• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Know It's Early But.. AD???

sillent

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh, @macdaddy can't count to 2, obv.

In fairness, I think @macdaddy was thinking he wasn't a current supermax and would presumably be refusing to resign with NO so that he would be more like Cousins in Sacramento where he refused to engage on a supermax deal with them and forced a trade.

22 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

It is preposterous to think that a player would pass on a super max contract in a winning situation to join a lottery team for less money.

Exactly! I forgot to add that we make the playoffs and the Pelicans don't.

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Different year, same dream.  

It seems most players don't care for the Super Max that much. They'll still get the max that another team can offer though.

If traded, they can't get the 'Super Max' only a team that drafts a player can give the Super max.  Kawhi won't get his, he knew this but still wanted out of SAS.

Celts can't trade for AD, they can't have two Super Max traded players, they already have Kyrie.

If AD passes on his Super Max from NOP, he'll go to LAL if he becomes a FA. Most likely NOP will move him before that happens.

He won't be seen as one of the greatest players if he goes to L.A... Unlike KD going to an obvious championship team A.D. has a chance to be the final piece to make us a championship team. Everybody (most here) is/are hoping for tanking but we are going to shock the world this year. Which I guess getting AD will shock the world next year on top of a ring. Get ready to see us shocking the world for years to come. Well let me say the next 2-3yrs. After that the world shouldn't be so shocked.

There is no rookie that will be more of an impact than us being a new, young, exciting team that makes the playoffs and are competitive. Free Agents will take notice. New arena, new team (organization), young/exciting team that will only get better.

Trae Youngwill eventually be our starting PG for years to come.

Deandre Bembry/ Kevin Huerter will hold down the SG position for the near and distant future.

Taurean Prince will/should be solidified for SF on our team for a good while.

John Collins pretty much in the same boat as Prince and the crowd as far as being our PF for a while.

Alex Len is a good piece but AD is that piece to put us over the edge and I think he will definitely be paying attention to that this year. Especially if we soar as the Pelicans go south. King of the East, proven MVP, young stars/talent surrounding him, defensive team/coach that is also an offensive powerhouse. Before the end of this year it will be a no brainer to take less money and best of all unlike Kevin Durant he will unquestionably be the sure fire piece that puts us over the top.

Unless we get a #1 type Center (Unicorn) in the draft like a Mo Bamba anyone we pick will be replacing a player on the team that should be a worthwhile starter and mainstay. If we win and make the playoffs Mavericks may still do enough (or not) to get us a great pick and the Cavs look to be playing into our hands as well being good but not good enough. I heard somebody make a comment about math on the post and I think that's what alot of us are missing. 

We can only pay so many players before we have to start losing and getting rid f some to keep the math/numbers intact. If we get 3 more lottery picks/near lottery picks that means some of our young players will no longer keep their position. Even worst we'll have to decide who do we keep and who do we let go to see thrive and get even better on an opposing team like the Thunder has had to do for almost the last decade now. 

Harden, Ibaka, (Jeff Green), (Reggie Jackson), Durant. If they were magically able to keep all of those DRAFTED players along with the team currently constructed. They'd be the WARRIORS!!! We can't draft, draft, draft and hope everybody takes pay cuts. The players we have now especially Young, Prince and Collins have allstar to superstar potential. I honestly still can't sleep on Bembry or Huerter either and hopefully both can stay healthy. Spellman I still believe will be better than Draymond Green and Alex Len and Dorsey definitely need a longer look as well.

All in all we are not that far off which I believe we will show the league this yr. and a couple of Free Agents with guys like Anthony Davis being at the top of the list. If we make it and they don't I promise the grass will seem much greener over here and it will be a more noble move for a greatest player/MVP candidate. It's a Win- Win for both parties if we go further than his team this year. The East is wide open and don't get it mistaken alot of the good/great players are taking notice. 

Not to mention we are the new Hollywood and have plenty of other good qualities going for us. Even though he's older who would've thought Vince was coming. People and players see the A differently these days. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, sillent said:

Exactly! I forgot to add that we make the playoffs and the Pelicans don't.

He won't be seen as one of the greatest players if he goes to L.A... Unlike KD going to an obvious championship team A.D. has a chance to be the final piece to make us a championship team. Everybody (most here) is/are hoping for tanking but we are going to shock the world this year. Which I guess getting AD will shock the world next year on top of a ring. Get ready to see us shocking the world for years to come. Well let me say the next 2-3yrs. After that the world shouldn't be so shocked.

