• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

With the 111th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select

RONDAE HOLLIS-JEFFERSON

image.jpeg

RHJ gives us another premier defender on the perimeter and much needed athleticism. This past year he put up 14/2/7 in 28 mpg, which is excellent because he has been trending upwards every year of his career. I caught a few games of the Nets last year and RHJ looked much improved. He's always had good handles for a wing but this past season he looked comfortable operating in the mid-range, especially from the high post. Kinda reminded me of DeRozan in a way. He's still got a long way to go in terms of 3 point shooting but i'm hoping he can eventually become a respectable 3 point shooter.

PG: Jrue Holiday/D'angelo Russell/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward/Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

PF: Nikola Mirotic/Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@lethalweapon3 you're up!

Excellent pick ... this will be his breakout year

• Moderators

In the 10th Round, with the 112th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

Dwayne-Wayne-Glasses.jpg

Who you gonna call? Dewayne… no, not you, pal. Come get your boy, Whitley!

10559959.jpg

That’s better. Reach out, reach out and touch someone, Dewayne Dedmon (Center, 7’0”, 245 lbs., 30 Years old next Sunday)!

We can hear him now, but you won’t be able to see Dedmon’s write-up here until I get caught up. I’m betting Dewayne’s owns some flip glasses AND a flip phone! If this Taurus keeps up his bullish approach to improving his game, we’ll be doing flips, too!

Let’s keep this rolling... our Friendly Neighborhood @Spud2nique has his Spudey Senses tingling and has been PM'd!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

TOP NBA TEAMS (Coaches + Players) among players picked:

Nuggets 7

Celtics 7 (incl. 1 Coach)

HAWKS 6

Warriors 6 (incl. 1 Coach)

Magic 5

Sixers 5

Lakers 5

BOTTOM NBA TEAMS:

Hornets 1

Cavaliers 2

heat 2

~lw3

My next pick is a guy who is a guy that played college ball but has the perfect game for the NBA. At 6’5” and 200 pounds (wet) ... I shoulda just said he was 196 and avoided this.. :-| he passes the eye test for me. He has the IT factor. Oh and most times, the Spurs don’t miss on a draft pick. This guy has superstar potential in my opinion and might get there with quickness (pun intended). 

When I watch him, he reminds me of what a baseball 5 tool player would be in basketball. Here’s what he does well:

• Potent attacker off the dribble. Uses the threat of his jump shot well to blow by defenders.

• Three-point percentage (34.6%) might undersell his long-range shooting ability. Has a compact stroke. Can launch coming off screens or rise and fire off the dribble.

• Impressive athlete who can rise over defenders to finish. Shows good touch around the basket. Makes acrobatic plays.

• Possesses a good frame for a shooting guard. Measured with a 6’10’’ wingspan.

• Combination of length and lateral quickness could make him a three-position defender. Doesn’t cede ground to bigger wings.

He is gonna fit in beautifully as our 2nd unit SG behind Donovan but some spot minutes with both of them on the floor as well to give opponents some different looks.

Without further adieu,

With the 113th pick in the SDD, 

The Spudorables select:

Lonnie Walker IV

PG-Stephen Curry/ Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/Lonnie Walker IV

SF-Jaylen Brown/ Josh Jackson

PF-Tobias Harris/Jonathan Isaac

C- Marc Gasol/Enes Kanter

@HopefulHawksFan is next and PM’d!

• Like 1

I had a feeling it would be tomorrow sometime before we moved past these 6 or 7 picks. I will be at work tomorrow and will get my picks in if it becomes my turn but it might take longer than usual.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, pimp said:

i think that @AHF will be on the clock at about 8:00pm. @HopefulHawksFan was already been on the clock since yesterday, and it will be about 1 hour since Spud made his last selection. 

That's correct, @HopefulHawksFan's second clock expired at 7:56 PM Eastern. @AHF can pick at any time, exclusively through 11:56 AM Eastern tomorrow, although I doubt that will be necessary.

~lw3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

@TheNorthCydeRises and I have agreed to swap 165 for 168 so he can have the honor of drafting Mr. Irrelevant. Awaiting league approval.

League warning that these types of trades generally won't fly but this is close enough to pass muster so this one gets the league's stamp of approval.  

• Like 1

• Admin
22 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

TOP NBA TEAMS (Coaches + Players) among players picked:

Nuggets 7

Celtics 7 (incl. 1 Coach)

HAWKS 6

Warriors 6 (incl. 1 Coach)

~lw3

? I am waiting for (UNDRAFTED oh heck I'll this one slide ~lw3)  Alex Poythress to get drafted

• Like 1

I think I brought this up a couple seasons ago but is anyone interested in a Squawk all time draft? Where we draft the Kareem’s Jordan’s and Wilt’s of the league? Sounds super fun but might be complicated but maybe not.

Just a thought.

• Like 1