• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SMDH @ Hawks' Dennis Schröder could be a perfect trade candidate for the Nets

JTB

http://hoopshype.com/2017/10/19/hawks-dennis-Schröder-could-be-a-perfect-trade-candidate-for-the-nets/

This is a horrible article! Even if Schlenk doesn’t like Dennis, the trades for him were flat out terrible in this article and doesn’t make sense for the Hawks ! 

What gets me is that he starts the article out by stating how much other executives would rather stay away from Dennis then he goes on and highly compliments Dennis, specifically pointing out his achievements from last season and how he’d fit the nets.

i don’t know if dude is a nets fan or not  but Schlenk wouldn’t do this trade even if he did dislike Dennis...the players mentioned from the nets are either older with longer contracts or players with no real potential.....either way it goes the one player we’d be interested in is DMC but I believe that ship has sailed and he’s not worth retaining for Dennis. Any deal that would mess with our cap flexibility is a no go! Schlenk seems to have much pride in cap flexibility and the nets have no picks.

Why would Schlenk make a deal with them???? PERFECT TRADE CANDIDATE MY ASS!!! HOW SO?!!

Last but not least I’d hold my breath on all the “Dennis is not Schlenks guy”...Lets wait it out at least to the trade deadline first. If this team is even in the playoffs by trade deadline I don’t believe Schlenk will trade any of them not even Bazemore.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Dennis is arond the point where Tony Parker was when he assumed his largest share of the load.  When your PG is in world-class shape with league-leading driving skills you stand pat as a GM and you damn sure don’t deal with the Nets.  As long as he defends with effort I think the relationship between Dennis and Bud will be very healthy.

And where the hell is @jaybird and @spud2nique?

Agreed!

in other news...Seriously where are those two  @jaybird and @spud2nique ?? It seems like it’s been months since they posted on the squawk !

8 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

The Bucks should trade for Dennis but that's the only team right now that really needs such a player imo. There ist no high demand for him, even though his contract is A+ from a GM stand point.

I wouldn’t trade with the bucks. Don’t want no part of Jabari Parker or Middleton . Those are the only two players worth giving up Dennis other than Greek freak who we know is off limits.

plus as you mentioned Dennis contract is fantastic! Any gm in the league would agree!

if Schlenk really does want Parker I say throw some crazy ass deal at him in free agency next summer  that the bucks will hesitate to match.

• Like 1

Thing with Parker though is he has missed over ninety games in three years so coughing up a major player and a draft pick or more is beyond risky. We're not talking about nagging injuries here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

And where the hell is @jaybird and @spud2nique?

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

In other news...Seriously where are those two  @jaybird and @spud2nique ?? It seems like it’s been months since they posted on the squawk !

IIRC, during the “incident” a few months back (see announcement pinned to top of board), Spud was banned and Mule and Jay left in disgust. Very unfortunate and hasn’t been the same around here without ‘em...

• Like 2

Mule still has an account but said he would no longer post. Jay no longer has an account, not sure if she deleted or was banned like Spud.

• Moderators

I'm not going into details but Gray Mule was banned and quickly reinstated with an apology.  Spud, kg and Jay were banned shortly thereafter.  We've had some positive dialogue with some of these people since then and haven't either reached out to or heard back from others.  Please follow-up in PM to one of the moderators or admin if you've got more questions.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

We need them back. We're all adults with the capacity to forgive and forget. This community needs them back. It really is not the same without them here. I'm not blaming anyone just hoping that hurt feelings can be mended for the good of everyone.

Couldn’t have said it any better ! I’d be glad if things could get worked out.

19 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Not going into too much detail, but they liked to talk ish about folks behind closed doors... which led to the ban.

Really? ....Not gon lie that’s very surprising and interesting at the same time. But I’m only saying that based on my belief that no one on these boards truly know anyone personally so how offensive or how bad could they really talk ish about someone is my first thought. Sure they could talk down on someone’s basketball beliefs but hey Again my assumption is  that no one knows anyone truly on these boards on that kind of level  (at least I didn’t think so)...... but I’m leaving it at that with no further comments as it’s not any of my business and I’m not trying to get kicked off the squawk ! Lol

Believe it would be wise for us to avoid mean sarcasm about other poster's significant others which we should anyway. Seem to remember that becoming commonplace stuff and then it stopped abruptly in June. So that might have been at least part of it but then of course my memory is what it is these days. 

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Believe it would be wise for us to avoid mean sarcasm about other poster's significant others which we should anyway. Seem to remember that becoming commonplace stuff and then it stopped abruptly in June. So that might have been at least part of it but then of course my memory is what it is these days. 

Couldn’t agree more. All about keeping it basketball & hawks! That’s what this site is for.