• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Back by popular demand... the trade of the day.

Let's get rid of Baze.

Schröder and Baze to Brooklyn for Lin and DMC.

I don't want the rest of Baze' contract as a distraction for the future.  He is what he is and that's not bad, but maybe Brooklyn will take a chance on him because he's young and he fits the mold of what they can play beside their young nucleus.  To sweeten the pot, Schro has to be added.   Why Isoschro... he isn't the PG of the future here. 

So what's the dieselputer say about the future is it Jeremy Lin?  No.. Lin is a placeholder.  Probably opts out at the end of the season.

The future is:

Collin Sexton.

This guy is a star.  He's from Atlanta.  He should be the guy that we target. 

As I look around and see Irving and Bledsoe and even Dragic.. I think that our answer is Sexton. 

Here's the rest of the deal.  Dedmon/#22 overall to Chicago or Cleveland so that we can move up and take Sexton.

If we can come out of this draft with Sexton and Doncic or Sexton and Bagley.. the future is bright. 

Alright while I agree with you about Sexton, this isn’t the way to go about getting him. To move up far enough to get him, assuming he doesn’t raise his stock, I would think it would take at least Dennis and 2 more firsts. Phoenix if they fall out of the top 5 makes sense, but I’d take Sexton in their situation.

Isn’t Schröder one of the most efficient ISO guys in the league? Why trade your 24 year old PG who’s putting up 20/7/3 and has improved every year?

So basically the future would be Sexton/Prince/Collins instead of potentially Schröder/Prince/Bagley/Collins?Hawks will not be good anytime soon with that awful trade.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

1. Sexton might move himself into the top 5 anyway, he was already projected top 10 by everyone, and everyone loves him for what he did in a crazy situation last weekend (in fact, I just saw a mock that has him top 5).

If you do this though, you're counting on a five year rebuild. Young PGs are just like Young QBs. Plus, Sexton isn't pass first either! 

2. I just LOVE the fact so much that you continue constantly trying to get rid of Dennis. I'm cool with Sexton over Dennis but please for the love of god, stop.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

you are missing the point, Kanter is just a cap filler and the knicks are the only realistic landing spot for Schröder right now.

The point is Dennis is worth more than a top 10 protected pick on a team projected to be a playoff roster this year (even more so if they get Dennis).  So from my end when I say Kanter isn't a draw to the deal I am saying that because the other piece would have to be something really good to consider a package with a likely 15-22 as the only draft pick.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This trade is awful. Why are so many low on Schröder? He's doing what we begged Teague to do for years which is attack the rim to force defenses to collapse? He might not be a superstar but he is a near all-star talent. I'm not giving him away just to get rid of Bazemore.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

He has his limitations as a floor general, but he can get to the cup with the best of them.

4 hours ago, rd79 said:

Who asked for that?

Fake news, yo. @Diesel might very well be working with the Russians, comrade. I nominate @MaceCase as special prosecutor.

but yea, there is no way this trade goes down. Far too few assets going out to make this likely.

and isn't there a trade ideas forum for stuff like this? Some sort of draft forum, maybe? rules 'round here don't just get tossed out tha window just because of an ongoing tankathon, amiright?

• Like 4