• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

2 hours ago, noble said:

You can have a winning culture and not get free agents to get you over the hump to be a championship contender too. I think we all know a team like that.

Well, now the Hawks have a losing culture because they have allowed accepted losing to enter the building, and you are going to get to see first hand, once again, how difficult it is to overcome a losing culture.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, noble said:

A losing culture? Dog, it's been 10 years of playoffs and now only 15 games into a rebuild season. I'm not saying next year we are championship bound or anything, but wow.

Yes.  A losing culture.  We now have what we had from 1999-2007, which was just pure misery.  And its going to take that long to become relevant again.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  A losing culture.  We now have what we had from 1999-2007, which was just pure misery.  And its going to take that long to become relevant again.  

It will take 8 years to be relevant again based on what? Just because you’re mad they’re tanking? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

All time NBA playoff appearances:

1) Los Angeles Lakers - 60
2) Boston Celtics - 54
3) Philadelphia 76ers - 47
4) YOUR Atlanta Hawks! - 46

Image result for gas on the fire gif

It should be noted that this also covers the St. Louis Hawks/Milwaukee Hawks/Tri City Hawks.  I would point out that 36% of the Hawks playoffless seasons came when they decided to blow a good 1998 team up and the aftermath that occurred after that.  

6 minutes ago, Wretch said:

hawks_moved.png

Since 1968?

1) Los Angeles Lakers - 41
2) San Antonio Spurs - 37
3) Boston Celtics - 35
4) AND YOUR ATLANTA HAWKS! - 33

Image result for gas on the fire gif

Dang.  So it's even worse.  When they blew up that 1998 team, the aftermath accounted for 50% of the total seasons they missed the playoffs.   Yet, here we are.  Doing it again.

giphy.gif

Edited by KB21
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dang.  So it's even worse.  When they blew up that 1998 team, the aftermath accounted for 50% of the total seasons they missed the playoffs.   Yet, here we are.  Doing it again.

giphy.gif

You're absolutely right. Clearly, prolonging our postseason streak and adding to our already impressive total of playoff berths is the way to establishing a winning culture.  *salute*

LOL.  I'm out.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If only could you trade in token playoff appearances for one actual title. Like 10 playoff trips = one title. It works in games. Trade in copper and silver for gold. Why not the NBA? Maybe then the pursuit of playoff mediocrity would have ANY F'ING MEANING WHATSOEVER.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Only 1 team wins a championship in a given year, and to do that, you have to actually be a playoff team.  You don't win championship by accepting losing and playing the lottery game year after year.

Well we made the playoffs 10 straight years and didn’t sniff a chamipionship. Let’s see what the lottery gets us. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Well we made the playoffs 10 straight years and didn’t sniff a chamipionship. Let’s see what the lottery gets us. 

I've told you what the lottery is going to get you.  It is going to get you at least 5 years of losing.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I've told you what the lottery is going to get you.  It is going to get you at least 5 years of losing.

It depends on who we get. We already have Schröder, Prince and Collins...I like that trio going forward. If we can get hit on the draft/free agency we will be back in the playoffs in 2-3 years imo. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

It depends on who we get. We already have Schröder, Prince and Collins...I like that trio going forward. If we can get hit on the draft/free agency we will be back in the playoffs in 2-3 years imo. 

I swear to God I didn’t create a 2nd account :afro:

• Like 3