• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard's quote on tonight's game....

johnnyde

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Diesel is still 1 for 2 on players recently for the Hawks. 100% right about Dennis and 100% wrong on Dwight. If Dwight was such a real good player, why is it that the Hornets stink?

But since this cat is a know it all, he's still going to come call me out on that?

Mmmmmhmmmm ;)

I'll be the first to admit Dwight is having a much better season for Charlotte than I anticipated.  But I'd bet a pretty penny that if the draft by Curry and Lebron had continued, it would have been a long while before either picked Dwight.  His fans will always disagree but that's because they're emotionally attached to his douchery and hollow stats for some reason.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dwight's play isn't all hollow stats.  He still has a role and value.  It would have taken Bron and Curry a while to reach him, though.

He has a role when he isn't being used much in the post and is mostly a PNR guy and rim protector. Unfortunately for most teams, it didn't get through his thick head that he is not good for offenses in the post outside of smaller mismatches (and I don't mean smaller bigs, I mean smaller players, like smaller PFs or SF/SG/PGs).

Maybe it finally has in Charlotte. I don't watch them much, so I don't know. He hasn't been taking shots as much lately and they're doing better. IF he had the stats he had NOW and Charlotte was successful ALL SEASON, then you definitely have a point with him being in the All Star Game. But that's not the case.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He has a role when he isn't being used much in the post and is mostly a PNR guy and rim protector. Unfortunately for most teams, it didn't get through his thick head that he is not good for offenses in the post outside of smaller mismatches (and I don't mean smaller bigs, I mean smaller players, like smaller PFs or SF/SG/PGs).

Maybe it finally has in Charlotte. I don't watch them much, so I don't know. He hasn't been taking shots as much lately and they're doing better. IF he had the stats he had NOW and Charlotte was successful ALL SEASON, then you definitely have a point with him being in the All Star Game. But that's not the case.

He's shooting 55% from the field.   For the month of January he's shooting 58% at 16 ppg, 14 rpg. 

Image result for what more do you want from me gif

Dwight Howard is decent to good at all of the traditional big man things except for posting up as of now. If Clifford has beaten it into his head and he's only taking a couple post ups a game, and otherwise doing everything else, then congrats, we finally have a coach that has done it after several years.

Maybe I should go snoop in stats.nba since I can do it.

• Premium Member

AHF.  I'm starting a petition... 

My petition states that the Allstar game be changed to the Citizenship games. 

Because players getting snubbed are getting snubbed because of their team's record.  They're getting snubbed because they're not friendly with the media and with other players in the league.    Al Horford got into the "allstar game" because he's on a good team and people like him.   The same with Love.   People told us that the Allstar game is about more than what goes on when an individual plays on the court. 

Here's the thing:

The idea of holding an All-Star Game was conceived during a meeting between NBA President Maurice Podoloff, NBA publicity director Haskell Cohen and Boston Celtics owner Walter A. Brown. At that time, the basketball world had just been stunned by the college basketball point-shaving scandal.

In order to regain public attention to the league, Cohen suggested the league to host an exhibition game featuring the league's best players, similar to Major League Baseball's All-Star Game.[5] 

When did we stop sending the League's best players and start choosing the League's most liked players?  Citizenship game. 

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Maybe I should go snoop in stats.nba since I can do it.

Looks like I'm correct. Congrats Steve Clifford, as of right now, you've done what no other coach has been able to. Dwight in January has taken much more of a role playing role than the starring role and it's benefitting him and benefitting the team.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Looks like I'm correct. Congrats Steve Clifford, as of right now, you've done what no other coach has been able to. Dwight in January has taken much more of a role playing role than the starring role and it's benefitting him and benefitting the team.

No other coach?

I think you need to really examine the coaches in question.   You can't really say much bad about Orlando.   He was moved to LAL with Kobe.  He went to Houston and put up good numbers.  Then there was Us.  Now in LAL and here with us, we tried to fit him into an offense that went away from his strength.  Specifically here, we wanted another Al Horford and we paired him with a selfish PG. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No other coach?

I think you need to really examine the coaches in question.   You can't really say much bad about Orlando.   He was moved to LAL with Kobe.  He went to Houston and put up good numbers.  Then there was Us.  Now in LAL and here with us, we tried to fit him into an offense that went away from his strength.  Specifically here, we wanted another Al Horford and we paired him with a selfish PG. 

No other coach outside of Orlando. Sorry, but your boy absolutely STUNK from leaving Orlando until this January. Finally, he seems to be accepting that he is not a good back to the basket big anymore outside of certain situations and is playing to his strengths instead of hampering a team.

Took your boy several years to do it.

Congrats!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

AHF.  I'm starting a petition... 

My petition states that the Allstar game be changed to the Citizenship games. 

Because players getting snubbed are getting snubbed because of their team's record.  They're getting snubbed because they're not friendly with the media and with other players in the league.    Al Horford got into the "allstar game" because he's on a good team and people like him.   The same with Love.   People told us that the Allstar game is about more than what goes on when an individual plays on the court. 

Here's the thing:

When did we stop sending the League's best players and start choosing the League's most liked players?  Citizenship game. 

The All-Star game has always been a large part popularity but Horf is obviously better than Howard, IMO, because he is so much better on defense.  Horford improves every team in the league.  Howard needs a very specific fit.

Even if your petition was granted, though, Howard wouldn't make the game this season.  He isn't one of the 12 best players in the East or one of the 24 best in the league.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

No other coach outside of Orlando.

He posted his best shooting percentages, offensive and total rebounding rates, and lowest fouls of his career in Atlanta.  That’s his game in a nutshell.  Great job this season by D’Antoni notwithstanding, I wouldn’t compare any of his other coaches to Bud.

I saw a table somewhere that illustrated just how precipitous his drop off was from his peak after his back injury.  Arguably the most devastating injury in NBA history that didn’t end a career.  His springs and shoulders places him in the HOF easily but his team basketball IQ was always AAU level.

Edited by benhillboy

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

No other coach?

Al Horford took a Paul Millsap team to the ECF and a #1 seed and 60 wins. He's one of the best players in the NBA. Howard is just a washed up net negative at this stage of his career. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

The All-Star game has always been a large part popularity but Horf is obviously better than Howard, IMO, because he is so much better on defense.  Horford improves every team in the league.  Howard needs a very specific fit.

Even if your petition was granted, though, Howard wouldn't make the game this season.  He isn't one of the 12 best players in the East or one of the 24 best in the league.

Disagree.  Howard brings Block shots and Rebounds. 

• Premium Member
On 1/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, thecampster said:

The Hornets are 6-4 in their last 10 and putting it together. They are 4.5 games out of a playoff spot and nobody will want to play them if they make the playoffs. They are dangerous. Despite being 7 games under .500 they are +.1 in score differential. They are getting better and could be very good come playoff time. Early season was an adjustment period. If healthy, they are dangerous.

Hornets are 5.5 games out of the 8th seed and 6.5 games ahead of us. That isn’t much to celebrate about. When we played them it was 5 games both ways I believe. I think they can improve but there have been rumors of Kemba being on the block. Dwight has played well recently but I don’t see much leadership on that team.