• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official start Jeremy Lin Thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one was believing that Sexton was better than Trae a month ago, when Trae was eating his lunch.   As for the pressure getting to Trae, I agree.  But that's when the coach has to put personnel groupings in the game that can alleviate some of that pressure off of him.

What's not being said in the Trae struggles, is that this is more of an indictment on Pierce, than Trae.  Because it's just not Trae struggling.  It's the entire team.   The whole, "playing with pace" is garbage.   Because the teams that are at the top of the standings that are playing with pace, are also playing defense.   If you can't play defense, you must slow the game down.   They have to pick and choose when to run.  Running just to be running, is what is leading to all of those turnovers.

And all of those 3 point misses lead to long rebounds, which fuel 3 on 3 and 4 on 3 fast breaks for the other team.

Forget Trae adjusting, let's see if the coach can adjust.  If not, he won't be here past Christmas of next season . . . unless that's Schlenk's plan all along.

This, this all of this.

• Like 1

Does anyone even remember what it looks like for Trae to hit a three? Ice Trae is starting to be an apt nickname, but not in a good way.

Honest question: Does he hit these deep threes off the dribble in an empty gym? I’m trying to be patient, but I’ve seen no evidence that these are good shots.

I’m in the start Lin camp for now - see if Trae can get some confidence back coming off the bench and see if we can actually stay in some games.

• Like 1

And let's keep it real about Jeremy Lin.  He's only a temporary stop gap for this team.  He's not the future.  He's not even the immediate future.   If people want Jeremy to start, just so that we'll only lose by 15, instead of 25, then that doesn't get us anywhere.

I want to see how Prince's developmental plan will not only help Trae, but also Taurean, Baze, and Collins.  I also want to see if he'll start to shift the bulk of our offense toward our best player.  If that player happens to be Collins, then I want him to start putting up 20 shots a game, with plays being ran exclusively for him.

If the honeymoon is already over for Trae, it should be over for Pierce as well.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one was believing that Sexton was better than Trae a month ago, when Trae was eating his lunch.   As for the pressure getting to Trae, I agree.  But that's when the coach has to put personnel groupings in the game that can alleviate some of that pressure off of him.

What's not being said in the Trae struggles, is that this is more of an indictment on Pierce, than Trae.  Because it's just not Trae struggling.  It's the entire team.   The whole, "playing with pace" is garbage.   Because the teams that are at the top of the standings that are playing with pace, are also playing defense.   If you can't play defense, you must slow the game down.   They have to pick and choose when to run.  Running just to be running, is what is leading to all of those turnovers.

And all of those 3 point misses lead to long rebounds, which fuel 3 on 3 and 4 on 3 fast breaks for the other team.

Forget Trae adjusting, let's see if the coach can adjust.  If not, he won't be here past Christmas of next season . . . unless that's Schlenk's plan all along.

You said all of this but the system works with Lin. It's not working at all with Trae. If Trae is going to be a worst Dennis on defense, he needs to be better than Dennis on offense and is worse than what we get from Dennis on offense. He is the worst player on the team right now. No one is Hurting us more than him. Not even Prince. At least Prince is better when Lin is in the game. Trae is worse no matter if its Lin, the starters, the bench. 

Man, teams that have guards who can keep him out of the lane like Toronto and Boston, made him look like a G leaguer

You said all of this but the system works with Lin. It's not working at all with Trae. If Trae is going to be a worst Dennis on defense, he needs to be better than Dennis on offense and is worse than what we get from Dennis on offense. He is the worst player on the team right now. No one is Hurting us more than him. Not even Prince. At least Prince is better when Lin is in the game. Trae is worse no matter if its Lin, the starters, the bench. 

Man, teams that have guards who can keep him out of the lane like Toronto and Boston, made him look like a G leaguer

No words to describe the nonsense in this post. I said two weeks ago that is Pierce who is doing Trae a disservice. You really think the strategy of subbing out the starting five every few possessions is the best answer?

Pierce hasn't decided what this team is. The match ups and players who can give Trae the best shot at success aren't always on the floor together and the pace and space mantra sucks. The only thing I can say about last night was that Trae looked disinterested. That and his shot are on him. But g leaguers certainly aren't doing some of the things that Trae is doing so early in a ROOKIE season. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sexton is better. He playing at the same level on offense overall while being a superior defender. Maybe if Trae was on the Suns he would be doing better with a lot of talent but not with the Hawks. 

When you say superior are you meaning superior to Trae or nba average, because neither are that.  Both are turnstiles on the defensive end.

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sexton is better. He playing at the same level on offense overall while being a superior defender. Maybe if Trae was on the Suns he would be doing better with a lot of talent but not with the Hawks. 

For the evening he might have been but not for their careers and you know this man!

15 hours ago, GameTime said:

I want to see Jeremy get Trae easier spot up jumpers so he can see the ball go in the hoop. So bench Baze or Prince and keep Trae starting.

This is the one thing hurting Trae the most. I think it's the coaching staff's job to put out plays that will get him spot up jumpers. Dude is working his ass off to get his teammate open shots but no one is doing the same for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vdunkndunk said:

Honest question: Does he hit these deep threes off the dribble in an empty gym? I’m trying to be patient, but I’ve seen no evidence that these are good shots.

If this is how he looked in the second half of the college(!) season I really would like to know what impressed Schlenk in a workout.  His  label as both a high success and bust potential prospect was a crimson red flag but I’m too dumb to be a GM.  

43 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Dude is working his ass off to get his teammate open shots but no one is doing the same for him.

Watch Trae off the ball next game and see if he’s doing anything to relieve pressure or occupy the defense.  I might be missing somethin folk.

I told y’all Lin was gonna hoop though.  He got on the good foot quickly (115 ORating) with a simple approach of making sure he pressures the ball okay (1 steal in 18 min, pretty sure he has a handful of deflections), shoots efficiently from three now he’s got his legs (not jacking off shots because his .423 says he can), and instead bulldogging his way towards his trademark gaudy FT rate (.418).  Simple things that  bring value and are repeatable and dependable against NBA players.  

The obvious play is to allow Lin to start versus his old mate Kemba before Trae’s confidence takes another surefire major hit.  See if he can get any traction versus Parker, he can still play 25 minutes and even end the game if he’s playing well.  If Pierce doesn’t then the direction of this franchise becomes more apparent.  They’re ass.

18 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Watch Trae off the ball next game and see if he’s doing anything to relieve pressure or occupy the defense.  I might be missing somethin folk.

Is he being told to move without the ball?  I really don't know what this coaching staff is telling these guys.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bench Trae?  Smh

Has it been too long since you cried to bench Peyton Manning during his rough rookie season?  Let the kid develop and give him the time on the floor to do so.

Lin is unlikely to be seen in Atlanta after this season.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Bench Trae?  Smh

Has it been too long since you cried to bench Peyton Manning during his rough rookie season?  Let the kid develop and give him the time on the floor to do so.

Lin is unlikely to be seen in Atlanta after this season.

Oh, Trae will still get his minutes, but benching him may do more to get some confidence and rhythm going. No one here believes Lin is part of the future - so it would be designed to be short-lived. Pierce has already benched him several times this season for various things, maybe planting him there for a bit will allow Trae to manifest better habits in certain areas (like shot selection and defensive effort).

• 6 months later...