• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't change the FACTS - TANK 2018 IS Over.

2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

Now you know what we have been going thru for an entire year.  This is why I am glad you are back because we are all exhausted trying to fight off these trolls! LOL!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Now you know what we have been going thru for an entire year.  This is why I am glad you are back because we are all exhausted trying to fight off these trolls! LOL!

I tried reading the entire 184 pages but stopped at about 11, then jumped to 53, same thing, hightailed it into the 150's...now I'm here at 184.:biggrin:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

5 years of misery just to get ousted in the 2nd round.

Tanking doesn't work.

And now the Hawks are going to hire their head coach from this pathetic organization.

So that’s just it ? They’ll never get better ? Their best players are 1st and  2nd year players. Cmon man. Just swallow your pride already you sound ridiculous. These young guys made it to the 2nd rd and lost to a very well coached, deep, and talented Celtics team. Not only that..it’s clear the edge in this series was NOT talent, but experience.

• Like 3

Just now, EazyRoc said:

So that’s just it ? They’ll never get better ? Their best players are 1st and  2nd year players. Cmon man. Just swallow your pride already you sound ridiculous. These young guys made it to the 2nd rd and lost to a very well coached, deep, and talented Celtics team. Not only that..it’s clear the edge in this series was NOT talent, but experience.

Actually, Simmons is not a 1st year player, and Embiid is not a 2nd year player.  Embiid was drafted in 2014, and while he hasn't even played a full season's worth of games in his career, he has been in the league and already has a second contract.  Simmons is a 2nd year player who was with the team last year even if injured.  

Even then, you are still talking about a "process" that netted 253 losses over a 4 year period and only has two players to show for it.  Now if you want to act like this process started 2 years ago, then I don't know what to tell you.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Actually, Simmons is not a 1st year player, and Embiid is not a 2nd year player.  Embiid was drafted in 2014, and while he hasn't even played a full season's worth of games in his career, he has been in the league and already has a second contract.  Simmons is a 2nd year player who was with the team last year even if injured.  

Even then, you are still talking about a "process" that netted 253 losses over a 4 year period and only has two players to show for it.  Now if you want to act like this process started 2 years ago, then I don't know what to tell you.  

Semantics. Embiid was a rookie in 2017 and Simmons is the rookie of the year this year. If it wasn’t for injuries, they’d probably arrived here sooner. Now they are primed to be title contenders for the next 5 years. They are literally ONE lead dog (PG-13 or otherwise) from being legitimate contenders with young pieces to leverage in trades.

P.S. Those 2 players are looking like shoe-ins to be Top 10 players over the next 5-7 seasons. Talent matters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Semantics. Embiid was a rookie in 2017 and Simmons is the rookie of the year this year. If it wasn’t for injuries, they’d probably arrived here sooner. Now they are primed to be title contenders for the next 5 years. They are literally ONE lead dog (PG-13 or otherwise) from being legitimate contenders with young pieces to leverage in trades.

P.S. Those 2 players are looking like shoe-ins to be Top 10 players over the next 5-7 seasons. Talent matters.

253 losses, the most in the NBA over that period of time by far.  

Two hundred and fifty three

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah but now you have to deal with me. :cool:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AHF said:

So after being wrong about their regular season record, wrong about your preseason prediction of them missing the playoffs when they got the 3 seed, wrong about your late season prediction saying they wouldn't win 50, wrong about saying they would get "run out" of the first round of a playoff series they won handily, you were finally right about them losing to the #2 seed.  Congrats on your bid for 2018 Nostradamus!

Quoting this just so these words would post again in this thread. I’ll probably do it again in a few days. Because salty.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

They were in their 1st Playoffs either way... Shaq and Penny got swept in their 1st playoff series....smh. 

Edited by terrell

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

5 years of misery just to get ousted in the 2nd round.

Tanking doesn't work.

And now the Hawks are going to hire their head coach from this pathetic organization.

Not really 5 years of misery. Most of the actual Philly fans I know were excited as much as 2/3 seasons ago since they knew what the potential was going to be with Embiid. Even now, I think I'm more excited about the Hawks than I have been since the 60 win season. Don't make it out like everyone is miserable bro. 

• Like 1