• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Red Mamba is no Kyle Korver.

Brotha2ThaNite

“The Huert” has some serious handles. And that shot, damn son. He will be better than 3zus. Better than My-Name-Is-Luka? Doubt that, but wouldn’t it be the sweetest tab-coup if he turns out anywhere close to Heywood, at 19th?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hazer said:

“The Huert” has some serious handles. And that shot, damn son. He will be better than 3zus. Better than My-Name-Is-Luka? Doubt that, but wouldn’t it be the sweetest tab-coup if he turns out anywhere close to Heywood, at 19th?

The Huert locker... 

im an improver I’m not an idea man-Larry David

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Huert locker... 

im an improver I’m not an idea man-Larry David

Nice.  Like you, I'm an 'idea guy'.  Leave the eggsecuting to you other clowns.

Speaking of which, whycome there ain't no Spellman thread.  He's a 1st too.  Any thoughts?

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Speaking of which, whycome there ain't no Spellman thread.  He's a 1st too.  Any thoughts?

I knows he's technically a 1st. But he really feels a 2nd.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Bonkers said:

clearly have not watched a lot of tape on Huerter if you're saying "with nearly no dunking ability"

Really?

Go to 1:27

That is totally fair.  I misstated that.  I live in Big10 country now so I’ve seen him and like the pick.  He is just someone who regularly passes up opportunities to dunk to lay it up, scoop it, do a tear drop, etc.  he has the size and athleticism to dunk but imo shows a significant preference for other shots near the basket.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is totally fair.  I misstated that.  I live in Big10 country now so I’ve seen him and like the pick.  He is just someone who regularly passes up opportunities to dunk to lay it up, scoop it, do a tear drop, etc.  he has the size and athleticism to dunk but imo shows a significant preference for other shots near the basket.

Dude has a 38 inch vertical at 6'7"  Of course he can dunk easily

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude has a 38 inch vertical at 6'7"  Of course he can dunk easily

Why do you think over 5 minutes of highlights shows 2 dunks one of which is him standing flat footed wide open under the basket?  It is not something in his game you should expect to see regularly.  He prefers getting people off balance and going to the tear drop, fade away, etc.  It is reality and not a criticism because I could give a rip about how he gets it in the basket as long as he does so consistently (which is exactly what he does).

Rip Hamilton was capable of dunking too.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why do you think over 5 minutes of highlights shows 2 dunks one of which is him standing flat footed wide open under the basket?  It is not something in his game you should expect to see regularly.  He prefers getting people off balance and going to the tear drop, fade away, etc.  It is reality and not a criticism because I could give a rip about how he gets it in the basket as long as he does so consistently (which is exactly what he does).

Rip Hamilton was capable of dunking too.

Yeah but this is

Decent size but thin and with nearly no dunking ability. 

Which were your words

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah but this is

Decent size but thin and with nearly no dunking ability. 

Which were your words

I immediately said criticism of what I wrote was totally fair because what I wrote wasn’t accurate and wasn’t really what I meant to convey.  I meant to convey that he will rarely dunk not that he is Korver-esque.  

I promptly acknowledged my post was wrong and tried to accurately state what I meant to say.  What are you arguing about here?

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I like him from what I’ve seen of him which isn’t much. He seems like a team first guy, I’ve read that he’s super high BBIQ which is always great and that he shoots from outside nicely and was one of the best outside shooting bigs in the draft. We basically got the best shooting point in Trae, best shooting sg in Huerter and possibly the best shooting center or at least top 3 in the draft. 

I was kind of upset with Schlenk because of the whole Bud thing, and the inability to get us anything for Ersan and Marco but I think he has a plan and he had an A- draft in my mind. We picked up the Mavs pick and that’s not a bad pick. I honestly think the pick will be around 8-12. I took another look at the standing and the West is too stacked and the Mavs are super young outside of Dirk which suggests more losing. However as a Hawks fan, I expect Doncic will lead them to the playoffs and be rookie of the year. A real kick in our balls. If you think about it, Doncic can destroy us for first off trading him (you tend to hurt the team that actually traded you more than ones that past on you) and hurt our 2019 pick by dominating and playing team ball for the Mavs. Ugh. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I immediately said criticism of what I wrote was totally fair because what I wrote wasn’t accurate and wasn’t really what I meant to convey.  I meant to convey that he will rarely dunk not that he is Korver-esque.  

I promptly acknowledged my post was wrong and tried to accurately state what I meant to say.  What are you arguing about here?

No one is arguing...Just correcting that one statement that implied he wasn't athletic