• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Heck . . . I'll take a 4 - 10 FG . . . 2 - 6 3FG . . 3 - 3 FT . . 13 point - 6 assist - 2 turnover game.

Is that too much to ask from a guy playing 30+ minutes in a summer league game?

Are you watching the games? I'm not saying this to be funny or anything, but the second half of last game Trae was faciliting much better, but everyone bricked on those opportunities.  At a minimum, he should have had 6 assists in the last game. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We just don't want Trae to suck.   He's pretty much sucked the previous 2 games.   I want him to settle down and try to make others better, before looking for his own offense.

Is it too much to ask him not to suck?

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The dude is 19 for god sake...Give the guy a break.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Truth is in the middle.  He has been pretty bad against mostly guys who won't be playing real NBA minutes next year but it isn't worth getting too worked up over his long-term prospects given the format and sample size.  It isn't too much to ask him to have a nice game in SL but if he doesn't it isn't the end of the world or a hugely significant statement on his future.  

I think everyone would be excited to watch him put up a night with something like 9-15 from the field, 4-7 from 3pt range to go with similar passing and defensive output.  That won't change his long-term one bit but it would be a lot more fun than watching him struggle.

^This.  

I just want him to have more WOW moments in lieu of MEH moments like 19 year old John Collins did during last year's SL.  That's not asking too much.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Are you watching the games? I'm not saying this to be funny or anything, but the second half of last game Trae was faciliting much better, but everyone bricked on those opportunities.  At a minimum, he should have had 6 assists in the last game. 

That was in the "this game is over and we have stopped playing the little bit of organized ball we were playing earlier" stage of the game.  It was good to see but as hard as it is draw anything meaningful out of summer league play it is even harder to draw it out of a summer league game that is no longer even competitive.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

That was in the "this game is over and we have stopped playing the little bit of organized ball we were playing earlier" stage of the game.  It was good to see but as hard as it is draw anything meaningful out of summer league play it is even harder to draw it out of a summer league game that is a one-sided affair.

I agree with that.  The post I was replying to said he would like to see 6 assists.  Just saying just looking at the boxscore doesn't tell the entire story. 

2 minutes ago, DBac said:

Ugh, was hoping for a 7 PM start today.

Well, Marvin Bagley sucked again.  1 point and 3 rebounds in 29 minutes and was a -21 on the game.  

Good news though.  JJJ is about to start playing.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Well, Marvin Bagley sucked again.  1 point and 3 rebounds in 29 minutes and was a -21 on the game.  

Yeah I didn't wanna say anything because that's pretty fluky. Got his Ben Simmons on today.

2 minutes ago, DBac said:

Yeah I didn't wanna say anything because that's pretty fluky. Got his Ben Simmons on today.

Which just goes to show you that he cannot have an impact on the game without scoring.  He's a limited player.  I tried to tell everyone that before the draft.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Which just goes to show you that he cannot have an impact on the game without scoring.  He's a limited player.  I tried to tell everyone that before the draft.  

Have you seen JJJ's boxscore tonight? I don't think anyone should be making grand assumptions from summer league play.

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Have you seen JJJ's boxscore tonight? I don't think anyone should be making grand assumptions from summer league play.

Oh, you mean he's actually have a down game?  Yet, he's just a -4 compared to the greatest prospect that ever lived's -21 on the day.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yep. He's 1/7. 8 points 4 rebounds..I like him. Just sayin..