• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SO....MANY....DOUBTERS

JTB

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So you are saying that his assist should be higher in Europe Right?

Because you can play the zone in Europe, there are less pick n rolls and more 1v1 plays when ball movement leads to mismatches.  Therefore, because the end result of the pick'n'roll is usually a pass to the roll, leave for the slash or kick to the spot up wing, each of those plays can lead to an assist.  So plays in the NBA (because you can't play a true zone), lead to more assists.  Also, because there is significantly better defensive play in the NBA, there are more missed shots and therefore more rebounds.  Lastly, NBA games are 48 minutes long. Euro league games are 40 minutes long.  So the players are on the floor longer, get more minutes in the NBA.

This is why rebound and assist numbers can increase (more rebound and assist opportunities, more minutes), but is highly critical when assessing the points scored stat and shooting % stats. It just shows how much softer the Euro game is. Especially on defense.

1 hour ago, Devon said:

i haven't posted here in a long time and I've been thinking about this move from THE ENTIRE DRAFT and I think it's full of overreaches for system players that Schlenk wants; you could see the room was divided on the draft cam.

My main gripe with the move is the pick protection(s) and the fact that I see Collin Sexton as a better player than Young and; aside from being a local product (Pebblebrook H.S.) that went 3 spots later, when the two went head-to-head Sexton ate Young's lunch...

- I do think Trae is too slight and those of you saying he's 6'2" are out of your mind... By no means is he finished developing strength but he's every bit of 6' and as we saw at OU the best way to play him is to body him up ala Jevon Carter at WVU or Sexton from 'Bama

- I dislike that people fail to highlight his leading of the nation in turnovers while also highlighting his scoring/assists... be real... He takes chances unnecessarily at times and it led to a LOT of TO's

- His defense will be a problem against certain guards in the NBA as was going to be the case no matter whom we drafted; his frame will only highlight this difficulty for the first 2-3 seasons IMHO

Huerter picked a bad school/system for his style of play... I also know he recently had or is having surgery on his shooting hand... I also know his composite draft ranking was somewhere around 38-42; I think we reached; I hope I'm proven wrong and he's more Klay Thompson than Adam Keefe.

Spellman was a reach but he's a winner from a winning program with a great coach. I think he'll be that tweener "Stretch4/Small Ball 5" that can shoot and unclog the lane... I'll hold out thoughts on this one even though on paper it looks like a player we could've had at #34...

Which brings me to that... Why in the world did we throw that pick away for two ('19 & '23) 2nd rounders from Charlotte? I wasn't really digging the Graham pick but once I saw the trade I was just downright pissed.

Next years' draft class sucks... Dallas will either go all out to win or be a competitor for Top5 next season and the same w/Cleveland and their Top10 protected pick we "have"...

i'm all for assets... I just think Doncic and getting back into the lottery for a Sexton/Porter, Jr./Knox type of player was the "Super Aggressive" way that Koonin had me fluffed into thinking we might actually pull off...

i go to a LOT of games... 

I don't like this move, this draft, this long play suckitude... but its whatever

m'eh

It's not us saying he's 6'2". It's the NBA's offical combine numbers.  He's actually taller than Collin Sexton, but no one talks about that too much. 

Trae is 61.5 without shooes.  Collin sexton is 6 ft I believe per the nba combine.  Collin has a longer wingspan though.  That's probably the only gripe with Trae is his wingspan.  He's added a LOT of muscle since the season ended.  Let's hope he contirnues.

No one knows if it's a reach until the players play.   If you're a Falcons' fan you remember all the world thought Keanu Neal and Debo were a reach and both are probably top 10 at their positions now. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So you are saying that his assist should be higher in Europe Right?

The average Euro player will see his assists/game increase 31% when he joins the NBA.  So a player averaging 3.8 assists per game will be expected to average roughly 5 assists per game in the NBA.

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

The average Euro player will see his assists/game increase 31% when he joins the NBA.  So a player averaging 3.8 assists per game will be expected to average roughly 5 assists per game in the NBA.

What are you expecting Luka’s stats to be if you had to take a guess right now before the Mavs even add free agents?

Off the top of my head I’m gonna go..

31 minutes per game

17ppg

6.2 apg

4.7 rpg

1 steal

54 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's not us saying he's 6'2". It's the NBA's offical combine numbers.  He's actually taller than Collin Sexton, but no one talks about that too much. 

Trae is 61.5 without shooes.  Collin sexton is 6 ft I believe per the nba combine.  Collin has a longer wingspan though.  That's probably the only gripe with Trae is his wingspan.  He's added a LOT of muscle since the season ended.  Let's hope he contirnues.

No one knows if it's a reach until the players play.   If you're a Falcons' fan you remember all the world thought Keanu Neal and Debo were a reach and both are probably top 10 at their positions now. 

Not to nick pick, but Trae was 6 feet and 1/2 inch without shoes. 

