• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am now rooting for Trae Young

Sothron

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They say this in 2k a lot but when you have a guy like Trae willing to pass the ball ahead (sounds easy but ego gets in the way) it starts something really pretty out on the court. We might be the most exciting surprising teams out there.

Sorry on 2k one of the guys..Brent or Clark usually say you know you have something special when a point guard pitches the ball ahead.

• Like 1

• Admin
59 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t ❤️ this more. Nash doesn’t usually tend to praise players. I guess it’s the Canadian way eh ? @capstone21 ? I kid I kid! Got you this week in fantasy boy I hope it’s a nice close match!

?? 

I have a bad feeling I am going to get destroyed... I really liked my team after the draft but it hasn’t panned out so far

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I have a bad feeling I am going to get destroyed... I really liked my team after the draft but it hasn’t panned out so far

You got a strong qb in Ryan and 2 awesome running backs in Hunt and Fournette...I dunno man your team could put up points in a hurry. Going running back strong in the draft usually works for the most part. Good luck ?!

• Admin
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You got a strong qb in Ryan and 2 awesome running backs in Hunt and Fournette...I dunno man your team could put up points in a hurry. Going running back strong in the draft usually works for the most part. Good luck ?!

Except when they are sucking it up and/or hurt!!  Ryan is just a stop gate until Wentz is playing again (I know he is supposed to be coming back this week but I need to make sure he is back to himself first).

14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Except when they are sucking it up and/or hurt!!  Ryan is just a stop gate until Wentz is playing again (I know he is supposed to be coming back this week but I need to make sure he is back to himself first).

Oh nice you got Carson eh I like it. Jarvis Landry the x ? ? came through for you last night. Good start out of the gate!

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More info:

On the roster are veteran Jeremy Lin and first-round draft pick Trae Young. Lin is coming back from a ruptured patella tendon of the right knee suffered in the season-opening game with the Nets last season. Young was the No. 5 overall pick in this year’s draft, a significant investment by the Hawks in the position.

“Competition, that’s the beauty,” Pierce said when asked who might be the starter with training camp beginning next week.

Pierce said Lin has been in Atlanta for about a month and participating in open gym workouts, where the coaching staff can watch play but not instruct.

In addition to Lin recovering from a significant injury, Young only turned 20 this week. Pierce said he has spoken to both guards. The message to Lin was to be part of the team, grow himself and grow Young.

Young was also non-committal when asked about who should start.

“We’ll just wait and see what happens,” Young told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in August. “I don’t get caught up in all of that. I know I’m going to get a chance to play and do what I do on the court. I just need to control what I can control.”

• Admin
On 9/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

Oh nice you got Carson eh I like it. Jarvis Landry the x ? ? came through for you last night. Good start out of the gate!

Well congrats Fitzmagic strikes again.  Three weeks and I am already out of it.  Looks like I am done already ... 0-3

worst part is I have a better score then everyone else

25 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Well congrats Fitzmagic strikes again.  Three weeks and I am already out of it.  Looks like I am done already ... 0-3

worst part is I have a better score then everyone else

Oh man... I don’t ? I’ve ever been in that close of a matchup by .8 are you kidding me.... that’s just nuts. I think I have to give you the ?  tennis ? players do when it’s a net ball winner. I don’t think you are out of it though, you string together a few in a row and ur back in it. Good game ?  

• Moderators
On 9/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, bleachkit said:

Is there anything more overrated than who is "starting" in basketball? What matters is minutes, not who's technically on the court at tip off.

To the fans and the coaches this maybe true but to the players, especially young guys, it makes the difference of millions of dollars in free agency.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

When Trae Young arrived in Atlanta, head coach Lloyd Pierce gave him a book as a gift: "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell.

"There's so much time that we spend throughout an NBA season where you're on the road, or your'e on the bus, or you're in your hotel room," Pierce said. "The whole goal was to, as young men, find ways to occupy your time. How do you get better? It's not just by being in the gym all the time. How do you get better as a person? How do you get educated about other things?"

In the book, Gladwell discussed the backstories of some of the world's most famous prodigies, looking for the factors that led to their success. Of course, innate talent was a huge factor. But Gladwell argued that two other factors figured even more prominently.

The first was an inordinate amount of practice. The second, oppurtunity.

Trae's infatuation with basketball kicked into overdrive. Suddenly, being a great shooter wasn't enough. He wanted to be a great ballhandler and a great passer, too. Rayford said that Trae would go into the garage and work on various drills designed to improve his speed. He would jump rope to the point of exhaustion. He also came up with a clever trick to develop his ballhandling.

"I would go in the garage in the dark, turn off all the lights and just dribble in the dark in the garage with my ball," Trae said.

Pierce said that Trae's immersion into the game helped take him to where he is now. It was a work of devotion fueled by talent, hard work and opportunity

• Like 2