• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Serious question about the Farm

thecampster

Yes, I'm claiming "The Farm".   So serious question. Anyone else whose been down to the new stadium have a terrible concessions experience? 

I waited in line over 10 minutes to be told I'd have to wait 15 more minutes for a hot dog or pizza.  The was the shortest line and this was middle of the 2nd quarter. I almost missed the entire quarter. Went back later hoping it would be better and got a cold, boiled hot dog and some flimsy thing resembling baked vomit. Both times at the stand, no pepperoni available at a place that only sells 3 things...hot dogs, cheese and pepperoni pizza.

• Like 1

Yes, I had a similar experience.  There did not seem to be enough concession stands.  The lines were ridiculously long.  Love the prices but who has time to stand in such long lines.  They need to increase the number of concessions stands, however, there seemed to be plenty of places to buy alcohol. Get them intoxicated and they will love the game, win or lose. Go figure...

• Like 2

Hmmm well good to know ! I haven’t had an opportunity to get to a home game yet but glad to know about this horrible service so I can lower my expectations! (I hate a bad surprise)

....and Not that this matters but the concessions in the Mercedes Benz Stadium are damn awesome! Fast, Cheap, and good! I recommend trying the sausage chicken if you ever go!

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hmmm well good to know ! I haven’t had an opportunity to get to a home game yet but glad to know about this horrible service so I can lower my expectations! (I hate a bad surprise)

....and Not that this matters but the concessions in the Mercedes Benz Stadium are damn awesome! Fast, Cheap, and good! I recommend trying the sausage chicken if you ever go!

Delia's is great. One of the best Atlanta places in general. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Same experience here.  Lines for decent food were way too long and finally just said let's get a hot dog and they were OUT OF HOT DOGS!  WTF!  I missed most of the 3rd quarter. 

And remember this? 

DjCnmiLX0AIrmr5.jpg

I asked 3 different people where the $5 beer was and they looked at me like I was crazy.   One of the guys selling beer in the stands said he had the cheapest in the building at $8.   

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hmm ? I’m gonna day this was the initial and not final plan of attack on the belly. #stopeatingtrashdaddy @kg01 Come here and see what our wiener eatin friend....well ate. ? 

For the record I had fries for dinner and a water.   It was pretty embarrassing opening night from a concessions point of view.   BBQ sandwich upstairs was something like $16.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

For the record I had fries for dinner and a water.   It was pretty embarrassing opening night from a concessions point of view.   BBQ sandwich upstairs was something like $16.  

Maaaan that’s expensive. Same with trying to get a bottle of water at the SAP center in San Jose Lakers/Warriors preseason.

I got to the game early on Saturday (6:15 PM), so no line.  However, the dogs were cold and the beer was warm. I sent a complaint into the complaint system via the Hawks App.  They really need better concession management. 

The arena itself is really nice, and overall was a good game experience. Concession have to improve though

• Like 1

I've had no issues finding 5 dollar beers....its only the 12 oz domestics that are 5. Most vendors sell the domestic IPAs for 10. Goose Island IPA is 10, anyways. It was 12 last year. And 10 bucks for what is essentially two IPAs is honestly less than you would pay in a bar. 

As far as food is concerned, unfortunately I've only bought food at the club level. It does seem a bit unorganized, but that's any new establishment and the folks the brought in don't seem to have much training. I haven't had any issues with lines or anything like that. 

Just now, mcleitsy said:

I've had no issues finding 5 dollar beers....its only the 12 oz domestics that are 5. Most vendors sell the 25oz domestic IPAs for 10. Goose Island IPA is 10, anyways. It was 12 last year. And 10 bucks for what is essentially two IPAs is honestly less than you would pay in a bar. 

As far as food is concerned, unfortunately I've only bought food at the club level. It does seem a bit unorganized, but that's any new establishment and the folks the brought in don't seem to have much training. I haven't had any issues with lines or anything like that. 

Edited for clarity. The 10 dollar beers are 25 oz, not 12. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

I've had no issues finding 5 dollar beers....its only the 12 oz domestics that are 5. Most vendors sell the domestic IPAs for 10. Goose Island IPA is 10, anyways. It was 12 last year. And 10 bucks for what is essentially two IPAs is honestly less than you would pay in a bar. 

Edited for clarity. The 10 dollar beers are 25 oz, not 12. 

For other people's benefit, is there a particular place you got the $5 beers?  Sounds like if they are available, some Squawks haven't been able to find them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

For other people's benefit, is there a particular place you got the $5 beers?  Sounds like if they are available, some Squawks haven't been able to find them.

I grabbed them on the way in outside of 105 near the CNN deck on Saturday night. I also can find them near 117/118. That's kind of how Mercedes Benz is too. I've yet to find the cheap beer there and I've been to 20 or so ATL UTD games and have yet to do so. All I find is the 16 oz hopsecutioner for 9 bucks and 8 dollar 16 oz miller light.

But everywhere has the 10 dollar Goose Island cans in Phillips from what I can tell. I've grabbed those all over. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Let's caulk it up to growing pains in the new arena.  They'll figure it out.

That's what I figured, so I was patient, the hungry kid wasn't though :biggrin:.

They should never be out of hotdogs though. Pizza I can understand.

• Like 1