• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dedmon goes down, Len must step up

thecampster

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hawks-center-dewayne-dedmon-suffers-180302765.html

At the time most players are going hard in the gym to get their bodies and game in shape for the start of training camp, Hawks’ big man Dewayne Dedmon has suffered a setback.

Atlanta announced Dedmon suffered an avulsion fracture to his left ankle.

Dewayne Dedmon sustained a left ankle injury during a workout last week. An X-ray and MRI revealed an avulsion fracture. He will be re-evaluated in one week.

An avulsion fracture is where a strain to ligament pulls a little bit of bone off where the two connect. It sounds bad, but it’s not considered serious, and rest often is all that’s needed.

The severity of the injury can vary and people can be sidelined from a few weeks to months, depending upon how it heals. Meaning Dedmon could be ready to go at the start of training camp, or could be slowed through some or most of it.

• Premium Member

The importance of Dedmon is more likely as trade deadline bait than anything else. I think Len was already destined for significant minutes, if that can be said for anyone at the C position. As long as Dedmon gets back by January, it's all good.

• Like 2

I'm confused as to what this has to do with Jeremy L .... ohhhhhh, ya'll said Len.

Heh, I was wide open on the break that time but the pass squoze (yes, "squoze") right between my hands.  Good thing that's technically a turnover on the passer, not on me. *whew*  At least I didn't go full-Dekker and bounce the ball off my nose.

• Like 3

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh.  guess i should read all the posts first...

Its no thing.  Just started to type "Dedmon" then said "nah...I'll do my first post calling him Dewayne and macdaddy will get it!"

• Like 1