• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick, Capstone's Crew selects:

KENT BAZEMORE SF/SG

usa_today_10029882.0.jpg?resize=678,381

This is the look this man has for all of you GMs who has been passing over him for this long. 

Talk about a quality guy you want on your roster.  On and off the court, Kent gives 150%.  We all know what he brings, D, 3s, penetration, amazing attitude, leadership.  I don't really need to go into any more details.  

He fits our model of team players who play D, is versatile and keeps the ball moving.  I can't think of a more perfect player to complete our roster with.

Welcome to the Crew Baz!

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

I believe @Buzzard is up.   I traded down to get the last pick.

11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

KENT BAZEMORE SF/SG

This is the look this man has for all of you GMs who has been passing over him for this long. 

Talk about a quality guy you want on your roster.  On and off the court, Kent gives 150%.  We all know what he brings, D, 3s, penetration, amazing attitude, leadership.  I don't really need to go into any more details.  

He fits our model of team players who play D, is versatile and keeps the ball moving.  I can't think of a more perfect player to complete our roster with.

Welcome to the Crew Baz!

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

Yes sir! Had him on my final pick list as well. I’m really glad you made this pick...checks 2 boxes ? 

He is a Hawk ✅ 

He is in the eastern conference ✅ 

That helps boost our final Dynasty numbers. 

Love this pick ? 

• Like 1

Coach Pick and Team thoughts:

I think I took care of all facets of the game in this draft while also staying very young. Good outside shooting at four positions with Beal, Hield, Hart, Fournier, Ingram, Porter, Turner, and KAT. Solid rebounding with Hart, Porter, Ingram, Turner, Cauley-Stein, and KAT. I picked up some good defensive players in Rubio, Porter, OG, and Cauley-Stein to plug in anytime we need to add some extra pressure to a team’s hot player. I also have plenty of speed and fresh young legs.

I think point guard is my weakest spot right now; but Smith Jr. and Shai displayed in college they had the chops to hit the three ball and engage their teammates. Rubio will provide excellent veteran leadership while these two future stars develop. I think my starting front line of Ingram, Turner, and KAT will be as good as any in the coming years. In a nutshell this team can be molded as my coach sees fit.

I am drafting who I think is the perfect coach to get the job done. Doc Rivers has been a head coach at three different stops and posted a winning record at all three. I imagine Orlando would be happy to offer him a lifetime contract if they would have known back when they fired him, what they know now.

He has coached HOF greats and solid young players. The youth he has coached is equal to the vets. Young players such as Tracy McGrady, Rajon Rondo, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan along with vets such as CP3. KG, Paul Pierce and many others both young and old.

Last season was a challenge to say the least as the Clippers shipped out CP3 and Blake Grffin; yet Doc was still able to put together a winning record of 42 and 40. He even change their style of play from 17th slowest in the league in both 2015/16 and 2016/17 to 7th fastest in the league for the 2017/18 season. Ever since Doc was a rookie PG with our Hawks back in 1983, the one constant about him is he was a winner.

He ranks 2nd only behind Pop with 1470 games coached among active coaches and there are only five active coaches with 1000 games under their belt and one more who should eclipse that this year. Of those six coaches Doc ranks 2nd in winning % once again behind Pop with a outstanding .576%. He is going to guide my young team to prosperity. Winning and nothing else is his way. I am extremely excited to still be able to select this man as my head coach. I think I hit a home run here given the youth and overall makeup of my team. Welcome to the Flock Glenn Anton "Doc" Rivers!

paul-pierce-e1518382211155.jpg?w=640

@JayBirdHawk is up next and has been PMd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

KENT BAZMORE SF/SG

Welcome to the Crew Baz!

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

Love Baze on a non contract type of team. I thought he would go a little sooner. Nice pick.

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Coach Pick and Team thoughts:

I think I took care of all facets of the game in this draft while also staying very young. Good outside shooting at four positions with Beal, Hield, Hart, Fournier, Ingram, Porter, Turner, and KAT. Solid rebounding with Hart, Porter, Ingram, Turner, Cauley-Stein, and KAT. I picked up some good defensive players in Rubio, Porter, OG, and Cauley-Stein to plug in anytime we need to add some extra pressure to a team’s hot player. I also have plenty of speed and fresh young legs.

I think point guard is my weakest spot right now; but Smith Jr. and Shai displayed in college they had the chops to hit the three ball and engage their teammates. Rubio will provide excellent veteran leadership while these two future stars develop. I think my starting front line of Ingram, Turner, and KAT will be as good as any in the coming years. In a nutshell this team can be molded as my coach sees fit.

I am drafting who I think is the perfect coach to get the job done. Doc Rivers has been a head coach at three different stops and posted a winning record at all three. I imagine Orlando would be happy to offer him a lifetime contract if they would have known back when they fired him, what they know now.

He has coached HOF greats and solid young players. The youth he has coached is equal to the vets. Young players such as Tracy McGrady, Rajon Rondo, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan along with vets such as CP3. KG, Paul Pierce and many others both young and old.

Last season was a challenge to say the least as the Clippers shipped out CP3 and Blake Grffin; yet Doc was still able to put together a winning record of 42 and 40. He even change their style of play from 17th slowest in the league in both 2015/16 and 2016/17 to 7th fastest in the league for the 2017/18 season. Ever since Doc was a rookie PG with our Hawks back in 1983, the one constant about him is he was a winner.

