• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Red Mamba is no Kyle Korver.

Brotha2ThaNite

2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I dont know but his ball skills look pretty good. What do you all think?

I think this is my favorite of the picks we made. 3 level scorer that can finish with both hands around the basket.  Average first step better than Doncic's first step though. Shoots it well enough where he'll be able to get guys too close out hard on him allowing him to get by defenders in the NBA. He's going to be a legit close  to 40% 3 point shooter. He's actually pretty athletic even though his first step is just ok. I think he had a 40 inch vertical at the combine and tested well athletically. 

I think he will end up being a pretty good defender. Moves his feet very well and sits down in his stance. He doesn't have elite length, but true good defenders play defense with their feet and positioning anyway. Length helps you when your beat and challenge shots better when you're late. His leaping ability will help. I would have only taken Jerome Robinson over him at 19.

Here's some good defensive video of him. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I like having size at the SG position.  6'7" and he'll beef up from that 190 lbs he's at now.  I can't stand small-ball backcourts.  He can shoot, pass, and seems to have good awareness, court vision, and BBIQ.  Seems Bud Ball is still very much alive even though he isn't around anymore.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I like having size at the SG position.  6'7" and he'll beef up from that 190 lbs he's at now.  I can't stand small-ball backcourts.  He can shoot, pass, and seems to have good awareness, court vision, and BBIQ.  Seems Bud Ball is still very much alive even though he isn't around anymore.

Maybe because in 2016 he was 6'5" and was a PG.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

The entire NBA has basically gone to some variation of pace and space.  Bud doesn't have a patent on that, but I agree, he would be the type of player to work well in Bud's system.  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, DrReality said:

That’s evident in how he is aggressive with the ball.  I’m pleasantly surprised at his ball handling. I thought he was just a shooter. 

Yeah, that's what ESPN was saying.  They said that he can't take more than 2 dribble but then I watched his tape and was like, what are they talking about.  He is the total opposite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah, that's what ESPN was saying.  They said that he can't take more than 2 dribble but then I watched his tape and was like, what are they talking about.  He is the total opposite.

Yeah..half the "experts" are literally wrong about a lot of these players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Huerter will be better than Doncic when it's all said and done

We can only hope this is true. I do like the value of the pick at 19 though. I wanted Dante, but Red Mamba was a close second.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Bold prediction. I like it. The fans will fall in love with Huerter and Spellman by the All Star break. These guys are real deal players.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

That was going be my bold statement, but you beat me too it. I'll throw a little gasoline on the fire though. I think he'll be better more complete player than Trae too. 

• Like 1