• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's fair to say the Hawks are a 3rd tier franchise. Clearly behind the Falcons, United, Braves and even the Dream

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Every win has cost us.   Can't imagine why people were ok with them unless they legit wanted to see the team finish as high as they could this year.  I totally give Northcyde, KB and others who think we are meaningfully better off winning 26 games than 20 a total pass on this.  For those who wanted to have the best odds to draft and the highest worst case scenario for the draft (i.e., worst case for #1 is #4 pick, worst case for #5 is the #8 pick, etc.) but who were cool beating people a month ago because we were so bad it wouldn't matter...this is why it matters.  Not everyone can tank as shamelessly as Memphis and that isn't a slam on Memphis.  If you are going to tank, you better do so successfully.  Half-a#$ing things is rarely good regardless of your strategy.  You pick your path and commit to it - not this crap.

:ahf:

Man, I just want Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Bamba or Porter Jr. Is that too much to ask for? :rumple:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Please stop with the Bud hate.  You should have blamed Brad Stevens for throwing out that terrible lineup.

What? Why are you singling me out..I didn't start this thread! I just want to make it clear to people confused about the direction management is going and it isn't trying to get the 4th-7th pick in the upcoming draft

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

What? Why are you singling me out..I didn't start this thread! I just want to make it clear to people confused about the direction management is going and it isn't trying to get the 4th-7th pick in the upcoming draft

Not singling you out, but it's a known fact you do not like Bud as the coach.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Every win has cost us.   Can't imagine why people were ok with them unless they legit wanted to see the team finish as high as they could this year.  I totally give Northcyde, KB and others who think we are meaningfully better off winning 26 games than 20 a total pass on this.  For those who wanted to have the best odds to draft and the highest worst case scenario for the draft (i.e., worst case for #1 is #4 pick, worst case for #5 is the #8 pick, etc.) but who were cool beating people a month ago because we were so bad it wouldn't matter...this is why it matters.  Not everyone can tank as shamelessly as Memphis and that isn't a slam on Memphis.  If you are going to tank, you better do so successfully.  Half-a#$ing things is rarely good regardless of your strategy.  You pick your path and commit to it - not this crap.

:ahf:

Tanking makes fans act in ways that are detrimental to fandom.  It makes you dislike success, even if you want the team to be successful in the long run.  That's why I can't embrace the tank.  It's not good for fan mental health.

• Like 2

I understand the frustration but I think Doncic was the real #1 Target and followed by Trae Young and Mikal Bridges.

Schlenk and staff likely likes someone who’s not predicted in the top 3 picks is my guess for the win.

• Like 2

I totally agree with this comment, they like somebody that isn't necessarily in the Top 3 right now, it's the only thing that makes sense.

But it was so stupid for the Hawks to be having so much fun with our starters beating the crap out of the Celtics scrubs.  Literally made me sick to watch.

Love Coach Bud screwing us on his way out the door to Milwaukee.  Damn drunk.

Pretty much looking for another team at this point.  Such through a whole season to flush it away by winning meaningless games.