• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

So after one bad game two of the  "Big 3" are future busts. LoL Calm down your horses.

I wouldn't say that at all. But even in the "good" games Barrett seems way too selfish. I already knew Cam wouldn't look as good in college as he will in the NBA. He doesn't have that 'me first' personality. 

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

So after one bad game two of the  "Big 3" are future busts. LoL Calm down your horses.

Not busts . . . just not a player that this team needs.

Zion scores on an easy spin into the lane to tie the game at 87 . . . and doesn't touch the ball again because Barrett wanted to be the hero.  Part of that is on the player.   A lot of that is on Coach K to tell the kid what he should do, and not what he wants to do.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not busts . . . just not a player that this team needs.

Zion scores on an easy spin into the lane to tie the game at 87 . . . and doesn't touch the ball again because Barrett wanted to be the hero.  Part of that is on the player.   A lot of that is on Coach K to tell the kid what he should do, and not what he wants to do.

Yall haven't been listening to me.  Coach K stopped actually coaching years ago.  He just lets the talent do what they want now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yall haven't been listening to me.  Coach K stopped actually coaching years ago.  He just lets the talent do what they want now.  

As a Duke fan, I agree with this. Coach K been lost it. He just develops players but his coaching is nowhere near where it used to be

5 hours ago, hawkman said:

Barrett needs to be the man wherever he goes next. Honestly, he sort of reminds me of a more selfish Baze for some reason. If I had my choice, I'd rather go with Reddish or Zion at this point. I'm not convinced Barrett is the BPA available if those two are on the board when we pick.

I called him Bazemore right now with better in traffic ability and handles. Skills in general but his body needs works. Shooting needs a lot of work, this more advanced skills, needs to finish better in traffic without getting a head of steam, and needs more sizzle in general. Extremely skilled for his age at this level but is lacking a lot if we are talking NBA prospect. I think he could be special but needs a lot of development. 

Same for Zion and Reddish. All of them are far from finished products. Farrrr.... 

That said, Rui has developed nicely. I like his stretch 4 impact but I am not sold on him being a top 10 pick but he could get there by the end of the season. Overall, impressive matchup so early into the season. Usually it's worse than this at this stage. I feel like more eyes are watching than usual because of the Duke hype

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I called him Bazemore right now with better in traffic ability and handles. Skills in general but his body needs works. Shooting needs a lot of work, this more advanced skills, needs to finish better in traffic without getting a head of steam, and needs more sizzle in general. Extremely skilled for his age at this level but is lacking a lot if we are talking NBA prospect. I think he could be special but needs a lot of development. 

Same for Zion and Reddish. All of them are far from finished products. Farrrr.... 

That said, Rui has developed nicely. I like his stretch 4 impact but I am not sold on him being a top 10 pick but he could get there by the end of the season. Overall, impressive matchup so early into the season. Usually it's worse than this at this stage. I feel like more eyes are watching than usual because of the Duke hype

Unfourtanetly that’s what I was alluding to with my other post. Yesterday’s game just showed it. Barrett is a scorer but I don’t know if he actually makes others better. If he passes that ball off duke prolly goes to OT and there would be a different spin on this game. Zion is talented but can he shoot is the real question. He really is a man playing among boys but can he step up and knock down outside shots. I said questions about him would not get answered by what he does in college and I stand by that statement. Reddish has the traits yet lacks the cutthroat approach unlike his teammate K benched him and he’s arguably there best three point shooter has to become better defensively but he has the tools to be the best of the three. I side with KB in that reddish is the guy I would take. Rui is sneaky decent but his shooting is what’s holding him back. I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royjr9 said:

Unfourtanetly that’s what I was alluding to with my other post. Yesterday’s game just showed it. Barrett is a scorer but I don’t know if he actually makes others better. If he passes that ball off duke prolly goes to OT and there would be a different spin on this game. Zion is talented but can he shoot is the real question. He really is a man playing among boys but can he step up and knock down outside shots. I said questions about him would not get answered by what he does in college and I stand by that statement. Reddish has the traits yet lacks the cutthroat approach unlike his teammate K benched him and he’s arguably there best three point shooter has to become better defensively but he has the tools to be the best of the three. I side with KB in that reddish is the guy I would take. Rui is sneaky decent but his shooting is what’s holding him back. I

I'm struggling to see how Zion is going to fit within an offense at this point.  Almost everything he does comes in isolation, transition, or put backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I'm struggling to see how Zion is going to fit within an offense at this point.  Almost everything he does comes in isolation, transition, or put backs.

I can’t deny his talent but he’s a guy that is going to really show his perimeter game. He will go number one most likely though cause he is a beast. 

54 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ja Morant would make a great backup to Trae. Right now he's mocked early second round.

He'll probably be closer to the lottery by the end of the season though.  

BTW, I've been saying this of Duke's big three, Cam is the best fit for the Hawks.

He will get drafted late lottery.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, Royjr9 said:

Reddish has the tools but he is raw. Honestly, he is the 3rd option and still shell shocked. As much as R.J. is selfish, Cam can be as selfless as Otto Porter. Not sure if that's a positive. 

All of these guys have a lot of room to grow but out of everyone, R.J. was the most disappointing in Maui

22 hours ago, KB21 said:

He will get drafted late lottery.

I'll argue that in this draft, he could slip into the top 5 after workouts.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Reddish has the tools but he is raw. Honestly, he is the 3rd option and still shell shocked. As much as R.J. is selfish, Cam can be as selfless as Otto Porter. Not sure if that's a positive. 

All of these guys have a lot of room to grow but out of everyone, R.J. was the most disappointing in Maui

I'll argue that in this draft, he could slip into the top 5 after workouts.

Someone will take him. But in regards to reddish that’s the worry with him. That’s why I figure he and Trae would form a solid one two.