• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae & Huerter - All Rookie

AHF

1 hour ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Well Well Well... My tweet made it to the new Hawksquak.net. lol

Cool to see the site up! What'up Peeps! ☺️

Oh that’s dope! What about fam? Such a great feeling to see HAWKS ole school fans up in this! 💗 

*up

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I have enjoyed eating crow for my freak out and ranting about the draft night last year... Guess that's why i teach. College and don't run an NBA front office....   Great job by our two young studs and bright days ahead for the Hawks!

My mouth will be closed draft night this year TS has earned my confidence now!!

Way to own it Thomas .

Got to give Schlenk some big time props! He has really outdone himself with his draft picks!

hes either getting lucky or really doing some hardcore scouting.

anyways as everyone has stated our future backcourt is off to a more than great start!

• Like 1

Looks like I gotta hate Dan Patrick a lil' less.  He's squarely on the Trae Young 'wagon.

Trae was on his show this morning.  Not much new, here's some highlights ...

Dan Patrick: What are you doing these days?

Trae: Heading to Spain to watch big soccer game.

DP: Were you a soccer player?

T: No I was never in soccer shape.

DP: Did you go to any playoff games?

T: Went to game 3 POR/OKC and game 3 HOU/GSW.

DP: What did you take away?  Do you watch as a fan?

T: I watch as more than a fan.  I know the sets/know what's coming.  I noted that the atmosphere was different, fans were much more engaged.  I wanted to experience it before we're in it.

DP: Toughest defender you faced.

T: Klay was tough.  Kawhi guarded me most of the game.  Was definitely a battle, very physical.

Asked if he has a ROTY acceptance speech written yet.

After he was off, Patrick went on and on about how great his passing was.  His producer chimed in saying how he started slow and folks jumped off the bandwagon unfairly.  They're big Trae fans.

Never mentioned the L-name.  Not once.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

T: I watch as more than a fan.  I know the sets/know what's coming.  I noted that the atmosphere was different, fans were much more engaged.  I wanted to experience it before we're in it.

I mean...the kid just gets it.  Love how "heady" this kid is.  How many rookies would go to a playoff game to see what it's like and be ready for it later on?  

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, AHF said:

Congrats to our exciting rookie guards!

Who, if any one on the Hawks, got a perfect 200 points as rookie of the year before Trae?  Great that 2 of the top 10 rookies are Hawks!!

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Looks like I gotta hate Dan Patrick a lil' less.  He's squarely on the Trae Young 'wagon.

Trae was on his show this morning.  Not much new, here's some highlights ...

Dan Patrick: What are you doing these days?

Trae: Heading to Spain to watch big soccer game.

DP: Were you a soccer player?

T: No I was never in soccer shape.

DP: Toughest defender you faced.

T: Klay was tough.  Kawhi guarded me most of the game.  Was definitely a battle, very physical.

Asked if he has a ROTY acceptance speech written yet.

After he was off, Patrick went on and on about how great his passing was.  His producer chimed in saying how he started slow and folks jumped off the bandwagon unfairly.  They're big Trae fans.

Never mentioned the L-name.  Not once.

💗 

20 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I mean...the kid just gets it.  Love how "heady" this kid is.  How many rookies would go to a playoff game to see what it's like and be ready for it later on?  

💗 

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Who, if any one on the Hawks, got a perfect 200 points as rookie of the year before Trae?  Great that 2 of the top 10 rookies are Hawks!!

💗 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Well, in fairness, Childress and JSmoove did the same back in the day.  IIRC they were sitting courtside at a playoff game with Woodson at the time.

At his exit interview, Trae mentioned that he'd attend playoff games while in OKC.  I'm glad he did it but it's kind of a common thing now.  That said, not all rookies do this so he gets kudos from me.

Guess it became harder and harder for ESPN to ignore so many incredible Trae to Collins 100% scores and with unlimited flair and style points to boot. After all, those hacks don't want to always seem like idiots right?

• Like 1