• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, CP61 said:

Alright while I agree with you about Sexton, this isn’t the way to go about getting him. To move up far enough to get him, assuming he doesn’t raise his stock, I would think it would take at least Dennis and 2 more firsts. Phoenix if they fall out of the top 5 makes sense, but I’d take Sexton in their situation.

Well, even if we kept Dedmon and did a Dennis/Baze for Lin/DMC/future 1st.. we could use our own pick to go after Sexton.  I think he's going to be that good.  

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, GThawks3 said:

Isn’t Schröder one of the most efficient ISO guys in the league? Why trade your 24 year old PG who’s putting up 20/7/3 and has improved every year?

So basically the future would be Sexton/Prince/Collins instead of potentially Schröder/Prince/Bagley/Collins?Hawks will not be good anytime soon with that awful trade.

We don't have a coach who preaches Iso ball.   Ultimately the decision is going to have to be made.. is it Bud or is it Schro.  The thing is that Bud has already proven that his system works.    Lastly.. Sexton will be Better than Schro.   The guy is a beast.

Ask LAL about do you not go after Kobe because you have Eddie Jones.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

There is no burning need to get rid of Baze at this point anyway.  He could be crippling if we were in position to try to win big now and needed to get bang out of every free agent dollar but we aren't.  We are trying to develop young talent at this point and he neither blocks said young talent nor blocks us from making moves in free agency due to the inexpensive nature of youth.  Nor does he make us win games Bobby Sura style if that is a worry.

He has two years left on his deal and becomes more attractive to move next year and perhaps even a valuable piece as an expiring deal the following year.  I'd absolutely deal him if we found the right deal but to dump Schröder for a garbage offer just to be done with him makes no sense.

The unstated part about that deal is that it opens the floor for us to go after a max level free agent.   Consider a Kevin Durant or a Paul George.  We will have the youth and the coaching to Joe Johnson a FA and put them with Young guys who are hungry but need leadership. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The unstated part about that deal is that it opens the floor for us to go after a max level free agent.   Consider a Kevin Durant or a Paul George.  We will have the youth and the coaching to Joe Johnson a FA and put them with Young guys who are hungry but need leadership. 

“This is Atlanta.” “Science.” “Poor fan base.” ~ Dieselputer 64

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

“This is Atlanta.” “Science.” “Poor fan base.” 

Great place to open a restaurant though...

Seriously...  After 2 championships and being a cog in the wheel, I think MVP 2 time champ would want some of his own shine.    George certainly seems like a possibility in OKC.   It's the Joe Johnson pitch.. come here and we will make you THE MAN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Great place to open a restaurant though...

Seriously...  After 2 championships and being a cog in the wheel, I think MVP 2 time champ would want some of his own shine.    George certainly seems like a possibility in OKC.   It's the Joe Johnson pitch.. come here and we will make you THE MAN.

Well, well, well...

12 hours ago, rd79 said:

Who asked for that?

Well actually we have been complaining about having the same old arguments lately so at least we have a new one to chew on I guess. Humorous in a way.

• Like 3

On 11/28/2017 at 7:14 AM, Diesel said:

The unstated part about that deal is that it opens the floor for us to go after a max level free agent.

Trying to remember when that has actually worked out properly for us. Thinking 1996, so its possible though that was over twenty years ago.

42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd actually prefer trade of day posts versus the beyond tiresome tank/not tank arguments. It at least gives us something different to discuss that is Hawks related.

(Hulk Hogan voice) "You got that right, brother!"

i'd make an allowance for misplaced thread topics if we could finally get a global mute button on the pro/anti tank talk. Seriously about to block some folks just for the sake of sanity. Geez.

but generally speaking I think that getting rid of Dennis would set the 'rebuild' back even further. Even if Sexton is a stud he is still going to have an adjustment period to the NBA. So would Donkey Itch  for that matter. (isn't that how Doncic is pronounced?). Hard to believe the front office is behind a decision like that given that revenues are almost certainly down substantially while they revamp the arena and the attendance is down during The Schlenk Suck era. I have been surprised before but we shall see I guess...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, even if we kept Dedmon and did a Dennis/Baze for Lin/DMC/future 1st.. we could use our own pick to go after Sexton.  I think he's going to be that good.  

I’d rather move Dennis for a first this year though. Brooklyn isn’t in the position to give away picks anymore, so I wouldn’t do this trade. The problem with trading Dennis is there is a lot of point guard talent in the league that is either established or was just taken with a high pick. It’s hard to find a team that needs a vet.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

We don't have a coach who preaches Iso ball.   Ultimately the decision is going to have to be made.. is it Bud or is it Schro.  The thing is that Bud has already proven that his system works.    Lastly.. Sexton will be Better than Schro.   The guy is a beast.

Ask LAL about do you not go after Kobe because you have Eddie Jones.

Sexton looks good but he is an undersized shooting guard ... he is not a natural playmaker and he has a suspect jump shot.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

(Hulk Hogan voice) "You got that right, brother!"

i'd make an allowance for misplaced thread topics if we could finally get a global mute button on the pro/anti tank talk. Seriously about to block some folks just for the sake of sanity. Geez.

but generally speaking I think that getting rid of Dennis would set the 'rebuild' back even further. Even if Sexton is a stud he is still going to have an adjustment period to the NBA. So would Donkey Itch  for that matter. (isn't that how Doncic is pronounced?). Hard to believe the front office is behind a decision like that given that revenues are almost certainly down substantially while they revamp the arena and the attendance is down during The Schlenk Suck era. I have been surprised before but we shall see I guess...

DO you pass up Kobe because you have Eddie Jones?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Sexton looks good but he is an undersized shooting guard ... he is not a natural playmaker and he has a suspect jump shot.  

OK Not enough serving size... but:

On the Season, he's shooting 55% from the field and 48% from three... with 4.4 assists per game. 

Against Minnesota, he scored 40 points and was 4-7 from 3.

• Premium Member

The Tide was forced to finish with only three players over the final 10-plus minutes after seven players were ejected for leaving the bench during an altercation at the 13:43 mark of the second half, which left five UA players on the court. Two minutes later, sophomore Dazon Ingram fouled out (11:37), and then freshman John Petty went down with an injury, leaving Alabama with three players over the final 10:41, trailing 67-56.

Alabama scored 55 points in the second half despite being shorthanded for a majority of it. Over the final 20 minutes, the Tide shot 53.3 percent (16-of-30) from the floor and 54.5 percent (6-of-11) from deep, but the Gophers were able to match that by going 53.1 percent (17-of-32) from the field and 50 percent (6-of-12) from beyond the arc in the final 20 minutes.

Sexton connected on 12-of-22 from the field, 4-of-7 from beyond the arc and went 12-of-16 from the charity stripe en route to his 40-point night. Norris finished with 13 points, while Smith ended with season bests of 10 points, eight rebounds and three blocked shots.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OK Not enough serving size... but:

On the Season, he's shooting 55% from the field and 48% from three... with 4.4 assists per game. 

Against Minnesota, he scored 40 points and was 4-7 from 3.

Admitted he scored 40 but and the effort was heroic but it was him and 2 bench warmers so he had to do the shooting ... that performance was amazing ... he carried that three man team and took it to Minny but it was a game built for his shooting guard mentality .... his games is kind of a Lou Williams type which isn't a bad thing ... its just that its a sg not a pg.  That wouldn't be the answer for us

• Like 2

• Moderators

For Baze, I think this offseason is too early to go after your max signing.  You need to make sure your foundation is in place or you can be punished badly for trying to move too fast like the Pelicans or Kings.