• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trading with the cavs

phoostal

Well we get Felder, Jefferson, cash and 2 2nd round picks for the rights of Gladyr and Agravianis

hope we keep Felder, he can really play, I think he is better than Cook and Delaney.

but as I think it would be wise to keep him probably we are cutting him

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Ironically, the Hawks drafted Kay Felder with the 54th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.

I remember the wailing and gnashing of teeth as we took a cool million or two (right?) in that exchange. Draft night, I was unmoved when Wilcox explained it away as-if the Hawks had plenty of PGs. Admittedly, I was among the somewhat-miffed, though, when we went into last season without a viable 3rd PG.

And another thought... Felder essentially is the reason that Quinn Cook never played for the big league team... will be interesting to see if the Hawks allow opportunity for history to repeat itself.... don't think they will, this close to season's start, but it's certainly possible.

Just checked the Cavs future pics in hopes that we might get a good one.   Doesn't look like anything is available until 2021 at the earliest.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

Actually, their 2019 second round pick is confusing as hell.  Can someone enlighten me?

May not be a major deal but we aren't grabbing our ankles on this. Two second rounders moving forward may help in combination with other assets or alone by themselves. We spend precious little on this and still have the option of reviewing a former draft pick of ours whether very short in roster setting time or not. Nothing to really bash since we are not in the same category that the Cavs are in right now. They are fighting for right now and we are many days away. Will take this.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, noble said:

Basically we got 2 second round picks to help the Cavs with the luxury tax.

Zero downside for us.  This is one of the benefits of cap space.  You can essentially rent it out for money or picks.

• Like 3