• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If BIG IF, If Bud leaves and we are well compensated, who should we bring in

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

For the record, I was hoping that Bud and the GM could work together. It seems that is not the case if Woj's report is in fact about the Hawks.

Actually, that report was referring to an owner chewing out his coach over meaningless wins. So Schlenk isn't involved.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Actually, that report was referring to an owner chewing out his coach over meaningless wins. So Schlenk isn't involved.

I know the report was about the owner. The owner isn't yelling at the coach without the GM being involved.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I know the report was about the owner. The owner isn't yelling at the coach without the GM being involved.

After reading Chris Viv comments in the other thread (and I know he’s not the best but what he said makes sense) ....I believe ressler and bud has the “beef” not schlenk and bud.

• Like 1

What about Jason Kidd?  Seems he was well liked by Giannis.  Definitely could be good for helping develop Dennis or any other young PG.  

Also, let's not forget it was Mark Jackson who coached the Warriors right before Kerr so there are ties to Schlenk possibly there. 

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

What about Jason Kidd?  Seems he was well liked by Giannis.  Definitely could be good for helping develop Dennis or any other young PG.  

Also, let's not forget it was Mark Jackson who coached the Warriors right before Kerr so there are ties to Schlenk possibly there. 

Neither one of them can coach worth a flip.

23 minutes ago, DBac said:

Stephen Silas or one of the guys already on the Hawks payroll if I had to put money on it. Maybe if Schlenk likes Doncic enough he’ll try to get that Igor cat 

The assistants might rather follow Bud than stay on, particularly if Ressler dressed down Bud for winning a game.

I thought Sam Mitchell did a good job in his previous stops as a head coach. I think he develops players pretty well and knows when to be firm. I enjoy his commentary on basketball and her clearly knows the game. Not sure he would take over our dumpster fire though. 

5 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I thought Sam Mitchell did a good job in his previous stops as a head coach. I think he develops players pretty well and knows when to be firm. I enjoy his commentary on basketball and her clearly knows the game. Not sure he would take over our dumpster fire though. 

Sam is another one of those Mark Jackson’s man but without the defense reputation. I agree he speaks well just like Mark Jackson publicly and I enjoy listening to him on nba radio from time to time. He typically says all the right stuff...just like Mark Jackson BUT I just don’t believe he’s a good coach.

i like Mark and I like Sam but I just don’t see either of them as good overall coaches. I think they’re great player coaches probably more so than even bud as far as player coaches but I do not see the development or quality offensive game planning out of either of them.

if we do get them I just hope they bring a offensive game plan with them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

In sad news, Gregg Popovich's wife passed away today.  I'm curious to see how this makes him look at his future at this point.  

If I'm Bud, I'm waiting on that job to open up.

I always figured that would be the job that would lure him away.

Y'all crack me up. Saying no one wants to go to a tank job. Yet Phoenix had the worst record in the league and Bud is interviewing for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Sam is another one of those Mark Jackson’s man but without the defense reputation. I agree he speaks well just like Mark Jackson publicly and I enjoy listening to him on nba radio from time to time. He typically says all the right stuff...just like Mark Jackson BUT I just don’t believe he’s a good coach.

i like Mark and I like Sam but I just don’t see either of them as good overall coaches. I think they’re great player coaches probably more so than even bud as far as player coaches but I do not see the development or quality offensive game planning out of either of them.

if we do get them I just hope they bring a offensive game plan with them.

How do people get the idea that Mark Jackson isn’t a PHENOMENAL coach ? He just rubbed the more liberal management of the Warriors because he was bringing his Christian ideals to work. Dude is the reason Golden State really became winners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Why ? He literally built the championship Warriors up.

I'm a Hawks fan, but I live here in the Bay Area. Just ask any Warriors fan who watched Jackson's archaic offensive system on a daily basis. They would tell you that Jackson single-handedly PREVENTED them from becoming a championship team.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, parfait said:

I'm a Hawks fan, but I live here in the Bay Area. Just ask any Warriors fan who watched Jackson's archaic offensive system on a daily basis. They would tell you that Jackson single-handedly PREVENTED them from becoming a championship team.

Yeah you’re right but let’s not pretend he didn’t completely turn them around defensively.

• Like 1