• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

Both years they lost to the eventual national champions.  They were better this year but it wasn't a black and white thing.

Not sure what sniffing anything means but no coach gets anywhere without good players.  How Beard does going forward will say a lot about him but he has already done a ton as far as upgrading that team's talent, including beyond Culver.  

Not sure if you are making the case that making the finals shows Culver is a better prospect but that seems questionable at best given that a lot of coaches do very well without guys who become great NBA players and teams with great NBA talent routinely come up short because of the NCAA one-and-done format.  (Duke this year makes that case, for example.)

I don’t know much about the coach and Supes kinda dragged me into the coach talk. As far as Culver, he’s a star.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know much about the coach and Supes kinda dragged me into the coach talk. As far as Culver, he’s a star.

I think the case for Culver depends very little on his performance in the last two games of the season.  It is what he showed for the rest of the year that will determine who takes him and where.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think the case for Culver depends very little on his performance in the last two games of the season.  It is what he showed for the rest of the year that will determine who takes him and where.

Well whatever you please but main point was I think he’s an elite level talent. He’s just got the nba build, the look and the drive to get to the next level and flourish.

Having said that nothing has changed for me from a month ago.

Cam/Culver/Clarke/Kabengele

I’m also not opposed to trading to the 3rd spot and grabbing RJ.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well whatever you please but main point was I think he’s an elite level talent. He’s just got the nba build, the look and the drive to get to the next level and flourish.

Having said that nothing has changed for me from a month ago.

Cam/Culver/Clarke/Kabengele

I’m also not opposed to trading to the 3rd spot and grabbing RJ.

I don't think he'll be on the board for us unless we trade up.  I'm skeptical we will do that because he and Huert seem incompatible at the wings but if we end up getting him then I'll hope I'm wrong on that last part.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Culver reminds me of Danny Granger. He has the physical tools to have a big impact on both sides of the ball, but will he be consistent? 

I'd be way more excited about Culver if he was 6'9'' like Granger.  That would fit like a glove with Trae and Huerter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think he'll be on the board for us unless we trade up.  I'm skeptical we will do that because he and Huert seem incompatible at the wings but if we end up getting him then I'll hope I'm wrong on that last part.

True.

Just now, AHF said:

I'd be way more excited about Culver if he was 6'9'' like Granger.  That would fit like a glove with Trae and Huerter.

Even with the small man shift in the league? I agree though that would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Culver reminds me of Danny Granger. He has the physical tools to have a big impact on both sides of the ball, but will he be consistent? 

That’s a good one I haven’t heard that one yet. I dig.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:04 PM, gurpilo said:

Gafford, Bazley, Samanic, Okeke and of course Fernando might be fantastic and cannot miss value at 2nd round

Will be quite surprised if Bruno makes it past our #17 and some have him going sooner so thinking the second round is out for him. I want him here whether its as a developing center or with  PF minutes as well. If he lands at the #17 I'll be surprised and very happy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Same could/should be said about Hunter yet folks keep taking the championship game and forgetting his rather middling season.  Which is more likely to reoccur?  Him fading into the background or him shining?

Not the happiest camper today. It seems like we might have to move up to get Cam or Hunter. Lakers are likely to flip 4 and Ball for 6 to WAS and Beal to NO would really rain on our parade. That said, Washington really like Nassir Little but we will see. I am hoping that this ain't true. I am hoping it's not. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not the happiest camper today. It seems like we might have to move up to get Cam or Hunter. Lakers are likely to flip 4 and Ball for 6 to WAS and Beal to NO would really rain on our parade. That said, Washington really like Nassir Little but we will see. I am hoping that this ain't true. I am hoping it's not. 

I'm confused....what's the trade again?

Wash doesn't have 6.  Did you mean 9?  And why would Wash trade from 9 to 4 to get Little when he's likely available at 9?  And what's NO giving up to get Beal?  

Just now, REHawksFan said:

I'm confused....what's the trade again?

Wash doesn't have 6.  Did you mean 9?  And why would Wash trade from 9 to 4 to get Little when he's likely available at 9?  And what's NO giving up to get Beal?  

PHX - 6th pick for Ball

LA - 4/6 for Beal

LA - Beal, BI, and future 1sts for AD

Best case is if it's Bulls pick instead. 

4/7 for Beal

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

PHX - 6th pick for Ball

LA - 4/6 for Beal

LA - Beal, BI, and future 1sts for AD

Best case is if it's Bulls pick instead. 

4/7 for Beal

So WAS would end up with 4, 6, AND 9?  Wow.  That's one way to jump start a rebuild I suppose.  

I really really hope NY Knicks get AD now. 

They got a 4 team deal where we get 

Both Dallas picks, 2021 1st (unprotected) and 2023 top 10 protected for #10. 

Washington gets #3, Frank N. and Solo Hill

New Orleans gets Beal, Mitchell Robinson, Knox and 2020 1st round pick.

Knicks get AD

Everyone wins this deal to me way more. The LA deal, Washington don't get a star. The Hawks don't get screwed. Everyone wins! 

Washington is listening to Beal offers and both teams have called. 

Also, the Hawks have called about AD as well. It's not anywhere near as strong as the others. Atlanta doesn't want to trade the farm for obvious reasons. Portland been aggressive as has Denver. 

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So WAS would end up with 4, 6, AND 9?  Wow.  That's one way to jump start a rebuild I suppose.  

Yep, they also got #3 and Frank offer. My guy said Washington wants a star to replace Beal so I would think Washington would choose the Barrett deal. 

I was told that New Orleans likes Robinson as well. Plus I am biased, I like the trade for the Hawks POV. I f***ed up the trade. 

New Orleans gets Beal, Mitchell Robinson, #10 and 2020 1st round pick (NYK). Knox was not in the trade from my guy. My bad. 

He said we offered future picks and current picks. 

He also said, teams have been sweeping the league for picks with bad contracts for expiring contracts.

Said, the Pelicans will get a home run deal. Unquestionable at this point. NY and LA are willing to do anything. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My bad everyone, it can be either Knox or Robinson. My apologizes 

AD said Mitchell can’t be included in the deal. He wants Robinson there with him. It was on NBA radio yesterday I think Isola, kg’s boy reported if I’m not mistaken.