• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

30 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Here is my question, at this point in time, who would be a better fit here Davis or Kevin Love? I know Davis is a little younger but if you let Love play his game and snatch 500 rebounds a game, who would fit better? I go Love all the way personally

🤔 I’m with Peo Love offers absolutely nothing but a contract. A fat ☝🏾 at that. Easy pass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you're Kemba, which would you rather do?

Take tens of millions less to go to LA, and possibly play alongside 2 future Hall of Famers for a championship?

Take ALL the money and stay in Charlotte, where a championship, nor less a playoff berth, may not come in the next 4 years?

To me, it's a no brainer, if I'm Kemba.  I'm going to get a big payday, just not a max one.  But I'll get a chance to finally show everyone how good I can be on a good team with talent.   I'd be packing my bags and heading straight to LA.

Depends on Kembas mentality really.. Not everyone immediately looks for the easiest road out and some do have loyalty

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 I’m with Peo Love offers absolutely nothing but a contract. A fat ☝🏾 at that. Easy pass.

Of course you do.. You are always in the wrong corner of things 😂

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Davis is a generational talent and a superstar.   Really wish the Hawks would have went after him.   We are no where close to being a upper level contender.  We have a decent core of Trae, Collins and Huerter but we could have really used Davis.  

It would have taken Collins , + 8 and 10 etc to get him and I don't think even that deal is better than what the Lakers offered. They gave up the farm with the only good thing for them they managed to keep Kuzma (which may be why they ended up giving all the future picks because the Pels most likely wanted him). 

On top of it all, Davis only wanted to play for LA or NY. Which makes LA deal make even less sense, why did they give up so much?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Alright, putting the trade to the side for moment, how about ESPN being given their dream off-season and having a legit reason to talk about LeBron 24 hrs a day again. I will be so happy when this guy is gone and out of the league.

Between him and The LAKERS mystique, all other teams in the league will pretty much no longer exist.. Toronto is already an after thought

Meeeee too. I don't dislike LeBron per se.  I am just so sick and tired of the damn circus.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Don't be fooled by stats and hype.

School 'em, peo.

AD'll do well as the new Bosh but folks need to recognize he's a follower and a second-fiddle player, not a superstar.

Couldn't agree with the stats and hype comment more.  I remember the days of  Dwight Howard and Smoove apologists holding their stats as proof of their value to a winning team.

However, AD, when healthy, is absolutely a superstar and generational talent.  He can't help that he's been the best player on otherwise flawed teams with not so great coaching and an organization as a whole with not a great reputation.  And as far as his toughness? yes he gets hurt/banged up more often that anyone would like.  But questioning the guy's toughness?  The fact that he plays as much as he does with all the times he's gotten hurt shows he's a tough dude.  I don't question his toughness at all and after this year's finals, I think fans telling these guys they aren't tough when they say they're hurt or don't feel right and decide not to play,  is nothing short of ridiculous.

Kawhi was hearing this last year with the Spurs.  And look at him now.  He played when he felt right and led his team to a championship.  Had he jumped on the court last year and kept playing despite whatever was going on with him, there's a good chance he could have set himself back years by injuring himself just to please some people's assertion that he's just not tough.

Just now, IheartVolt said:

Kevin Willis and Mookie were no scrubs.. Jordan was Niques problem

Nique never had enough.

Neither Willis nor Mookie were All-Stars on a consistent basis.  They were on a Josh Smith / Al Horford level.   

In this league, it just isn't enough.  You have to have 2 legit All-Star talents, with a 3rd guy who can play at an All-Star level.

Even Toronto has this, with their superstar in Leonard, an All-Star in Lowry, and a very good 3rd guy in Siakam.

If we're content with building through the draft, we either need to move up from 8, to see if we can get a higher pick, or keep all of our 1st round picks and see what sticks.  We just need to be a playoff level team by the time Collins' RFA year comes up in 2021.   And by that time, Collins needs to be a legit All-Star talent, not just a borderline one.

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Depends on Kembas mentality really.. Not everyone immediately looks for the easiest road out and some do have loyalty

Of course you do.. You are always in the wrong corner of things 😂

😔 

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We'll see.  Davis and Lebron should be OUTSTANDING with each other.  If they add Kemba Walker, they immediately become the favorites to win the West.

As for the Hawks, this is the same thing that we did in 2005.  We stuck with our plan and built the team through the draft.   We just have to make sure that our young guys develop and turn into All-Stars and possibly get one superstar out of the bunch.  If not, we're right back where we were in 2009 . . with good young guys, but no superstar.  They'll bring us joy with a few playoff series wins, but no chance to win a title.

We'll see though.

We need to swing for the fences with potential for all our 1st round picks. We have IMO one potential superstar in Trae and a perennial all star in Collins. We need at least another superstar for this rebuild. This draft should be about drafting for superstar potential. 3 picks should give us at least one.

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We need to swing for the fences with potential for all our 1st round picks. We have IMO one potential superstar in Trae and a perennial all star in Collins. We need at least another superstar for this rebuild. This draft should be about drafting for superstar potential. 3 picks should give us at least one.

So you want Bol? 😆 

hace 18 minutos, GameTime dijo:

I completely agree with this approach. Assuming we will have 4 first rd picks this year, another late one for all our second rs picks, we need to go all-in in this draft. In my opinion Reddish, Sekou, Bol and Goga ar the players with highest potential, then with the late first we can take Bruno Fernando or Kabengele to fill the hole at Center.

