• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AND WE HAVE A WINNER! [8-17 UPDATE] Sheer boredom requires me to ask who do you think will be our jersey sponsor?

sturt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

And the winner of the contest is the Squawker who said...

2017-08-17_0819.png

You may pick up your prize anytime until 5 pm today.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-land-jersey-sponsorship-deal-with-sharecare/YPJt9YqYu7Ejfn7I7PCCjM/

...Although the Hawks’ sponsorship deal with Sharecare is for five years, NBA owners voted to authorize advertising patches as only a three-year pilot program. The NBA could extend the program, but in any case, there are many other elements of the Hawks-Sharecare agreement, including signage and radio/TV commercials. 

Arnold said Sharecare approaches the deal as part of its mission, rather than as an advertisement. 

“Our vision here was, how do we empower people to take control of their health?” Arnold said. “I’ve always believed that there’s a powerful connection between, obviously, good health and sports and that sports teams, like the Hawks, have the power to convene people and inspire people. And so we looked at the patch and said that’s not an advertisement for Sharecare, it’s a movement.” 

The movement, he and Saltzman said, is to improve the health of people across Atlanta and Georgia. 

Founded in 2010 by digital health pioneer Arnold and cardiothoracic surgeon/TV personality Dr. Mehmet Oz, Sharecare describes its business as helping people manage their health and wellness in one place by connecting them to information, tools and experts. 

The partnership with the Hawks will include a Sharecare-branded section in Philips Arena and will make the company the presenting sponsor of the team’s radio network. The Hawks and Sharecare said they’ll collaborate on offering healthy food choices in the arena and will offer a rewards program, including game tickets, tied to healthy behavior....

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

My question... what's going to be the Vegas over/under on appearances by Hawks admin/coaches/players on the Dr. Oz show?

I thought I was kidding. After watching the video, perhaps not.