• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The trade deadline is Here.

Diesel

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

If the Cavs gave us the pick and IT they would basically end up trading Kyre Irving for Dennis Schröder.  The GM would get destroyed.

I agree. We would have to send a couple of our other 1st round picks for them to even blink at such a offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

If the Cavs gave us the pick and IT they would basically end up trading Kyre Irving for Dennis Schröder.  The GM would get destroyed.

They already lost that trade. IT has been a disaster with CLE so far.

Plus we’d have to take back some of their bad contacts as well as giving them 1st round pick/Bazemore/Dedmon.

Edited by GThawks3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

They already lost that trade. IT has been a disaster with CLE so far.

Plus we’d have to take back some of their bad contacts as well as giving them 1st round pick/Bazemore/Dedmon.

It would be a huge gamble for them but you are getting closer to realistic with this one.  I still don't think they will move that pick for anything other than a big piece but Dennis, Baze & Dedmon plus a 1st while we take on their worst contracts would be something they would at least have to think about.

• Like 2

I don't think that it would really help them in the finals (of course) but Schröder has been ballin' versus Golden State. They can't defend him and he guarded Curry remarkably well over the past years.

....And he plays his best basketball in the POs.  (by far)

Edited by ISOJOE

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

But the Ship be Sinking in Cleveland. 

They will prolly lose IT for Nothing and lose James for nothing and not play for a championship. 

I think they may jump at something like Dennis/Baze for Love/IT   No picks exchanged just us taking their problems away and giving them a 3D player and a PG.. both of him will be there through their rebuild.  

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cleveland would be smart to keep their top 10 protection and the Brooklyn pick. Nothing is going to turn this season into a success for them so they should just prepare for life without LeBron.

Yep.  I think they know LeBron is gone after this season.

vor 1 Stunde, Diesel sagte:

But the Ship be Sinking in Cleveland. 

They will prolly lose IT for Nothing and lose James for nothing and not play for a championship. 

I think they may jump at something like Dennis/Baze for Love/IT   No picks exchanged just us taking their problems away and giving them a 3D player and a PG.. both of him will be there through their rebuild.  

That's an interesting thought and if Schlenk likes Love in terms of long-term fit this is more likely than the trades I suggested. Btw I wonder if Schlenk would be a savage and bought IT out immediately....

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

That's an interesting thought and if Schlenk likes Love in terms of long-term fit this is more likely than the trades I suggested. Btw I wonder if Schlenk would be a savage and bought IT out immediately....

No way would I buy him out if he might go rejoin Boston.  I'd negotiate with him on a buyout until after the deadline to be playoff eligible if we acquired him and his plan was to go there.

Just now, AHF sagte:

No way would I buy him out if he might go rejoin Boston.  I'd negotiate with him on a buyout until after the deadline to be playoff eligible if we acquired him and his plan was to go there.

You're right. It would be crazy to see how a top5 MVP candidate of the previous season gets bought out. That was my ulterior motive.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

You're right. It would be crazy to see how a top5 MVP candidate of the previous season gets bought out. That was my ulterior motive.

If we got him, I wouldn't mind buying him out as long as he agree he wouldn't go to one of Atlanta's rivals.  We aren't going to sign him this offseason and we wouldn't want him screwing up our record.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we got him, I wouldn't mind buying him out as long as he agree he wouldn't go to one of Atlanta's rivals.  We aren't going to sign him this offseason and we wouldn't want him screwing up our record.

Who cares where he goes after we buy him out?  That's his business.  We are on the tank train and IT would disrupt that... Our business is nailing these next two drafts.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Who cares where he goes after we buy him out?  That's his business.  We are on the tank train and IT would disrupt that... Our business is nailing these next two drafts.

I agree with your statement of our priorities.  He wouldn't play for me under any circumstance. 

The only question is when you cut him free and whether that is done via a buyout that saves the team some money or a straight cut that sends him to waivers and then free agency.  You have to negotiate over the buyout regardless so you have some time.  How big a cut is he willing to take to become a FA?  Assuming we couldn't flip him in a trade first, it is all a sunk cost so he gets sent home and you start negotiating the buyout.  If he doesn't come to terms the team likes on the buyout, then he gets cut after the deadline for being playoff eligible.  One of the terms I would want to see in the buyout is that he isn't going to sign on with the Celtics.  It would gall me too much to have the Celtics get him on a minimum deal.  I'd rather pay him to sit at home and then just flat cut him after the deadline unless IT was willing to give up enough salary to make it worth my while to let him out.