• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae & Huerter - All Rookie

AHF

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Well, in fairness, Childress and JSmoove did the same back in the day.  IIRC they were sitting courtside at a playoff game with Woodson at the time.

At his exit interview, Trae mentioned that he'd attend playoff games while in OKC.  I'm glad he did it but it's kind of a common thing now.  That said, not all rookies do this so he gets kudos from me.

Ya man Trae has been a student since Rayford took him early on. But I don’t take this for granted because like you said a lot of players, specially the young guys would be on an island somewhere by now. Not saying Trae won’t take a vaca but he wants to be one of the greats and in doing so, he prepares for what’s coming next year for us..

THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, Spud2nique said:

Ya man Trae has been a student since Rayford took him early on. But I don’t take this for granted because like you said a lot of players, specially the young guys would be on an island somewhere by now. Not saying Trae won’t take a vaca but he wants to be one of the greats and in doing so, he prepares for what’s coming next year for us..

THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

The Trae at the playoffs image vs the image of Alphonso Ellis floating in a swimming pool drinking a hard one and talking about being underpaid and saying nothing of playoffs or his team. Trae is a different kind of Hawk. Trae is already talking about recruitment in the FA market and our future playoffs. He is a good face for us. Very much on the Trae train. 

Again I ask, before Trae got his 200 point, perfect score in selecting rookie of the year team, who was the last Atlanta Hawk to do this?  Any one know?  Or, has it ever happened before?

???

On 5/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, Gray Mule said:

Again I ask, before Trae got his 200 point, perfect score in selecting rookie of the year team, who was the last Atlanta Hawk to do this?  Any one know?  Or, has it ever happened before?

???

Al Horford was unanimous in 07-08 season.

Prior to Al, Stacey Augmon was the last 1st team All Rookie selection for Hawks but not sure if unanimous.  

Before Augmon it was Nique in 82-83.  

Here's a link to all of the All Rookie Teams

https://www.nba.com/history/awards/all-rookie-team

• Like 2

Seems that Trae is in very good company !  So proud of our three rookies from last season.  Hopefully,

we will have another great draft this summer and, like the Jefferson's, be "movin' on up!."

PS - Someone please awaken the sleeping Braves...

:ahf:

• Like 1

Iced Trae The Game was a no brainer but I’m surprised and impressed with the media selecting Kevin.  I didn’t know it was a global panel of sportscasters.  

He’s a floor game player first, defending Jimmy Butler well multiple times and posting a crazy 2:1 assist to turn as a mid usage rookie.  That isn’t usually sexy to voters.  His shot is just that pretty.  Odds are after jettisoning TP General Schlenk gonna post at least one, maybe two more All Rooks.  After coming out the gate with Johnny he’s quickly building a near Spurs-like record of draft value.

• Like 2

It’s interesting Trae said his toughest defender was Klay.  Not surprising, but it feels like he struggled most against Boston so I would’ve expected Smart.  Or at least another PG.  He said Kawhi second.  Slick suggesting ”you better not try to guard me with no damn PG”. Many rookies would mention Beverly but Trae didn’t have problems with him at all.  Actually toyed with him for a quarter.