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What are you expecting Luka’s stats to be if you had to take a guess right now before the Mavs even add free agents?

Off the top of my head I’m gonna go..

31 minutes per game

17ppg

6.2 apg

4.7 rpg

1 steal

Luka averaging 17 ppg means that he's going to immediately be the #1 or #2 option in Dallas, which I don't see happening.

12 ppg - 6 rebs - 4 asst . . . 45% FG . . . 34% 3FG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Thanks for the correction.  He and Collin are exactly the same height without shoes.  

There are quite few a iconic players in the 5'11.5 to 6'0.5'' range, Allen Iverson, Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas. Steph is a little bit taller than those guys at 6'1.5''.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Luka averaging 17 ppg means that he's going to immediately be the #1 or #2 option in Dallas, which I don't see happening.

For the record, if Trae gets the 20 - 25 minutes a game that I expect, his numbers should be

12 pts - 3 rebs - 6 asst . . . 43% FG . . 36% 3FG

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I’m rooting for this but I’m worried the kid is ready to roll.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For the record, if Trae gets the 20 - 25 minutes a game that I expect, his numbers should be

12 pts - 3 rebs - 6 asst . . . 43% FG . . 36% 3FG

He’s putting up more than that all around specially points. We don’t really have many offensive weapons. I mean Prince blew up in the last few game of the season but he’s not a 30 point a night scorer. 

I’m guessing Trae gets about 17-20 ppg.

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Everyone wants to talk about Trae and Huerters defense, or lack there of, when the truth is, both Curry AND Klay were also bad defenders coming out. And they were both Juniors.....Mark Jackson taught them how to play defense...Just sayin...Defense CAN be taught. Will either of them ever make an All NBA defensive team? Nope. But I think theyll be alright in time.......

Exactly! good points

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

29 mpg

19.5 ppg

6.5 apg

3.0 rpg

1.5 spg

Rookie of the year

I’ll add to this that if he stays healthy, Trae has a shot at taking down Donovan Mitchell’s most threes by a rookie. Mitchell had 186 last year. Lillard has the previous mark at 185 in 2012-13. I think Trae has a shot at 200. If we play up tempo, we are going to be bombing 3’s. He will get some looks for sure. 

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Trae might help Dennis get back on track. Dennis plays better when there is another guard to shoulder the ball handling responsibilities.

Good point. Trae's shooting and vision may help Dennis, the offensive sets shouldn't result in end of shot clock heaves by Dennis so much when they're together vs small lineups

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Devon said:

i haven't posted here in a long time and I've been thinking about this move from THE ENTIRE DRAFT and I think it's full of overreaches for system players that Schlenk wants; you could see the room was divided on the draft cam.

My main gripe with the move is the pick protection(s) and the fact that I see Collin Sexton as a better player than Young and; aside from being a local product (Pebblebrook H.S.) that went 3 spots later, when the two went head-to-head Sexton ate Young's lunch...

- I do think Trae is too slight and those of you saying he's 6'2" are out of your mind... By no means is he finished developing strength but he's every bit of 6' and as we saw at OU the best way to play him is to body him up ala Jevon Carter at WVU or Sexton from 'Bama

- I dislike that people fail to highlight his leading of the nation in turnovers while also highlighting his scoring/assists... be real... He takes chances unnecessarily at times and it led to a LOT of TO's

- His defense will be a problem against certain guards in the NBA as was going to be the case no matter whom we drafted; his frame will only highlight this difficulty for the first 2-3 seasons IMHO

Huerter picked a bad school/system for his style of play... I also know he recently had or is having surgery on his shooting hand... I also know his composite draft ranking was somewhere around 38-42; I think we reached; I hope I'm proven wrong and he's more Klay Thompson than Adam Keefe.

Spellman was a reach but he's a winner from a winning program with a great coach. I think he'll be that tweener "Stretch4/Small Ball 5" that can shoot and unclog the lane... I'll hold out thoughts on this one even though on paper it looks like a player we could've had at #34...

Which brings me to that... Why in the world did we throw that pick away for two ('19 & '23) 2nd rounders from Charlotte? I wasn't really digging the Graham pick but once I saw the trade I was just downright pissed.

Next years' draft class sucks... Dallas will either go all out to win or be a competitor for Top5 next season and the same w/Cleveland and their Top10 protected pick we "have"...

i'm all for assets... I just think Doncic and getting back into the lottery for a Sexton/Porter, Jr./Knox type of player was the "Super Aggressive" way that Koonin had me fluffed into thinking we might actually pull off...

i go to a LOT of games... 

I don't like this move, this draft, this long play suckitude... but its whatever

m'eh

Trae is 6’2 with shoes on..he’s 6’1.5 with shoes off he’s literally taller than Dennis. Did you not see the combine measurements? Sexton is shorter than Trae what are you talking about ?