• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here is an article on Peachtree Hopps that attempts to explain the Lin trade

Peoriabird

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have to remember that they are communicating with Dennis.   And I'm guessing the message is that "Hey, we are looking at trades but if we go into the season with  you that's great because we'll have a ton of backcourt talent and possibly we can move you at the deadline once your court case is settled.   We are in a multi year rebuild and will do our best to get you someplace where you can compete in the playoffs".   Dennis will know that the better he plays, the less trouble he makes, then the more likely he attracts interest from good teams. 

True, but I just don't trust that he's mature enough to not let that affect him throughout the course of the season.  Especially if he isn't getting big minutes.  Either way it's looking like we'll have to let it play out that way regardless unless some sort of out of court settlement happens.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

True, but I just don't trust that he's mature enough to not let that affect him throughout the course of the season.  Especially if he isn't getting big minutes.  Either way it's looking like we'll have to let it play out that way regardless unless some sort of out of court settlement happens.

I'm guessing we don't see very strict "rotations" from CLP.  So I think there will minutes for everyone and we will see 2 PGs a lot.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm guessing we don't see very strict "rotations" from CLP.  So I think there will minutes for everyone and we will see 2 PGs a lot.  

If so, that will validate KB and my prediction that the team wants to lose this year.  When healthy, Lin has shown the ability situationally defend certain SGs for limited minutes but neither Dennis nor Trae will be able to do this at all.

• Moderators

Dennis played off the ball some last year.   

I'll be going to games to see Trae and Collins.   Finally got some dynamic players on the team.  Losing doesn't bother me as much as being boring and lacking in talent.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis played off the ball some last year.   

I'll be going to games to see Trae and Collins.   Finally got some dynamic players on the team.  Losing doesn't bother me as much as being boring and lacking in talent.  

Last year was the first time in years I missed opening night. I'll be back this year. I hope it's a weekend game.

• Like 1