• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Pierce RAVES about Omari Spellman on CBS Radio

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pierce is raving about him in SL camp. Nothing like Spellman

He said he likes to talk to himself and he did great at a conditioning drill. I'm optimistic about the pick, but he hasn't done anything yet. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I hated Payne as a prospect. Bashed the pick repeatedly. While I love Payne. While he isn't exactly Green. He is the closest I've seen to him 

Am I misreading, or did you mean to say "While I love Spellman, he isn't exactly Green, but he's the closest I've seen to him."

If so, I honestly have to ask, do you really see Spellman's speed/ability to close out on the perimeter to be close to Green's? Because I don't even think he has Payne's speed/ability... what I've seen, he seems even a half-step slower.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's before he step foot in the NBA. Not after he is there

So you think Spellman has stepped foot in the NBA?  Come on.  We are comparing two guys who the team was high on before their first summer game.  It is about as perfect match as comparisons go.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Am I misreading, or did you mean to say "While I love Spellman, he isn't exactly Green, but he's the closest I've seen to him."

If so, I honestly have to ask, do you really see Spellman's speed/ability to close out on the perimeter to be close to Green's? Because I don't even think he has Payne's speed/ability... what I've seen, he seems even a half-step slower.

I meant he I love Spellman, he's the closest to Green. I didn't love Payne. I thought he was gonna be a bust. 

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Our rooks look like shit. 

1) too short, turnover prone

2) red head. Gross

3) too old to do anything. Closer to aarp than stardom. 

That work?

? red head gross? Prince ? Harry ain’t down with this...

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Sounds like we are over-hyping our rooks again. 

Well most of us are only going off what we can see. I don’t think it’s a stretch to compare our players to their pro level counterparts. What is YOUR opinion of our rookies ?