• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Several of us have been around for many years.   We are definitely headed down the path of lean years.  

What do you think about the franchise now and in the past.  

Not sure I agree with the lean years theory especially if we retain Dedmon while Schröder, Prince Collins and Dorsey continue to improve.  We would be close to a .500 team this year if we wanted to be.  But its apparent that Bud is a part of the tank process too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not sure I agree with the lean years theory especially if we retain Dedmon while Schröder, Prince Collins and Dorsey continue to improve.  We would be close to a .500 team this year if we wanted to be.  But its apparent that Bud is a part of the tank process too.

I'm sorry but name 10 teams with less talent than the hawks. If we are a .500 team it is because bud is that good a coach.

• Premium Member
Just now, davis171 said:

So you really think that the Hawks are on par with the Heat. Dragic or Whiteside would walk into Atlanta and be our best player.

If you can put the ball in the hoop at the NBA level efficiently then to me, that is what decides games not so called "Talent"

• Premium Member
Just now, davis171 said:

Well Schröder shoots under 30% from 3 is that what you call efficient? 

Exactly so he shouldn't be shooting that shot as much as he does especially when the rest of his game is super efficient.  Which make me think that he is in on the tank

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Exactly so he shouldn't be shooting that shot as much as he does especially when the rest of his game is super efficient.  Which make me think that he is in on the tank

Oh come on. I think he maybe leaving something to be desired but I also think part of it is due to him knowing this team wasn't going anywhere. The hawks may even draft his replacement I doubt he is intentionally losing games. In fact he was available for trade at the deadline and nobody wanted him. 

Edited by davis171

I don't see us having consecutive lean years That is why many of us want us to be to really bad this year because we won't have to be long. While I am not sold on Schenk just yet,  but we have one of the best coaches in the league and they can get talent. We got solid young players and if we keep Dedmon or upgrade his position we are on scorer away from being a playoff team. I still don't see us attracting top free agents. We have to retain a good ratio of young players to vets because you don't want to be too young.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I just hope we can get our first  superstar since Nique this year.

That's really all I care about. Get a superstar first and go from there. Not getting the Draft right was one of the biggest reasons why the previous rebuild resulted in mediocrity.

• Like 2

• Moderators

FYI, I'm merging the "Old Time Hawks Fans" thread into "The tank thread". But I'll note that, for those Squawkers who have posted at least 500 times, there's a Senior Members subforum where you may be able to raise broader, less tank-specific topics, at least among the longer-tenured posters, if not the older/more wistful ones.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/35-hawksquawk-senior-members/

~lw3

9 hours ago, High5 said:

If we come out of this draft with a great player then we're in an excellent position. If we whiff then things get a lot harder. 

Agreed HIGH5....if we can get a real good player- not a LeBron but a real good player - then weed out some of the chaff playing this year and grab a couple other good players one way or the other, we should be able to get back in the mix in the E. Conference in a year (or two).

If we whiff we will be back at square one again.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Wretch said:

History is repeating itself in the commentary...  I hope our actions on the court (and the panning of our eventual lottery pick) don’t follow suit.

LOL Wretch....when I first read this post I thought you wrote "History is repeating itself in the cemetery"  :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 3:58 PM, CBAreject said:

You know very well that the Sixers aren’t maxed out with 45 wins.  As has already been mentioned, I’m talking about a mediocre 44-win team of veterans with no cap and no draft prospects—remember last year’s team?  That team actually epitomized the Hawks of the last 25 years.

Pete Babcock tried to build that sort of team repeatedly.   Even when we ended up in the lottery it was because his experiment of trading an aging core for younger mediocre players failed so badly.  There was a point when our best player was Jason Terry and all anybody could talk about was adding Austin Croshere with our cap room.  All of these efforts to win now and blow our draft capital and cap room on mediocrity begets mediocrity.  I’m quite sick of it.

Fine.  Here's to the next four years of crap.  Augh, who am I kidding?  More like 7 to 10 years of crap.

Edited by Watchman