• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1 year ago, Bazemore was the most hated player on the Hawks

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
[edited to more clearly include weblinks and quote boxes. ~lw3]

Atlanta Hawks roundtable: Who will be the team’s best player in 2018-2019?

The future is the focus but what about 2018-19 only?

646045388.jpg.0.jpg Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images

In the dog days of August, fresh NBA content can be sparse but Peachtree Hoops cuts through the silence for an off-season roundtable series centering on the Atlanta Hawks. Part eight centers on finding Atlanta’s best player for ONLY the 2018-19 season.

• Brad Rowland - This is very difficult. I will go down with the ship in saying that Kent Bazemore was the team’s best player in 2017-18 and he very well might be the best player at this moment. With that said, both Taurean Prince and John Collins have higher ceilings, even within the confines of this season. Without much conviction, I’m going to say Collins makes the leap required to “win” this honor but it will likely be one of the three players listed here, even if Trae Young takes the headlines...
  • Jeff Siegel - It’s still Bazemore, though Collins will give him a run for his money. Given what we saw from Bazemore last year, it’s fair to expect that he’ll continue to make strides as a secondary playmaker and will continue to give the high level of effort defensively to which we’ve become accustomed.
  • Josh Lane - If Kent Bazemore is still on the team, then it is Kent. If not, I believe John Collins holds a slight edge over Taurean Prince...
  • Sam Meredith - My feelings on Kent Bazemore are well known so I’ll give this honor to him. His advanced shooting numbers and assists suggest a huge year is coming for him. It would not surprise me to see Baze in the All-Star game this season, but I am not predicting that...
  • Zach Hood - Kent Bazemore. Bazemore is a high-end shooter as well as a high-end defender, and I don’t think there’s another Hawk than can boast an elite skill on each end of the floor. Playing alongside a play-maker like Young should be a welcome change for all Hawks, and with spacing being preached religiously by Lloyd Pierce, I expect Bazemore to score more this season while maintaining his efficiency.

We've all been reminded, over and over, that this team is sadly lacking in talent and the coach and his staff either don't know what they are doing or they are deliberately going for the worst place finish this season.

Should they succeed and win the grand prize, #1 draft pick, they will be so accustomed to losing that they will continue to lose, for ever and ever.

However, Prince will be the best Hawk followed by Alex Len.

:cool:

Prince is one of those guys who feasts or famines based on coaching.  If he can maintain 12 shots a game but boost that percentage around .450 he’ll look damn good.  I don’t want him to revert back to logging empty minutes like he did the first half of last season.

• Premium Member

Baze as the best player in 2017-18??????....bunch a jack legs, especially Brad - his love for Muscala was annoying and irrational.

Baze was our most consistant player last season, I give him that. When you compare his 2016-17 season to last season, then yeah - he'll look like the best player since his numbers the previous year were all kinda HORRID.

Baze started last season needing to attach an asset to dump his contract, by the trade deadline, neutral value, by the end of the season, talk of getting an actual asset. So considering where he started vs where his value is today - Good for the Hawks.

Best Player though? In what universe.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze as the best player in 2017-18??????....bunch a jack legs, especially Brad - his love for Muscala was annoying and irrational.

Baze was our most consistant player last season, I give him that. When you compare his 2016-17 season to last season, then yeah - he'll look like the best player since his numbers the previous year were all kinda HORRID.

Baze started last season needing to attach an asset to dump his contract, by the trade deadline, neutral value, by the end of the season, talk of getting an actual asset. So considering where he started vs where his value is today - Good for the Hawks.

Best Player though? In what universe.

Wait, Brad said Gaze was best? Hmmm... ? 

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Me:  "Alex, let me get ( Things I'd Never Thought I'd Ever See )  . . for 800."

Alex:  "60% of Atlanta Hawks fans now think he's the best player on the team."

Me:  "Who is KENT BAZEMORE?"

Alex:  "Correct"

• Like 1