TheBigETrain

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

SF: Prince (Bazemore)

PF: Collins (Ilyasova, Muscala)

C: Dedmon (Plumlee, Stone)

PG: Schröder (Delaney, Magette)

SG: Bembry (Belinelli, Dorsey)

I think Bazemore starts early in the season, and his play along with Bembry's will determine whether or not he goes to the bench. Same thing goes for Collins/Ilyasova

Edited by aali34
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

SF: Prince (Bazemore)

PF: Collins (Ilyasova, Muscala)

C: Dedmon (Plumlee, Stone)

PG: Schröder (Delaney, Magette)

SG: Bembry (Belinelli, Dorsey)

The likely starting lineup will be:

PG: Dennis / 

SG: Bazemore / Belinelli

SF: Prince / Bembry

PF: Ilyasova / Collins /   ( No Collins won't start right away, once he learns Bud's system he may by Jan 18)

C:  Dedmond / Muscala / Dorsey

• Like 3

The darkest timeline:

Dennis / Delaney / ???

Bazemore / Belineli / Dorsey

Prince / Bembry

Muscala / Ilyasova / Collins

Dedmon / Plumlee / Stone

Hopefully:

Dennis / Delaney / ???

Bazemore / Belineli / Dorsey

Prince / Bembry

Ilyasova / Collins

Dedmon / Muscala / Plumlee / Stone

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bembry plays like a guard to me so why do so many list him as a back up 3?

Probably cause people expect Belinelli to play the backup  2.

It doesn't really matter much anyway. Coach Bud plays wings interchangeably          ex - starting baze at small forward even though he is 6'5

Edited by aali34
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/13/2017 at 7:43 PM, aali34 said:

Probably cause people expect Belinelli to play the backup  2.

It doesn't really matter much anyway. Coach Bud plays wings interchangeably ex - starting baze at small forward even though he is 6'5

That's one of many flaws with Bud's coaching.  Even when the metrics are obvious that a player thrives playing one position over the other like for example Bazemore was terrible at the 3 but was decent at the 2 position, Bud ignores those kinds of details.  Time for a change

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, DBac said:

Depends on who he is surrounded with. 

I think so many of us have grown accustom to those goofy line ups of the past that we have finally convinced ourselves that a wing is a wing and skill set/size doesn't matter which simply isn't true

56 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh, say again?

Yes....that is likely starting Center combinations. Stone will spend time in the development league this year people

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But is he better at the 3 or 2 is the question.

You're joking right? This season will solely be spent on evaluating players ability to play well and in multiple positions. Outside of the PG spot, Bud and our GM will be looking to see how the young talent plays and how effective they are in a variety of situations and positions. This season will be long, but hopefully the young talent shows some promise for the future.  if not then we will be starting over from scratch next year...smdh

Edited by wolvetigers

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I think so many of us have grown accustom to those goofy line ups of the past that we have finally convinced ourselves that a wing is a wing and skill set/size doesn't matter which simply isn't true

I said Bembry has the size. Look at the difference of him guarding Lebron and Baze guarding Lebron. But yeah as long as he has shooters around him he's good at the 3. Think Andre Iguodala who also seems more suited for the 2 but plays the 3 on the Warriors in most lineups.

• Like 2

I'm predicting Bud is gonna go back to 5-out Budball with Moose playing the Pero Antic role and Dedmon playing the Elton Brand role.

PG-Schröder/Delaney

SG-Bazemore/Belinelli/Dorsey

SF- Prince/Bembry

PF - Illyasova/Collins/Muscala

C- Muscala/Dedmon/Plumlee/Stone

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

You're joking right? This season will solely be spent on evaluating players ability to play well and in multiple positions. Outside of the PG spot, Bud and our GM will be looking to see how the young talent plays and how effective they are in a variety of situations and positions. This season will be long, but hopefully the young talent shows some promise for the future.  if not then we will be starting over from scratch next year...smdh

I don't know what you mean...The staff should already know how to feature a player who has been on the roster for a year now.  Sounds crazy to me but if this is how you think a coach should operate so be it.  I just know Quinn has a vision already for his players before they play their 1st down for him.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know what you mean...The staff should already know how to feature a player who has been on the roster for a year now.  Sounds crazy to me but if this is how you think a coach should operate so be it.  I just know Quinn has a vision already for his players before they play their 1st down for him.

Even Quinn has moved guys. Vic went from LEO to SAM, Shede moved from DE to DT midseason.

Their vision for Bembry was being a playmaker. That was said draft night.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, DBac said:

Even Quinn has moved guys. Vic went from LEO to SAM, Shede moved from DE to DT midseason.

Their vision for Bembry was being a playmaker. That was said draft night.

I think that was all noise about vic playing in space...He played almost exclusively as a rush DE on passing downs his second year.  Shede always played DT year 2 with Quinn.  Quinn was had a lot of moving parts and indecisiveness his 1st year...Not so much his 2nd.  That's when the team started winning consistently because his players knew their role on the team and were at their best positions based on their skill/talents.