• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deadmon Staying Not Walking

hazer

Deadmon JUST turned 28. Perfect Schlenkenholzer C, great D and can shoot. Does he have 5 peak years in him? Does he stay instead of getting dangled at the deadline? I know Bud, he’s salivating over Doncic over Ayton/Bamba. Would keeping him work into the rebuild plan?

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’d say yes easily.  No way to know what Schlenk’s line of thinking is.

Agreed, he’s proving himself. Menace, Donkey Chik, Fresh Printz, J-Bap, and Deadmon Walking plus a savvy star trade/FA would really be something.

Edited by hazer

Once the hawks or Schlenk I should say figures out if we are getting the number 1 or 2 draft pick he will then be able to know exactly what to do with dedmon.

as of right now I can assure you dedmon is opting out and looking for more money next season no doubt!

obviously if the plan is to draft Luka Doncic (assuming we get the first pick) then Dedmon likely stays and get a pretty decent pay raise (maybe around 10m or 11m per year)....however if the goal is to go after a big like bagley or ayton then we’d be facing a situation where dedmon may feel disrespected and leaves anyways.

all fingers are likely pointing to the hawks drafting doncic if they get the first pick though (doncic is just a bud/spurs type of player and one I see Schlenk having no issues with) and if that happens I can see Dedmon here another 2-4 years depending on how good the contract is on both ends.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So can someone explain why Dedmon is playing fewer than 25 minutes per game?  Any Bud supporters willing to tackle this one?  I think we can rule out front court depth.

1) He's been splitting minutes with Collins at center for most of the season.

2) He has had some foul troubles.

3) He's a 7-footer who had never played more than 17.5 mpg before this season.

Pretty simple. 

We have a bunch of Tom Thibodeaus on here who want Dennis/Bembry/Prince/Collins/Dedmon to play 48 mpg. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, High5 said:

Pretty simple. 

We have a bunch of Tom Thibodeaus on here who want Dennis/Bembry/Prince/Collins/Dedmon to play 48 mpg. 

Agreed but I do think bud will start Dedmon and Collins here on out and they will probably avg 30-33 minutes per game as long as they stay out of foul trouble. 

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, High5 said:

Collins is a power forward and is now flourishing in that role.  He should never been cast in the role of center

Desmond played 25 minutes last night and had 2 fouls

WTF?  Every player in the league has a 1st time for everything in the NBA

Pretty simple. 

I think you are being a little dramatic.

If Dedmon is our best shooter, rebounder, and rim protector, he should play more than 24 minutes per game.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Dedmon is our best shooter, rebounder, and rim protector, he should play more than 24 minutes per game.

If you’re trying to get into the playoffs, or play yourself out of a top 5 pick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1) Collins is doing the exact same thing he's been doing all season, except now he's playing more with Dennis. It has nothing to do with his position. And he's still playing center on the defensive end, which is the whole point, because he has the most trouble defending away from the paint. His biggest strength is straight up and down defense at the rim. 

2) You must not have watched the game. Dedmon picked up 2 fouls in the 1st and we were getting blown out. Then he sat out of the 2nd while we were making a comeback. And then he played almost the entire second half. He also had 4 fouls, not 2.

3) The point is he has only played those few minutes for a reason and Bud has already given him a big bump in minutes while tinkering with his lineups. Now that Collins is starting Dedmon should play more, and he has. He'll play even more if he keeps the fouls down. 

You're so ready to criticize Bud for anything and everything that you don't think everything through, or you're just plain wrong. Bud deserves to be questioned at times, but that gets lost in the constant whining about every decision he makes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hazer said:

If you’re trying to get into the playoffs, or play yourself out of a top 5 pick.

That's the other thing. Some people seem to want to squeeze every possible win out of this season by shrinking the rotations. That just doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 2

Just to go ahead and warn you, Dedmon's jump shot is due for a regression at some point..  He's not going to continue to shoot 50% from three point land.   When that happens, it is going to be difficult to play Collins and Dedmon together due to spacing issues.  

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So is Bud trying to loose games? If so, why not play the young players?

Not saying he’s trying to loose some, but he’s trying to lose some :Bud:

• Like 1

Just to go ahead and warn you, Dedmon's jump shot is due for a regression at some point..  He's not going to continue to shoot 50% from three point land.   When that happens, it is going to be difficult to play Collins and Dedmon together due to spacing issues.  

I don't see you're logic. Just because Dedmon isn't going to keep shooting 50% from 3 doesn't mean he can't still stretch the floor. He's proved he's a threat from outside, whoever is guarding him has to respect his jump shot. Once Collins gains more confidence in his mid range shot he's already got, the spacing will be perfectly fine.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, hazer said:

Deadmon JUST turned 28. Perfect Schlenkenholzer C, great D and can shoot. Does he have 5 peak years in him? Does he stay instead of getting dangled at the deadline? I know Bud, he’s salivating over Doncic over Ayton/Bamba. Would keeping him work into the rebuild plan?

I say it depends and it depends who we dangle him for.

Nobody here would turn down a trade for Booker or a unprotected first from Phoenix.

Just saying.

• Like 1