There is no rookie that will be more of an impact than us being a new, young, exciting team that makes the playoffs and are competitive. Free Agents will take notice. New arena, new team (organization), young/exciting team that will only get better.

Trae Youngwill eventually be our starting PG for years to come.

Deandre Bembry/ Kevin Huerter will hold down the SG position for the near and distant future.

Taurean Prince will/should be solidified for SF on our team for a good while.

John Collins pretty much in the same boat as Prince and the crowd as far as being our PF for a while.

Alex Len is a good piece but AD is that piece to put us over the edge and I think he will definitely be paying attention to that this year. Especially if we soar as the Pelicans go south. King of the East, proven MVP, young stars/talent surrounding him, defensive team/coach that is also an offensive powerhouse. Before the end of this year it will be a no brainer to take less money and best of all unlike Kevin Durant he will unquestionably be the sure fire piece that puts us over the top.

Unless we get a #1 type Center (Unicorn) in the draft like a Mo Bamba anyone we pick will be replacing a player on the team that should be a worthwhile starter and mainstay. If we win and make the playoffs Mavericks may still do enough (or not) to get us a great pick and the Cavs look to be playing into our hands as well being good but not good enough. I heard somebody make a comment about math on the post and I think that's what alot of us are missing. 

We can only pay so many players before we have to start losing and getting rid f some to keep the math/numbers intact. If we get 3 more lottery picks/near lottery picks that means some of our young players will no longer keep their position. Even worst we'll have to decide who do we keep and who do we let go to see thrive and get even better on an opposing team like the Thunder has had to do for almost the last decade now. 

Harden, Ibaka, (Jeff Green), (Reggie Jackson), Durant. If they were magically able to keep all of those DRAFTED players along with the team currently constructed. They'd be the WARRIORS!!! We can't draft, draft, draft and hope everybody takes pay cuts. The players we have now especially Young, Prince and Collins have allstar to superstar potential. I honestly still can't sleep on Bembry or Huerter either and hopefully both can stay healthy. Spellman I still believe will be better than Draymond Green and Alex Len and Dorsey definitely need a longer look as well.

All in all we are not that far off which I believe we will show the league this yr. and a couple of Free Agents with guys like Anthony Davis being at the top of the list. If we make it and they don't I promise the grass will seem much greener over here and it will be a more noble move for a greatest player/MVP candidate. It's a Win- Win for both parties if we go further than his team this year. The East is wide open and don't get it mistaken alot of the good/great players are taking notice. 

Not to mention we are the new Hollywood and have plenty of other good qualities going for us. Even though he's older who would've thought Vince was coming. People and players see the A differently these days. 

This is a Grey Mule post on steroids!!!

• Like 3

Antman is a historic talent but there’s just something off about his intangibles.  Like KD I think he’d rather shy away from having to be “the man” on his team.   I don’t like his stroke from three or his increased frequency (1-8 this preseason). Embiid’s is much smoother and has a pump and drive that Davis doesn’t.

The Pelicans’ roster is mediocre at best.  When they’re struggling to stay above the playoff line the league will have to band together and keep him out of Boston.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Antman is a historic talent but there’s just something off about his intangibles.  Like KD I think he’d rather shy away from having to be “the man” on his team.   I don’t like his stroke from three or his increased frequency (1-8 this preseason). Embiid’s is much smoother and has a pump and drive that Davis doesn’t.

The Pelicans’ roster is mediocre at best.  When they’re struggling to stay above the playoff line the league will have to band together and keep him out of Boston.

You read earlier on the thread that they have to get rid of Kyrie if they want AD, right?  Seems to lower the risk of that happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You read earlier on the thread that they have to get rid of Kyrie if they want AD, right?  Seems to lower the risk of that happening.

Buy lottery tickets today, ladies and gentlemen, something weird's going on.  AH actually made a salient point.

Seriously though, I saw a report that Kyrie and Davis were supposedly trying to play together in BOS.  It's like folks don't do their homework before they make up these stories.

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I'm still not all-in on Embiid.  Still runs like he's about to fall apart.  I still expect him to have an injury-plagued existence.  It's not like he's losing weight.

I had similar feelings as you with regards to Davis based on him re-signing with NOP early.  However, his switch to Lebron's agent tells me he's heading to LAL.  Or atleast is heading out of New Orleans.  If that happens, yikes for the Pelicans staying in NO.  #SeattleBound