He ranks 2nd only behind Pop with 1470 games coached among active coaches and there are only five active coaches with 1000 games under their belt and one more who should eclipse that this year. Of those six coaches Doc ranks 2nd in winning % once again behind Pop with a outstanding .576%. He is going to guide my young team to prosperity. Winning and nothing else is his way. I am extremely excited to still be able to select this man as my head coach. I think I hit a home run here given the youth and overall makeup of my team. Welcome to the Flock Glenn Anton "Doc" Rivers!

paul-pierce-e1518382211155.jpg?w=640

@JayBirdHawk is up next and has been PMd.

I thought Stotts or Donovan. I lose. Nice pick in Doc! I still believe...

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought Stotts or Donovan. I lose. Nice pick in Doc! I still believe...

I am not worried about the haters concerning Doc's playoff record with the Clips. CP3 did the same thing with Houston last year in the playoffs that he and/or Blake had been doing their whole time in LA. Only GSW can afford to lose one superstar to injury and still make a valid run; no one else can.

Both Stotts and Donovan were in the running and mostly Stotts over Donovan. Doc is just to versatile and he has coached every type of player there is. I also like the way he works with point guards ( Rondo and CP3 ). His offenses and defenses have always been pretty solid whether it is Rondo and no offensive game or CP3 with plenty of offensive game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am not worried about the haters concerning Doc's playoff record with the Clips. CP3 did the same thing with Houston last year in the playoffs that he and/or Blake had been doing their whole time in LA. Only GSW can afford to lose one superstar to injury and still make a valid run; no one else can.

Both Stotts and Donovan were in the running and mostly Stotts over Donovan. Doc is just to versatile and he has coached every type of player there is. I also like the way he works with point guards ( Rondo and CP3 ). His offenses and defenses have always been pretty solid whether it is Rondo and no offensive game or CP3 with plenty of offensive game.

I’ve loved Doc forever except his time with the Celts ...where he excelled obviously but just hard to watch. My fav Doc coaching time was with the Magic in that magical 99 or 2000 season I think where they almost made the playoffs with Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins. Fun times. Ya he’s gonna be great for ur squad.

• Premium Member

With my very last election in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft I figured I needed an old guy that can still play to round out the The Lady JayBurds.  We select:  

G Manu 'Bald Spot' Ginobli.

At  age 41,  he can  still turn the clock back  every now and then.  This young team  can benefit from his 16 years  of NBA experience.

The Lady JayBurds:

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

PG: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris, Manu  Ginobli

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Larry Nance Jr.

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen, Bam Adebayo

@turnermx will be PM'd

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve loved Doc forever except his time with the Celts ...where he excelled obviously but just hard to watch. My fav Doc coaching time was with the Magic in that magical 99 or 2000 season I think where they almost made the playoffs with Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins. Fun times. Ya he’s gonna be great for ur squad.

There are quite a few things I would like to add on Doc; but this sticks out since it is similar to our coaching situation with Bud. Doc was demoted as President of Basketball Operations in August of 2017. The Clippers then traded his best remaining player, Blake Griffin. in January of 2018 to start rebuilding for the future. Not only did Doc not quit on his organization. coaching staff, and remaining players, he signed a two year extension in May of 2018.

Doc Rivers, all heart and all class. If you admire loyalty, you have to love Doc.

Enough said!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

There are quite a few things I would like to add on Doc; but this sticks out since it is similar to our coaching situation with Bud. Doc was demoted as President of Basketball Operations in August of 2017. The Clippers then traded his best remaining player, Blake Griffin. in January of 2018 to start rebuilding for the future. Not only did Doc not quit on his organization. coaching staff, and remaining players, he signed a two year extension in May of 2018.

Doc Rivers, all heart and all class. If you admire loyalty, you have to love Doc.

Enough said!

I Fckn ? Doc! #25 forever!

With the final pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, I fully intended to take the most beatdown Hawk player of all time . . . Marvin Williams.

But I'm not.   Marvin has had a good career . . for a journeyman player.  But not for the #2 pick in the draft.  From that standpoint, he is a bust.  Not a COMPLETE bust.  But a bust nonetheless.

Instead, I'll take the Hawk legend, who will never get his due as one of the greats in franchise history.  The guy who was instrumental in bringing us out of the last "tank job", that reshaped the franchise.

It is my honor to say . .

With the 168th and final pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select . . .

JOE JOHNSON

Image result for joe johnson 2012

This will surely be his final appearance in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, so it's only fitting to pay tribute to the legend one last time, and let him ride out in the sunset, playing with Lebron James and the future of the league . . Lonzo Ball.

Thank you Joe for all that you have done.  Hope to see that lowkey Hall of Fame speech one day.

The great playoff quarter in 2008 vs the Celtics

First playoff breakthrough vs Wade

Vintage regular season JJ . . torching the Celtics

The "infamous" post-game interview after the Game 3 blowout to Orlando in 2010, that tarnished his Hawk legacy

Buzzer Beater Joe and the birth of Joe Jesus

Thank you sir.  It was truly a pleasure watching you all of these years.

PG:  Lonzo Ball ( 20 ) - Lou Williams ( 31 )

G:  Tyreke Evans ( 28 ) - Joe Ingles ( 30 ) - Joe Johnson ( 37 ) - Jordan Crawford ( 29 )

F:  Lebron James ( 33 ) - Kyle Kuzma ( 21 ) 

PF:  Kristaps Porzingis ( 23 ) - Wendell Carter Jr ( 19 )

C:  Demarcus Cousins ( 28 ) - Marvin Bagley III ( 19 ) - Dwight Howard ( 32 )

Coach:  Dwane Casey

DRAFT OVER  

POST-DRAFT ANALYSIS IS NEXT!!

• Like 3