• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Know It's Early But.. AD???

sillent

If we do make it to the playoffs and are competitive I can see Anthony Davis coming over as a free agent. He sees a team where we have a possible star and distributor at the guard position. Good young bigs like Collins, Spellman and Len. Defensive and offensive wings in Prince, Bembry, Baze??, Huerter?, Dorsey. Anthony Davis can see himself as the missing link. What do Y'all Think???

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sillent said:

If we do make it to the playoffs and are competitive I can see Anthony Davis coming over as a free agent. He sees a team where we have a possible star and distributor at the guard position. Good young bigs like Collins, Spellman and Len. Defensive and offensive wings in Prince, Bembry, Baze??, Huerter?, Dorsey. Anthony Davis can see himself as the missing link. What do Y'all Think???

We are definitely #1 on his list! Heck he might take less money to come here which is essentially what he would have to do since he is eligable for the super max!:blink:

The East is up for grabs with Giannis and Kawai being the best players on this side. Anthony Davis would be in instant contention of being MVP on the East. We have a young up and coming team and just so happen to only truly have a hole at star center. If he sees himself as the missing piece to take us over the top I think he would love to do it. I think he'd enjoy playing with our young core and coach and he'd know we can contend with The Celtics, Raptors, 76ers. All this depends on if we make the playoffs and are competitive but I think we can do and be just that. Good thing is we may still have a low pick if Dallas doesn't progress fast enough and Cavaliers may not be good enough or bad which should work in our favor. Even if our pick isn't as low as expected that means Trae/(Lin) , Bembry/(Baze)/Dorsey/Huerter , Prince/(Vince)/Anderson, Collins/Spellman/(Pothress), (Dedmon)/Len/(Plumlee)/(Robinson)?? Trae, Bembry, Prince , Collins and Anthony Davis would be a young starting lineup that teams wouldn't want to mess with and even if Huerter eventually takes Bembry's place at starter you have Bembry, Dorsey, Anderson, Spellman and Len coming off the bench which would make us deep and still young coming off the bench. That's not including whatever 3 rookies we pick which I'm sure, if Schlenk track records proceeds him will be pretty good picks. This offseason could be the start of our dynasty and it starts with playing hard and sirprising the league. This isn't the Hawks of old. If players see this young yeam take off they would love to cometo the A and hop aboard! Again this isn't the Hawks of old.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We are definitely #1 on his list! Heck he might take less money to come here which is essentially what he would have to do since he is eligable for the super max!:blink:

https://goo.gl/images/4RftIo

You’re one of the smarter posters so I feel like you’re being sarcastic but then again you are also a very optimistic poster so then I feel like you may actually be serious (which I find laughable) but if you are serious please please please enlighten me on why you believe Davis has the hawks number one on his list? Assuming you believe that anyways.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

https://goo.gl/images/4RftIo

You’re one of the smarter posters so I feel like you’re being sarcastic but then again you are also a very optimistic poster so then I feel like you may actually be serious (which I find laughable) but if you are serious please please please enlighten me on why you believe Davis has the hawks number one on his list? Assuming you believe that anyways.

Of course its sarcasm

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

It is preposterous to think that a player would pass on a super max contract in a winning situation to join a lottery team for less money.

Shit I’m out of likes but yes agreed lol

We're a year away from these types of things being viable for us.  Rayford has to show himself well this year for it to happen.

On AD, it's no coincidence he signed with Lebron's "agent".  Once he turns down the supermax from NO, look for them to trade him shortly thereafter.

How will Lonzo and ThIngram look in NO jerseys?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Different year, same dream.  

It seems most players don't care for the Super Max that much. They'll still get the max that another team can offer though.

If traded, they can't get the 'Super Max' only a team that drafts a player can give the Super max.  Kawhi won't get his, he knew this but still wanted out of SAS.

Celts can't trade for AD, they can't have two Super Max traded players, they already have Kyrie.

If AD passes on his Super Max from NOP, he'll go to LAL if he becomes a FA. Most likely NOP will move him before that happens.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It seems most players don't care for the Super Max that much. They'll still get the max that another team can offer though.

If traded, they can't get the 'Super Max' only a team that drafts a player can give the Super max.  Kawhi won't get his, he knew this but still wanted out of SAS.

Celts can't trade for AD, they can't have two Super Max traded players, they already have Kyrie.

If AD passes on his Super Max from NOP, he'll go to LAL if he becomes a FA. Most likely NOP will move him before that happens.

Interesting.  I didn't know this provision.

Totally agree NO should trade AD once he turns down the super-max (which I expect him to do).  However, I think they'll try to hang onto him thinking they can change his mind ... and it'll be a colossal mistake.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand this.  What makes them a super max player if they turned down the super max?

• Moderators

Love that Boston will have to get rid of Kyrie if they want to make a play for AD.  Easy choice between them for me but Boston can only jettison their face of the franchise so many times before players will start balking.

• Like 1