• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Morey loves Jimmy

Spud2nique

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think he was waiting for the Oct 31st deadline to reach for other teams to then be able to trade guys to Minnesota.

As I've said from the beginning, I think he has no intention of trading Jimi and he's trying to drag his feet long enough to screw things up.

Sadly (for Wolves fans), I think it's more likely that he'll get fired, undermine the young guys and derail any momentum they had.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What is Thibs up to now?

I honestly don't know what is real or what is a work from the front office at this point. The owner is telling teams to send him personally trade offers. Thibs by some reports is trying to get fired so he can sit at home and get paid. The TWolves have never had this kind of anarchy in franchise history.

I would like them to get the best deal for Butler and trade his sorry ass out the door. If Thibs wants to go then he go as well.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly don't know what is real or what is a work from the front office at this point. The owner is telling teams to send him personally trade offers. Thibs by some reports is trying to get fired so he can sit at home and get paid. The TWolves have never had this kind of anarchy in franchise history.

I would like them to get the best deal for Butler and trade his sorry ass out the door. If Thibs wants to go then he go as well.

As best I can tell from listening to various eggsperts on NBARadio, the owner went over Thibs' head and told the Board of Governors (IIUC) to give him trade offers.  Thibs was "playing ball" as if he was on board but, when the offers came in, he basically looked at each one and demanded more.  Enough "more" to make each trade not doable by the other side.

Long story long, it does indeed sound like he's playing games.

Isola, who is tight with Thibs, keeps saying that Thibs and Jimi are on the same page throughout.  Suggested they are trying to force the owner to agree to give Jimi the 5-year max.

If I were a twolve fan, I'd want both of them gone.  The net result of all this is an alienation of the guys they plan on leading the franchise going forward.

• Premium Member

The money was never an issue. They were going to give Butler a super max to stay after this season. According to Butler, he told Thibs in last year's season ending exit interviews he wanted to be traded. And kept telling Thibs he wanted to be traded.

Then the fiasco started. I do think Thibs doesn't want to trade him. I don't think Butler wants to stay. I know Taylor, the owner, has said more than once to send him the trade offers. There's no stability whatsoever with this situation. Purging Butler from the roster is more important to me than the actual return at this point.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As best I can tell from listening to various eggsperts on NBARadio, the owner went over Thibs' head and told the Board of Governors (IIUC) to give him trade offers.  Thibs was "playing ball" as if he was on board but, when the offers came in, he basically looked at each one and demanded more.  Enough "more" to make each trade not doable by the other side.

Long story long, it does indeed sound like he's playing games.

Isola, who is tight with Thibs, keeps saying that Thibs and Jimi are on the same page throughout.  Suggested they are trying to force the owner to agree to give Jimi the 5-year max.

If I were a twolve fan, I'd want both of them gone.  The net result of all this is an alienation of the guys they plan on leading the franchise going forward.

I did not think that was ever an issue. It was the timing. After extending Wighins, they didn't have the funds to do it this season.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The money was never an issue. They were going to give Butler a super max to stay after this season. According to Butler, he told Thibs in last year's season ending exit interviews he wanted to be traded. And kept telling Thibs he wanted to be traded.

Then the fiasco started. I do think Thibs doesn't want to trade him. I don't think Butler wants to stay. I know Taylor, the owner, has said more than once to send him the trade offers. There's no stability whatsoever with this situation. Purging Butler from the roster is more important to me than the actual return at this point.

I read about Butler telling Thibs he wanted out navk then too. Thibs didn't take it seriously I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did not think that was ever an issue. It was the timing. After extending Wighins, they didn't have the funds to do it this season.

The "max" wasn't the issue IIUC.  They weren't ever giving him the 5th year. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The "max" wasn't the issue IIUC.  They weren't ever giving him the 5th year. 

They were going to offer  him the super max to stay. That includes all years. Both Taylor and Thibs were going to pay him whatever to stay. Butler is the one that has wanted out since about half way through last season if the Minn local sources are to be believed.