• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Ranked #24 In Drama By ESPN

kg01

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Didn't think this deserved it's own thread.  As a future mod, those are considerations I have to take into account but I digress ...

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24932455/nba-season-preview-ranking-teams-their-2018-19-drama-factor#!years_drama-covers_23

drama-covers-24.jpg&h=800&cquality=80

❤️ it. Second best poster of all time behind the Bo Jackson black n blue!

• Moderators

No. 24: Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks don't want 6-foot-2 Trae Young to compare himself to Steph Curry -- despite the fact that his new GM, Travis Schlenk, used to work for the Warriors and chose to trade Luka Doncic, the best Euro prospect ever, for Young, the fifth overall pick in June. Good luck! No, seriously -- good luck: Young shot 27 percent from 3 in summer league. --P.S.T.

The Quote: "He blew up and got national recognition because of the shooting, but to us, his best asset today is his passing." --Travis Schlenk on Young, to CBS Sports

The Number: 36% (Young's 3-point percentage in his final college year, compared to Curry's 38.7%)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24949922/high-noon-pablo-torre-bomani-jones-preview-2018-19-nba-season-dramas

When they saw how John Collins athletic assets were going to waste with Dennis I don't need you to score Schröder they decided to take it in a direction they were intending to go anyway with finding the next Steph, Klay and Draymond. The good thing about looking for and finding the next is that they are usually better than their comparisons ala Prince and DMC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

It deserved more attention than getting buried in a thread about team predictions.

Welp.  I suppose I have to agree with you that everything I post deserves the maximum amount of attention.

Speaking of deserving attention, somebody at Golf Digest is doing his homework ...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/why-the-atlanta-hawks-will-be-one-of-the-nbas-most-fun-teams-to-watch-hint-trae-young

Someday, there may be books written about the NBA draft night trade that resulted in 5th pick Trae Young going to Atlanta and 3rd pick Luka Doncic winding up in Dallas. The general consensus is that the Mavericks wound up with the better player, a versatile European player who will emerge as the face of the team with Dirk Nowitzki in his final season. But Young, who is often compared to two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry, has a chance to be something special as well. And at the very least, there's no chance he won't be one of the league's most entertaining players.

Alex Myers ... you've earned at least 1 new fan today.  Congrats.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sillent said:

When they saw how John Collins athletic assets were going to waste with Dennis I don't need you to score Schröder they decided to take it in a direction they were intending to go anyway with finding the next Steph, Klay and Draymond. The good thing about looking for and finding the next is that they are usually better than their comparisons ala Prince and DMC.

Hope I'm wrong but it's not looking like Huerter is the next Klay.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I have similar feelings, especially considering we could've (should've) had a monster like Okogie with that pick.

However, gotta remember this is basically his summer league.  Bad thing is it's coming against many guys who'll actually make the league.  Give him time.

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Here’s what annoys me about this. The tone that there is a big gap between the two.

Does anyone here know the difference in math between 36% and 38.7% ?

For every 33.33 three point attempts Trae made 12 and Steph made just under 13.

not that far off,

But then you realize that their “final year” in college was Trae’s freshman year versus Stephs SENIOR year.

And to add on top of that, people criticize Trae because his numbers fell off against the Big12 conference play (which is also an overblown misconception) but forget that Steph Curry played for Davidson against absolutely nobody.

Now, full objectivity, Steph Curry is obviously one of the best basketball players on the planet. But to pretend that he was that much better of a PROSPECT at 22 than a 19 year old Trae is just asinine and lazy reporting.

I don’t like to compare the 2 but if you are going to do it you have to be completely unbiased and realized that what Trae did as a freshman against better competition was far more impressive than what Steph did at Davidson as an upperclassmen

Good points ^^^^

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He'll probably be better than Klay but it's like watching a baby right now he's so green. Let him develop and get comfortable and than the judgement can get a lot clearer.    

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Here’s what annoys me about this. The tone that there is a big gap between the two.

not that far off,

But then you realize that their “final year” in college was Trae’s freshman year versus Stephs SENIOR year.

And to add on top of that, people criticize Trae because his numbers fell off against the Big12 conference play (which is also an overblown misconception) but forget that Steph Curry played for Davidson against absolutely nobody.

Now, full objectivity, Steph Curry is obviously one of the best basketball players on the planet. But to pretend that he was that much better of a PROSPECT at 22 than a 19 year old Trae is just asinine and lazy reporting.

I don’t like to compare the 2 but if you are going to do it you have to be completely unbiased and realized that what Trae did as a freshman against better competition was far more impressive than what Steph did at Davidson as an upperclassmen

Stephen Curry's rise to basketball superstardom is one of the incredible and unlikely occurrences in the history of the NBA. There is really no basis of comparison for any prospect. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

So you're on the record saying Huerter will be better than Klay?

Lol. I dont buy he'll be better than Klay, but I do like Huerter better than he's shown so far. If I had to bet, spot starter level, like Wayne Ellington?

12 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

not that far off,

F Steph Curry I bury that cockaroach!