• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators

@AHF, dear Commish, does @TheNorthCydeRises' Jordan Crawford count as Draft-eligible?

I know another J-Craw that does, but I believe Jordan is our Dynasty Draft's first unrestricted free agent (effective July 1), after being a late-season pickup for the second season in a row. And I've heard more news about TBT's Jordan Crawford this summer than about the NBA vet of the same name.

~lw3

• Moderators

^^Also, I neglected to recognize that the Other J-Craw (He Who Cannot Be Named Yet) is also an Unrestricted FA like Jordan. But the one of more advanced age is more likely to be receiving calls to hop on somebody's 15-man roster, or at least be a real solid training camp invite.

~lw3

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

^^Also, I neglected to recognize that the Other J-Craw (He Who Cannot Be Named Yet) is also an Unrestricted FA like Jordan. But the one of more advanced age is more likely to be receiving calls to hop on somebody's 15-man roster, or at least be a real solid training camp invite.

~lw3

You can Draft anybody that is currently in the league or is or has been draft eligible. So players eligible for the 2018 draft can be drafted as can foreign players drafted in the past or draft eligible in the past who haven't played in the NBA. Players like incoming college freshmen are still not eligible for this draft because they have never been draft eligible and will not be eligible until next year's draft.  

It sounds like if they have ever been drafted then you can draft them. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It sounds like if they have ever been drafted then you can draft them. I could be wrong though.

Right.  He can be drafted just like Michael Jordan or Cindy Crawford can.  The risk of the player not being in the nba is on the drafter.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@AHF, dear Commish, does @TheNorthCydeRises' Jordan Crawford count as Draft-eligible?

I know another J-Craw that does, but I believe Jordan is our Dynasty Draft's first unrestricted free agent (effective July 1), after being a late-season pickup for the second season in a row. And I've heard more news about TBT's Jordan Crawford this summer than about the NBA vet of the same name.

~lw3

LOL ... how dare you challenge the eligibility of the TRUE BALLER.

Thanks @AHF on the quick ruling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Right.  He can be drafted just like Michael Jordan or Cindy Crawford can.  The risk of the player not being in the nba is on the drafter.

I used to drink a very underrated Kim Crawford white ? Does that count for anything?

$16.99 a bottle

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cindy was never NBA-drafted, though! On that note... Poor Chris!

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Programming Note: After @AHF's pick drops, @HopefulHawksFan has one hour before the draft clock starts for @Spud2nique.

~lw3

Nice! So cut up the vegetables from the farmers market and get it prepped n ready, then focus on a supreme player while eatin a ?..

Roger that!

• Moderators

Our next pick is a nice round number at 150 and our remaining roster spots are quickly drying up so we wanted to add some backcourt depth and perimeter shooting.  How many guys remaining fit that bill and are still young enough to keep improving?  Not many but this one does.  Plus, how many people get to have the same name for their first and last name?  Nique will get serious headspin trying to sort that out.  With the 150th pick, we take:

Bogdan Bogdanovic

859184786-sacramento-kings-v-los-angeles

This led us to a 25 year old shooting guard who put up a nice rookie season shooting over 39% from deep and an efficient .556% TS% to match with his 12, 3 and 3 line.  He does a bit of everything, shoots the ball well, and is an easy plug into just about any lineup combination we can throw together.  We do expect given his age and the fact that he was transitioning to the NBA last year that there is additional growth left to tap but he would make a great rotation piece just as he is today even if that never happened.

He started over his 24 year old teammate Buddy Hield last season despite it being Hield's 3rd year in the league but both were among the few effective players for the Kings.  In fact, their numbers are very similar as both guys chip in with some efficient scoring, rebounds and assists.  We expect that Bogdan will be a key piece for the Kings again this season and a nice rotation player for the U-Niques.

bogdanovic_1170x678.jpeg?itok=O95ApMxe

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock

Coach:    Rick Carlisle        
PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic    
SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz    Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins    Andre Roberson
PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric    
C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton    

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our next pick is a nice round number at 150 and our remaining roster spots are quickly drying up so we wanted to add some backcourt depth and perimeter shooting.  How many guys remaining fit that bill and are still young enough to keep improving?  Not many but this one does.  Plus, how many people get to have the same name for their first and last name?  Nique will get serious headspin trying to sort that out.  With the 150th pick, we take:

Bogdan Bogdanovic

859184786-sacramento-kings-v-los-angeles

This led us to a 25 year old shooting guard who put up a nice rookie season shooting over 39% from deep and an efficient .556% TS% to match with his 12, 3 and 3 line.  He does a bit of everything, shoots the ball well, and is an easy plug into just about any lineup combination we can throw together.  We do expect given his age and the fact that he was transitioning to the NBA last year that there is additional growth left to tap but he would make a great rotation piece just as he is today even if that never happened.

He started over his 24 year old teammate Buddy Hield last season despite it being Hield's 3rd year in the league but both were among the few effective players for the Kings.  In fact, their numbers are very similar as both guys chip in with some efficient scoring, rebounds and assists.  We expect that Bogdan will be a key piece for the Kings again this season and a nice rotation player for the U-Niques.

bogdanovic_1170x678.jpeg?itok=O95ApMxe

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock

Coach:    Rick Carlisle        
PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic    
SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz    Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins    Andre Roberson
PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric    
C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton    

I like the Bogdan and both he and Hield give the Kings, as you said, two of their more efficient players. Nice pick this late for sure.

