• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks grant Budenholzer access to interview with the Suns

JTB

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Man I’m telling ya if Schlenk gets any of this shit right he’s doing. I will be so quick to give him props and say I was wrong and I promised myself and this board not to place any judgment on schlenk until after the draft .

i wasn’t necessarily pro tank but I understood why he wanted to give it a try. But this latest news with Bud being granted permission basically means he’s gone and with that Schlenk has taken a dive on what I think about him as a gm...I think he may be the worst thing to happen to the hawks and I really mean that .

i do not think he’s good at his job ! Hell he even tanked wrong.

6 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

I’m going to enjoy watching you try to mash all your prior reasoning into this.  You know, the stuff you said about how FA want to join a winning culture, and Bud wanting to join a winner, and how PHX, a team you have used as a poster child for why “tanking doesn’t work” is now “in a great position” because of the cap space and talent they have due to tanking.  Lol.  LOL.  

He’s a great poster but he wants to use this as a “I told you so” but he knows though he may be right about bud leaving it’s certainly not because he wanted to go to a winning culture.

23 minutes ago, Guard said:

Bud being interested in the Suns shows I’m not crazy in thinking Phoenix can turn things around real quickly. He won’t be the only coach interested. Hell, Kidd was lobbying for the job months ago.

This is what happens when you build an intriguing core and have assets to get better with. Coaches can read the tea leaves. 

But they've been out of the playoffs for 8 years.   You want to go on an 8 year run "building an intriguing core", and not be relevant at all as a playoff team?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Now I got two teams to choose from . . .

Image result for mark jackson

Geeeeezzzzzz....ya know I don’t even dislike Mark Jackson as a person. I don’t know him of course but I respect a lot of the things he says publicly but as s coach I just can’t get behind him there.

defensively he’s a winner...offensively a head scratcher 

...another woody as a coach to put it short.

Edited by JTB

First I was wondering why this is happening but when I started thinking about it alittle bit, it might make some sense.

If the Suns is willing to give up the 16th and future picks or players, it gives the Hawks four picks in the first round (#4, 16, 19, 30) maybe more and with the ability to move up and down the draft  plus he can bring his own guy here (not Mark Jackson)

Plus it will be good for Coach Bud to go back home and having the #1, Booker and a lot of cap space to make some noise in the west.  

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Geeeeezzzzzz....ya know I don’t even dislike Mark Jackson as a person. I don’t know him of course but I respect a lot of the things he says publicly but as s coach I just can’t get behind him there.

defensively he’s a winner...offensively a head scratcher 

...another woody as a coach to put it short.

This description is probably accurate.   Curry loved that dude though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He had a good year 1 draft but year 2 is critical. Maybe Bud will be back, maybe he won't. We will see

I hope you’re right! I hope he extends bud but I’m not banking on it.

im trying to find out who Schlenk may have on his list of coaches.

i think Mark Jackson is obvious followed by and goodness I really hate this one Jarron Collins.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

He’s a great poster but he wants to use this as a “I told you so” but he knows though he may be right about bud leaving it’s certainly not because he wanted to go to a winning culture.

The KB schtick is old.  I told you so holds no water when a coach like Bud wants so much say in personnel but sucked when doing so.  Bud the GM is just as much to blame as Schlenk is for having to gut that travesty of playoff team.  KB can't admit it but so  be it.  

Love Bud the coach but if we get another lottery pick and a decent coach wants to be here, let's get it!

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man I’m telling ya if Schlenk gets any of this shit right he’s doing. I will be so quick to give him props and say I was wrong and I promised myself and this board not to place any judgment on schlenk until after the draft .

i wasn’t necessarily pro tank but I understood why he wanted to give it a try. But this latest news with Bud being granted permission basically means he’s gone and with that Schlenk has taken a dive on what I think about him as a gm...I think he may be the worst thing to happen to the hawks and I really mean that .

i do not think he’s good at his job ! Hell he even tanked wrong.

But you have to remember the years that Schlenk was in Golden State, they never had the #1 pick at all.

Right now, you have to have faith in him besides remember that everybody was hating GS for all of the dumb picks but now they have the toast of the town.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is not good news. Looking at it many ways, Schlenk tells Bud he can interview and maybe he realizes he wants to stays here? Don’t forget he was with the Spurs for a long time and didn’t move on until he found the right situation. Maybe he just needs to explore options to see what is there.

The other side is he lost a lot of power and might feel uncomfortable here. Sometimes you need a fresh start as an employee. Phoenix is weird because it’s not a better job on paper, but if he’s from there he may have his reasons to go home. He’s already tanked this year, so “another five years of guaranteed losing” with another team won’t be too bad, I guess.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This description is probably accurate.   Curry loved that dude though.

Yeah I think he’s a very good player coach and he says all the right things in the media. 

Even kerr said he never changed his defense when he took over for Jackson so the good defense the warriors show is actually all props to Mark but EVERYONE knows Mark lost his job to Kerr because of his offensive coaching.

dont get me wrong I know that the owner also stated he had a bad relationship in the organization with a lot of people but ultimately the warriors front office felt like more could be displayed from curry and Klay and the rest of the team....and hey the front office got it right and made the right decision.

if we do happen to land Jackson as our next coach let’s just hope like hell that he’s learned that player and ball movement is key and scratch all that isolation shit!

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

This is not good news. Looking at it many ways, Schlenk tells Bud he can interview and maybe he realizes he wants to stays here? Don’t forget he was with the Spurs for a long time and didn’t move on until he found the right situation. Maybe he just needs to explore options to see what is there.

The other side is he lost a lot of power and might feel uncomfortable here. Sometimes you need a fresh start as an employee. Phoenix is weird because it’s not a better job on paper, but if he’s from there he may have his reasons to go home. He’s already tanked this year, so “another five years of guaranteed losing” with another team won’t be too bad, I guess.

So the best thing for him is to be home when KB clearly states it takes 5-10 years to get back in contention?  He'll just be losing closer to home.  Awesome.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But they've been out of the playoffs for 8 years.   You want to go on an 8 year run "building an intriguing core", and not be relevant at all as a playoff team?

Booker/Jackson/ Warren + Draft picks(Including high draft pick)+ plenty of capspace. 

Phoenix situation isnt drastic. There is upside there and their GM has made it known they’re  going to be aggressive in the offseason. It also doesn’t hurt to have family in the area. Bud being interested makes a lot of sense to me. Also, don’t be surprised if he’s still interested in having more power. Phoenix could also give him that. 

Edited by Guard