team becomes all stars or productive pros I will join the Bud hate train.  In my view though we have the perfect coach to bring along a bunch of young players and have home grown studs in a few years.   We will have the cap space to add a seasoned top 10 player that could be the piece that puts in the finals.   I hope  Bud don't make me eat all these words but I am more optimistic about the future of the Hawks than I have been in years.   I will take some growing pains if we are going for the big prize and not just treading water and our biggest achievement is a play off streak that never made a finals.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, wolvetigers said:

(Sorry about the re quote using my kids chrome book and I can't make it delete)

But I do think this will be the starting line up opening night

PG - Dennis

SG - Baze

SF - Prince

PF - Ilyasova

C - Moose (Only because they knows the system this won't last)

I don't think it will be very long maybe just a couple of weeks before we have this depth chart though

PG - Dennis, Delaney, (FA)

SG - Bembry, Belinelli, Dorsey

SF - Prince, Bazemore, 

PF - Collins, Ilyasova, Moose

C - Dedmon, Plumlee, Moose, Diamonds 

That team is young but damn I think it could be special in a year or two

56 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I don't think Coach Bud deserves much hate for the recent exodus of the players.  I am not looking forward to a potential season of night in night out losing.  That being said i am willing to accept the Hawks coaches and executives realizing that Red Aurbach, Phil Jackson, Pat Rilley, and John Wooten on the bench together couldn't coach a team lead by the core from our 60 win season could beat the Warriors and win a title.  We were clearly out matched by the Cavs with that core.  I think we have a ton of potential and our team is filled with young players that are hungry to improve.   Coach Bud did more than most coaches could with our prior lines ups.   It may not work out but I think that next year he is going to be able to do amazing things with a team of Dennis, Bembry, Prince, Collins as a starting line up.   Baze can be a great six man.   Our player development is among the best and we may see some of the young bigs we got this year turn heads.   If non of the young talent on the team becomes all stars or productive pros I will join the Bud hate train.  In my view though we have the perfect coach to bring along a bunch of young players and have home grown studs in a few years.   We will have the cap space to add a seasoned top 10 player that could be the piece that puts in the finals.   I hope  Bud don't make me eat all these words but I am more optimistic about the future of the Hawks than I have been in years.   I will take some growing pains if we are going for the big prize and not just treading water and our biggest achievement is a play off streak that never made a finals.

Outmatched by Lebron. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Outmatched by Lebron. 

That probably would have been a better way of phrasing that but outmatched non the less.   Hopefully LeBron will be losing a step by the time this version of the Hawks is ready for a tile run.