• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Sign Alex Poythress To Two-Way Contract

Vol4ever

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Well, we got families now. We aren't young anymore. I mean, kids these days entering the league are born in 2000

Yep.  In the next month, my three will be 8, 6, and 4.  And my wife and I have started the process to adopt another child.

• Like 4

• Admin
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*yawn*

Dude was supposed to be a 1AD at Kentucky then, because he's not that good, he ended up staying there like 13 years.  Same guy that went in is the same guy that came out (no development).  Not sure what we're expecting him to be.  Seems like a poor man's Marcus Morris at best.

*yawn*

Other than making 'it' move for @AHF, what's this signing do for us?  

This is what worries me about doing away with one and done ... overhyped high school players will get drafted high and are not nba quality players ... I think it should be raised to jr year

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*yawn*

Dude was supposed to be a 1AD at Kentucky then, because he's not that good, he ended up staying there like 13 years.  Same guy that went in is the same guy that came out (no development).  Not sure what we're expecting him to be.  Seems like a poor man's Marcus Morris at best.

*yawn*

Other than making 'it' move for @AHF, what's this signing do for us?  

Somebody's gotta play for the GLeague team. Doubt he sees any NBA time unless tons of injuries.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  In the next month, my three will be 8, 6, and 4.  And my wife and I have started the process to adopt another child.

Would you adopt an adult-child?  I know a guy looking for someone to support him.  GT fan, Hawks fan.  I'm ... I mean, he's low maintenance. :happy:

Seriously though, congrats on that.  My wife and I have 3 and we talk all the time about finding a way to help other kids.  It kills me seeing kids without a stable environment

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This is what worries me about doing away with one and done ... overhyped high school players will get drafted high and are not nba quality players ... I think it should be raised to jr year

Truth.  I get that having the GLeague provides a more stable development environment for dudes that don't make it right away.  But that's all well and good until fanbases see their flashy lotto pick toiling for the Starkville Stingrays or something.  They'll be thinking, "Uh tell me why we drafted this ill-prepared 17yo again?"

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Somebody's gotta play for the GLeague team. Doubt he sees any NBA time unless tons of injuries.

Give me a diamond then, not this warmed-over lump o' coal.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Would you adopt an adult-child?  I know a guy looking for someone to support him.  GT fan, Hawks fan.  I'm ... I mean, he's low maintenance. :happy:

Seriously though, congrats on that.  My wife and I have 3 and we talk all the time about finding a way to help other kids.  It kills me seeing kids without a stable environment

Truth.  I get that having the GLeague provides a more stable development environment for dudes that don't make it right away.  But that's all well and good until fanbases see their flashy lotto pick toiling for the Starkville Stingrays or something.  They'll be thinking, "Uh tell me why we drafted this ill-prepared 17yo again?"

My preference as well, so nothing exciting about this. 

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yep.  This is something that has been laid on our hearts, and from my standpoint, I have been blessed with the means to provide for someone who otherwise wouldn't not have that advantage.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  This is something that has been laid on our hearts, and from my standpoint, I have been blessed with the means to provide for someone who otherwise wouldn't not have that advantage.  

So will I have my own room or nah?

:happy:

• Moderators

I like this as a two-way developmental play.  Poythress was a strong all-around college player.  He was never the start that had been projected but he had great measurables and developed his skills incrementally in about every area of play over his time in Lexington.  Injuries undercut his draft stock but I'll personally enjoy tracking his development.  He won't every be more than a role player but if you can get that from a two-way you've done well.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

You know... When I see players come into the league that were born in the 90's it makes me feel old as crap. It really does. lol

Try being born in 1960!  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  It's a smaller room that is connected to my daughter's room via a bathroom.  

Count me in.

21 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

You might want to rethink that.

Nah.  I'd be a great big brother.  It'd be like a Starkville-based reboot of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Count me in.

Nah.  I'd be a great big brother.  It'd be like a Starkville-based reboot of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

You know there was a girl in high school that had smaller room connected to the bathroom connected to the outside. 

Lets just say say too much privilege was given by her parents. At the time, I loved them for it. Now, I feel bad ? 

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know there was a girl in high school that had smaller room connected to the bathroom connected to the outside. 

Lets just say say too much privilege was given by her parents. At the time, I loved them for it. Now, I feel bad ? 

There was an exterior door to the bathroom or to the bedroom?  Exterior bathroom door seems weird AF.

And shame on you, spud.  Shame! I hope you have a daughter.  Then you'll really feel guilty about what you've done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There was an exterior door to the bathroom or to the bedroom?  Exterior bathroom door seems weird AF.

And shame on you, spud.  Shame! I hope you have a daughter.  Then you'll really feel guilty about what you've done.

It wasn’t only me...found out later that she hosted from roughly 10:30pm-1am nightly....

I gotta get to a Doctor ?‍⚕️....a real doctor- me in 1995....

and possibly today...preventive care!

I know right, i feel bad. Is that a myth that if ur an Ahole (not AHF) to girls when dating that you will end up with a daughter? 

I was always a gentleman so...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It wasn’t only me...found out later that she hosted from roughly 10:30pm-1am nightly....

I gotta get to a Doctor ?‍⚕️....a real doctor- me in 1995....

and possibly today...preventive care!

I know right, i feel bad. Is that a myth that if ur an Ahole (not AHF) to girls when dating that you will end up with a daughter? 

I was always a gentleman so...

That's a myth but it's poetic justice when a guy who was a turd to women ends up with a daughter.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah, this is some of the real fun to me of a tank environment... more opportunity for the late bloomers to bloom, and gain talent on the cheap.

I love the Snoopy Grahams of the Hawks lore, I really do.

• Like 2