Thanks @Buzzard! I’m here now and the pick will be in about 30 minutes. I said that last time and it was an hour. That won’t happen again, 30 means 30. ? There are 3 players im considering and I’m actually hoping HopefulHawksfan will jump in and take one guy off my board. Soooooo indecisive ??‍♂️ ?‍♀️ here I don’t know what to do. Do I get a lifeline? The last players taken by another manager was you as u took OG and Hart. I’m gonna phone ? a friend. @HopefulHawksFan please get in here and eliminate at least 1/3 players. Ugh ?...I seriously need a co GM this is too much... ? 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thanks @Buzzard! I’m here now and the pick will be in about 30 minutes. I said that last time and it was an hour. That won’t happen again, 30 means 30. ? There are 3 players im considering and I’m actually hoping HopefulHawksfan will jump in and take one guy off my board. Soooooo indecisive ??‍♂️ ?‍♀️ here I don’t know what to do. Do I get a lifeline? The last players taken by another manager was you as u took OG and Hart. I’m gonna phone ? a friend. @HopefulHawksFan please get in here and eliminate at least 1/3 players. Ugh ?...I seriously need a co GM this is too much... ? 

It is all good, I am the only one who needs a coach so it is not like I am afraid you or Hopeful will get him. It is a courtesy to make timely picks though, so others can make timely picks. I wish we could have autodraft and then this waiting would be a thing of the past :cheer:

• Moderators
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Cindy was never NBA-drafted, though! On that note... Poor Chris!

~lw3

But draft eligibility doesn’t factor in whether drafted or not.  I was draft eligible many moons ago.  For some reason the real nba gm’s passed on me.  Someone is free to take me in this format, though, under our current eligibility rules.

(Ashley says it won’t be the U-Niques that waste their pick on me.  The streak continues...)

• Like 1

This late in the draft my old eyes had to check the board a couple of times and I’m still not certain why but my next selection seems to still be available.

Size check

Versatility check

Switchability check

Good locker room presence check

Consistency in numbers  check

Consistency in games played check

Experience in league check

Atlanta ties (Georgia Tech) check 

With the 152nd pick in the SDD, the Spudsters select:

6’8” 230 the guy you aren’t game planning for but always gets that offense rebound put back. The modern day Buck Williams...

THADDEUS YOUNG  6’8 230 

My main man @lethalweapon3 has been PM’d and is ready to ? us!

• Like 1

Defensive Real Plus/Minus: 2.25 (No. 26)

Defensive Points Saved: 65.66 (No. 34)

Field-Goal Percentage Differential: minus-5.3 (No. 14)

On/Off Differential: minus-6.3 (No. 16)

If you're a stretch 4, stop trying to score against Thaddeus Young

Seriously. Just stop it. 

It’s  his ability to deter shooting attempts and force foes into schematic shifts that makes him so valuable. Whereas they'd want to space the floor with skilled bigs against other lineup configurations, they frequently need to play to their weaknesses rather than their strengths when he's running shooters off the arc. 

-BR

I am by no means a advanced stat guy. I just know that Thad has to be up there in efficiency just by watching him play. He does all the little things well and is a great teammate. He’s played 91% of all his games during his career (820/902) good for 91%. When you look for a guy this late in the draft you are looking for consistent numbers and a solid player all around and with his jumper improving the last few years, he seem to be the Swiss Army knife that the Spudsters needed. Welcome Thaddeus Young!

PG-Stephen Curry/ Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/Lonnie Walker IV/Malik Monk

SF-Jaylen Brown/ Josh Jackson

PF-Tobias Harris/Jonathan Isaac/Thaddeus Young

C- Marc Gasol/Enes Kanter

Coach: Kenny Atkinson

With my draft virtually over, I need to select one of the greatest ballers of all time, that doesn't get to play, but is a tremendous cheerleader on the bench.

I need a baller .... A TRUE BALLER.

So with the 148th selection in the Hawsquawk Dynasty Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select ...

JORDAN CRAWFORD

Image result for jordan crawford

Despite playing in only 24 regular season games in 2 years, Jordan Crawford continues to prove that he can score with the best of them. 

Spot up 3s?  Check

Midrange jumpers?  Check

Weird shooting motions?  Check

From an offensive standpoint, he has what it takes to play in this league.  Defensively . . . . eh?   But who cares about defense.  When you do one thing well  . . and that's score the basketball . . it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Jordan was stellar in the 5 regular season games he played in this year, averaging 22.8 ppg - 8.8 asst on a Per 36 minute basis.   He also posted career highs in PER ( 19.1 ) and Total Shot % ( 60.1% ).  And the 14 quick points in a blowout at Golden State in the playoffs proves that he's still got it.

But it is his past that haunts him.  He's too confident in his abilities, which puts a negative perception on him.  He's somewhat loose at the lips ( he tossed out an "allegation" toward Carmelo Anthony back in 2013, which was an extension of this ):

Image result for lala honey nut cheerios

Jordan's mouth and quirkiness may be keeping him out of the NBA.  But in our franchise, we embrace abrasive and malcontent players, as long as you prove that you can put that ball in the basket.  Heck, Lavar Ball is our Director of Marketing, so adding Jordan is nothing.  We can handle him.   One day soon, Jordan may have a moment like he had in the NCAA tournament.

Until then, welcome to the Ballers!

• Like 2