• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

1 minute ago, hazer said:

He just may end up landing there, against my prediction, because it’s all that’s left. Albeit a better job than the Suns and Knicks jobs he sought, since he wanted to go home to AZ or be in the big lights of NYC like I was saying. I also thought Spurs were a natural destination if Pop retired, of course. 

He didn't pursue the Suns job.  He pulled his name out of the running.  He also didn't "pursue" the Knicks job.  It's more likely that he has had contact with Milwaukee and has already discussed contract parameters with them, and because of this, he pulled his name out of the Knicks running.

But you can continue on with the unjustified Bud hate.

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Interesting that Udoka and Borrega of San Antonio were confirmed early on as planned interviewees, but they didn't end up getting interviewed. Could Bud have bad-mouthed the organization to his Spurs brethren?

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He didn't pursue the Suns job.  He pulled his name out of the running.  He also didn't "pursue" the Knicks job.  It's more likely that he has had contact with Milwaukee and has already discussed contract parameters with them, and because of this, he pulled his name out of the Knicks running.

It has indeed been widely reported that Bud had a negative experience at his Phoenix interview and decided against pursuing the position.

But, what are your sources for saying that Bud didn't pursue the Knicks job and pulled out of the running? I just didn't see this reported anywhere. If anything, there was Marc Berman's piece saying that Bud badly wanted the Knicks job.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, parfait said:

Interesting that Udoka and Borrega of San Antonio were confirmed early on as planned interviewees, but they didn't end up getting interviewed. Could Bud have bad-mouthed the organization to his Spurs brethren?

That's unlikely since Darvin Ham interviewed for the job.

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, the candidates for the Hawks job are: Jay Larranaga, Nate Tibbetts, Darvin Ham, Stephen Silas, Lloyd Pierce, and Jarron Collins.

The only coach in this group that has drawn interest from other teams is Jay Larranaga, who is one of two finalists for the Charlotte job.  

Larranaga and Pierce intrigue me the most from this list, with Tibbets as third choice.

Larranaga has a nice pedigree with his dad Jim, his experience working with Brad Stevens, and his player development background.

Pierce also has extensive player development experience, has worked for two analytics-based organizations in Memphis (under John Hollinger) and Philly, and he's even gotten kudos from LeBron from his time as player development coach in Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's unlikely since Darvin Ham interviewed for the job.

Good point, although Ham is in a slightly different situation, as he is in danger of being unemployed if someone else gets the head job and doesn't retain him.

It's really sad that we had Bud, one of the best coaches in the NBA, and these 6 our the ones we are choosing from to replace him.  No matter who they hire, it is going to be a tremendous downgrade.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's really sad that we had Bud, one of the best coaches in the NBA, and these 6 our the ones we are choosing from to replace him.  No matter who they hire, it is going to be a tremendous downgrade.

Short term, maybe. Long term, no clue. Coaches develop and without question, I would like to see some of our coaches on the current staff retained. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, parfait said:

It has indeed been widely reported that Bud had a negative experience at his Phoenix interview and decided against pursuing the position.

But, what are your sources for saying that Bud didn't pursue the Knicks job and pulled out of the running? I just didn't see this reported anywhere. If anything, there was Marc Berman's piece saying that Bud badly wanted the Knicks job.

He has no sources. Hence why he ignored the question. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

“Okay.” ~ Jimmy Conway

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

He has no sources. Hence why he ignored the question. lol

Dude reaches for the funniest conclusion imaginable.  Funny all of the "Bud didn't want" the job posts.  Truth is that Bud is a good coach with warts.  The new coach will have his too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Saying Bud isn't a good coach is crazy but he just quit on this team and fan base so I don't blame anyone in the fan base who attacks him.

The fan base should be more upset at Travis Schlenk for firing him.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Saying Bud isn't a good coach is crazy but he just quit on this team and fan base so I don't blame anyone in the fan base who attacks him.

That’s me, liked Pud and thought he was a good coach. But now, like Whorefart, he’s dead to me for the way he handled it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The fan base should be more upset at Travis Schlenk for firing him.

Who the f cares anymore? I sure as hell dont. Bud is gone.......................................Hell,  shouldnt you be happy he left this horrible organization? Why are you still complaining?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Dude reaches for the funniest conclusion imaginable.  Funny all of the "Bud didn't want" the job posts

Exactly why I “Okay” Jimmy Conway/Goodfellas his horse$hit, don’t have time for it...