• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deadmon Staying Not Walking

hazer

I say it depends and it depends who we dangle him for.

Nobody here would turn down a trade for Booker or a unprotected first from Phoenix.

Just saying.

But we can't get anything like that in return. The only teams that would be interested are contenders or teams with bad contracts to unload. Those kinds of teams wouldn't give us quality assets.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Just to go ahead and warn you, Dedmon's jump shot is due for a regression at some point..  He's not going to continue to shoot 50% from three point land.   When that happens, it is going to be difficult to play Collins and Dedmon together due to spacing issues.  

Dedmon doesn't have to shoot 3s all the time.  2 a game is fine for me.   I personally hate the way that those in the NBA act like all PFs or Cs have to shoot 3s now.   His shot chart shows that he's a very good midrange shooter and a corner 3 shooter.  Even if that corner 3% goes down to the high 30%, that's still enough to keep defenses honest, as long as he makes his midrange jumpers.

The bigger issue is Collins.  If he can show that he can make at least 40% of his midrange jumpers, that would be gold for his game.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dedmon doesn't have to shoot 3s all the time.  2 a game is fine for me.   I personally hate the way that those in the NBA act like all PFs or Cs have to shoot 3s now.   His shot chart shows that he's a very good midrange shooter and a corner 3 shooter.  Even if that corner 3% goes down to the high 30%, that's still enough to keep defenses honest, as long as he makes his midrange jumpers.

The bigger issue is Collins.  If he can show that he can make at least 40% of his midrange jumpers, that would be gold for his game.

This is how things are in the NBA today though, and if you aren't going with it, you are falling behind.  

On 11/25/2017 at 7:27 AM, hazer said:

In the preseason thread about who would be the biggest surprise, he was my pick. 

I even recall predicting he’d average close to a double/double, a few tried to laugh me outta the building. Yet here he stands at 11pts/8rebs. Hmmmm...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/26/2017 at 9:29 PM, NBASupes said:

I am all for keeping him and Beli unless we can get a 1st. They are sound role players, you need them for execution. That said, having them eventually to the bench is ideal. 

We have 3 first rounders as it is.   

On 11/29/2017 at 6:52 AM, hazer said:

I even recall predicting he’d average close to a double/double, a few tried to laugh me outta the building. Yet here he stands at 11pts/8rebs. Hmmmm...

Bet he maintains that average for the next month, yeah ok, a bad joke. Just the same some crazy good percentage stats by Dedmon. 

Dedmon is averaging a career-high 11.1 points per game on 60% shooting from the field, a career-best 48% from three, career-high 7.8 rebounds per game and a career-high 1.4 assists per game.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Other than 3pt%, what Dedmon is doing is very sustainable.

He is actually down on a per minute basis versus last year on FG%, rebounding, blocks and steals.  That tells me he isn't over his head with his overall game.