• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Did you actually expect a quality candidate to seriously consider a guaranteed losing situation?  The next coach will be the guy who takes the fall for all the losing this team is going to do over the next 4 years.

You called it 100% correctly.  People really can't say anything to you now.  We just have to hope that the player we get in this draft is a transcendent talent, and that the current players on this team RAPIDLY develop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's why they're letting him go for little or nothing.   I tried to tell some of you that some of their decisions are strictly financial.  Did we even get a 2nd round pick?

SMH.

Actually, he’s getting all that money.  There will be some offset when he signs with his new team, but the Hawks have in effect fired him.  

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I tried to tell some of you that some of their decisions are strictly financial.

Well, it IS a business, so some of their decisions are going to be financial. Naturally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You called it 100% correctly.  People really can't say anything to you now.

You mean the part where he said Bud was going to Phoenix and would increase their win total by 20 in a single season? I 100% can’t wait to see that...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Bud didn't screw us, the idiot's of ressler and sclenk did.  They will blow the draft too. 

What do you base this draft prediction on? Schlenk nailed his first Hawks draft, and most of the ones with the Warriors too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yall acting like Bud is Popovich or Phil Jackson. lol..There are other good coaches out there just waiting for an opportunity..Who thought Quin Snyder, Brad Stevens, etc.... would be as good as they are in the NBA?   

Actually . . . everybody.

Quin and Brad were proven college coaches.  Brad was the superstar college coach in waiting.  Quin got a little international experience after his college and NBA assistant stints.  That helped him get the job here, and next in Utah as their top guy.

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Having Bud around for player development and an effective system was one thing that gave me confidence about this rebuild going smoothly. Things definitely get a little dicier now. But maybe the next guy (or gal with Becky Hammon around) will know what they're doing. I came to terms with Bud leaving as soon as he was given permission to interview with Phoenix so I'm not too distraught by the news. I'm more bummed about not getting any compensation. 

I'm almost hoping that they do something groundbreaking, and give Becky a shot.  At least if she loses, she won't be judged as harshly as a more experienced assistant coach.  Draft Trae Young, and let Becky get in his ass when he starts pouting about how rough people are playing him.  Becky won't be there to console him.  She'll tell him to "man up".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Me thinks 95% of the board owes you a huge apology. Consider this my KB21 told you so to the board.

Bud botched the roster and then bailed. He never liked playing youngsters and refused to do so moving forward. He's the only one who owes any apologies.

49 minutes ago, hazer said:

Losing Bud does make the 3-year timeframe more challenging, but I’m standing by that. With this latest development, 4 years wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. Still sticking with 3rd year back to 8th seed though.

Outline what has to happen for the Hawks to get back to the playoffs in 3 years?

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Why does someone have to be a liar? Here’s the thing...you were right if that’s what you want to hear about bud not being onboard with the tank but the part you continue to miss is that the hawks front office is in control of the tank and they could have kept his ass here to finish out these two year wether bud like it or not.

but they decided to let him go which we both agree was stupid but the point is on board or not bud could have been apart of this process for 2 more seasons and there would have been nothing he could do about it.

Clearly Bud was bitching and moaning at every opportunity. It's tough to keep that around.

22 minutes ago, hazer said:

Well, it IS a business, so some of their decisions are going to be financial. Naturally.

This team has operated on "the cheap" for years.  The Dwight deal was actually an indication that they might just be changing their mindset.  But once the Tank Commander came on, we're back to being on a G-League budget.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hazer said:

You mean the part where he said Bud was going to Phoenix and would increase their win total by 20 in a single season? I 100% can’t wait to see that...

Just specifically talking about Bud not being down with the tank.  And if we lost him, that we'll be looking at an assistant we can pay on the cheap, and not an established coach.  He was dead on the money in that aspect.

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Actually, he’s getting all that money.  There will be some offset when he signs with his new team, but the Hawks have in effect fired him.  

The company Bud works for decided to change product lines based on market conditions. Employee Bud complained incessantly, without trying to understand the market, stating that he does not like this new product line. Employee Bud complained regularly about the new direction of the company, at times displaying insubordinate behavior, and created a hostile work environment. As a result, management was forced to capitulate to Employee Bud's disruptive behavior and agree to a separation.

Bud was clearly not a company man. He forced his way out. He was in no way fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks are years away from competing.  This team doesn't have good players on it thanks to this dipshit GM they have hired.  There may be two players on this team that will actually be a part of this team when it is good again, and it wouldn't surprise me if none of the players on this team actually see a second contract with the team.  They are no where near being Miami, and after the free agency season this offseason, there will be no question which team has the worst roster in basketball.  It will be the Hawks, because they aren't going to sign anyone significant that can help them win.  There will be no Derrick Favors signing.  There will be no Marcus Smart signing.  They will not hire a legitimate head coach.  This team will not even reach 20 wins in the 2018-2019 season.  

God help the team that sinks money into Marcus Smart!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just specifically talking about Bud not being down with the tank.  And if we lost him, that we'll be looking at an assistant we can pay on the cheap, and not an established coach.  He was dead on the money in that aspect.

You don't hire an established coach to finish off the last couple of years of a rebuild. You hire a Brett Brown type and then reap the rewards once the roster has ripened.

• Like 1

I hate to say it but I was right. I said no one was going to trade for Bud. Others actually thought we were going fetch a 1st. I also said he was as good as gone trade or not, others said he would return if a trade could not be consummated. No employed head coach openly campaigning for another job is coming back. That bridge is burned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Outline what has to happen for the Hawks to get back to the playoffs in 3 years?

Well I discussed this in another post but basically there will/should be a total of 5 new 1st round picks on the roster at the start of the 2019 season. We should also have about $40 million in cap space and an expiring asset in Baze.  That's a lot of young talent and lots of room for 2 free agents to pair with Dennis/Collins and company.  Now to get them to hold on to/develop our current youngsters and actually spend the money well, that's a different story.

• Like 1