My dream draft scenario would be

#8 Reddish

#10 Sekou

#17 Bol

#21 Fernando

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Eddielives said:

However, AD, when healthy, is absolutely a superstar and generational talent.  He can't help that he's been the best player on otherwise flawed teams with not so great coaching and an organization as a whole with not a great reputation. 

This excuse is getting old.  The organization was winning before he got there with Chris Paul!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A trade for Davis would've probably looked like:

Collins + Bazemore + the (3) 1st round draft picks in 2019.    Would you do that?

Most Hawks fans see Collins as untouchable.  But when you want a superstar talent, you have to give up your very good talent to get them, in most cases.

Hawks lineup for 2019 - 2020 in that trade scenario:

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

G/F -Crabbe

F - Davis

C - Len/Dedmon

We would probably had to become a player in free agency to address our wing situation.   We'd have enough room to add a DeMarre Carroll, Rodney Hood type wing ).   Maybe we use our (3) 2nd rd picks to move into the 1st round?  Maybe we populate the team with low cost vets ( Vince Carter, Mike Scott, Lance Stephenson, DeMarcus Cousins, etc ).

When adding a superstar like Davis, you can't play the "slow game" anymore.  You have to get solid people around that dude to help him win.  Something that really didn't happen in New Orleans until they acquired Cousins.  Had Cousins stayed healthy in the 2017 - 18 season, it would've been interesting how the Davis - Cousins combo would've fared in the playoffs.

At some point though in the near future, the Hawks need to assess just how good Trae and Collins can/will be, and if we need to add bigger stars to the team to elevate us to playoff and championship level status.

Not even a consideration unless Davis at least picked up his option year.

Per his agent he will become a FA and explore his options at the end of the 2019/20 season. Hawks are not and were never on his first, second or last list.

Yes, you can point to PG staying in OKC, or Kawhi possible staying in Toronto - those teams had bonified Allstar players and teams that are consistently playoff bound. Hawks have yet to show they can make the playoffs since the rebuild started.

When adding a Superstar like Davis with one year left on his contract and the team is the Hawks, you absolutely 'slow game' it.

Are you confident that the team above will win enough games to convince AD to stay? Are you confident that AD wouldn't sulk his way thru the entire season? Are you confident he will be healthy for at least 65 games? Well, I'm not - so I'll pass on this trade.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This excuse is getting old.  The organization was winning before he got there with Chris Paul!

It's not an excuse. It's a reason. Any evaluation of AD's game that leads one to walk away saying hmm, no thanks, he's no winner and not a superstar is just beyond ridiculous. Even Russell Westbrook, whom is questionable as a guy that will ever be on a championship team, is a superstar player yet has yet to win crap. That's the main thing I'm arguing with Davis. I'm guessing because Shaq didn't win before he went to LA means he was no superstar either while in Orlando. Puhlease!

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

It's not an excuse. It's a reason. Any evaluation of AD's game that leads one to walk away saying hmm, no thanks, he's no winner and not a superstar is just beyond ridiculous. Even Russell Westbrook, whom is questionable as a guy that will ever be on a championship team, is a superstar player yet has yet to win crap. That's the main thing I'm arguing with Davis. I'm guessing because Shaq didn't win before he went to LA means he was no superstar either while in Orlando. Puhlease!

There is a vast difference between a champion and a lottery dweller.  Davis is the latter!

Why people are jumping the gun on the Lakers trade. Post trade they look like this.

Lebron 37.4 million

Davis 27.1 million

Wagner - 2.063 million

Kuzma - 1.975 million

Deng owed 5 million a year for 3 more years but not on roster.

They have 5 players with a cap number of a little less than $73 million with $35 million left to spend and needing 10 more players. Basically, they're gonna try and buy one more top player and then fill out with minimum players.  

Free agents they can resign of their own.

KCP

Rondo

Muscala

Stephenson

Bullock

McGee

Chandler

Jermerrio Jones

the Lakers have 2 great players but they are handicapped by that Lebron contract and that Deng waive/stretch.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Why people are jumping the gun on the Lakers trade. Post trade they look like this.

Lebron 37.4 million

Davis 27.1 million

Wagner - 2.063 million

Kuzma - 1.975 million

They have 5 players with a cap number of a little less than $73 million with $35 million left to spend and needing 10 more players. Basically, they're gonna try and buy one more top player and then fill out with minimum players.  

KCP

Rondo

Muscala

Stephenson

Bullock

McGee

Chandler

Jermerrio Jones

the Lakers have 2 great players but they are handicapped by that Lebron contract and that Deng waive/stretch.  

Dream scenario for the Lakers is Kawhi or Kyrie. Realistically I see either Kemba or Jimmy Bulter signing with them. Minimum veteran players will flock to the Lakers now that AD is there. 

14 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Dream scenario for the Lakers is Kawhi or Kyrie. Realistically I see either Kemba or Jimmy Bulter signing with them. Minimum veteran players will flock to the Lakers now that AD is there.

Why does everyone seem to pit Kyrie on a step above Kemba? I think Kemba is Kyrie's equal at the very least

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Lebron 37.4 million

Davis 27.1 million

Wagner - 2.063 million

Kuzma - 1.975 million

KCP

Rondo

Muscala

Stephenson

Bullock

McGee

Chandler

Jermerrio Jones

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-davis-is-heading-to-la-but-the-trade-details-are-getting-complicated-195914183.html

I love when writers write an article on something I've been preaching all day.