• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Just a quick question, what's the average like limit for all you fine peoples?  I'm trying to see if that special plea deal I made with Dolf carried over :smoke:

Still testing my limits.. 😄

• Haha 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

Bosh 2.0

Here is my game for you - Over / Under for AD in LA.  Here are Bosh's numbers in Miami:

18.3 ppg  - over or under?

7.4 rpg - over or under?

0.83 bpg - over or under?

0.87 spg - over or under?

19.5 PER - over or under?

0.159 WS/48 - over or under?

0.68 BPM - over or under?

1.35 VORP - over or under?

If you really believe in this Bosh 2.0 narrative I definitely want a piece of the action for a month of avatar bet as well.  I'll even give you the win on the bet if he isn't over next season on at least 7 of 8 of these metrics.

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Still testing my limits.. 😄

Yea, as I remember you, me, and Mule were part of the few elite that could get in the chat too.  Can't wait till they bring that back so we can say what we really think of these peasants :buttdance:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Here is my game for you - Over / Under for AD in LA.  Here are Bosh's numbers in Miami:

7.4 rpg - over or under?

If you really believe in this Bosh 2.0 narrative I definitely want a piece of the action for a month of avatar bet as well.  I'll even give you the win on the bet if he isn't over next season on at least 7 of 8 of these metrics.

I'm not playing that game.  You know full well I'm referring to his role, not his stats.

You also know full well he'll be asked to sacrifice just like Bosh was.   Would you feel better if I said he's the next Love?

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not playing that game.  You know full well I'm referring to his role, not his stats.

You also know full well he'll be asked to sacrifice just like Bosh was.   Would you feel better if I said he's the next Love?

I'd give you the same test.  Love and Bosh were third wheels with marginalized roles.  Davis won't fit that profile.  He will be co-starring with LeBron more like Wade and Irving where they do their thing with less sacrifice and more simply adjusting to fit.  Neither Love nor Bosh are good comparisons for what you should expect from Davis in LA, imo.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Neosporin for cuts Spudlous :blanky:😂

:hehe:

Off the rails....I'm sitting in my car heading to lunch, but I'm too weak from laughing to get out the car to get my food.

:laugh1::laugh1:

🤣 they got me. I got twisted with neo and somehow on a 🌲 near Mace’s 🤦‍♀️.

56 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Yea, as I remember you, me, and Mule were part of the few elite that could get in the chat too.  Can't wait till they bring that back so we can say what we really think of these peasants :buttdance:

I get 3 emotions a day. Sometimes I press for a 4th, if Dolf feels like it, I get another slice of bread 🍞 through the bottom of the door 🚪. 😞 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd give you the same test.  Love and Bosh were third wheels with marginalized roles.  Davis won't fit that profile.  He will be co-starring with LeBron more like Wade and Irving where they do their thing with less sacrifice and more simply adjusting to fit.  Neither Love nor Bosh are good comparisons for what you should expect from Davis in LA, imo.

Time will tell but you and I won't agree here.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I get 3 emotions a day. Sometimes I press for a 4th, if Dolf feels like it, I get another slice of bread 🍞 through the bottom of the door 🚪. 😞 

It's Like Records over here, handing out nothing but the likes, nothing but the likes.

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

7.4 rpg - over or under?

OH OH OH I’LL PLAY! I mean...if nobody else wants to.. 😐 

I’m gonna do the old school stats..first 4

OVER

OVER

OVER

OVER

.. wait a sec...what kinda F’d up game is this where all the answers are OVER. Ohhhhhhh...ohhh the Bosh thing.. damn u people I though this was a serious game but I’m just a pawn ♟ in @kg01 and @AHF‘s weird love for Batman and Robin.

🤦‍♀️ 

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

It's Like Records over here, handing out nothing but the likes, nothing but the likes.

I used to give out too many likes myself so they fixed that.. 😔 

Just now, kg01 said:

Time will tell but you and I won't agree here.

Can I get you and AHF on the undercard of the Jamal "Jumping Jamboree" Liver and Sturt "The Long Hurt" PPV event?

I promise the winner will have the prize money... minus some "fees" by Monday 2035.

tenor.gif

And as to AD/Bosh thing, I think Bron has been ready to hand the reigns of the lead dog position for awhile now similar to how Wade handed it over to him.  He tried to groom Kyrie into that position but...Kyrie is Kyrie.  I believe he's definitely hoping to be the reverse Kareem to Brow's Magic so he can squeeze out an extra decade in the league, watch his son get drafted, and maybe win 3 (4) more rings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:good: Awesome read.

I sent this to my BIL (and my sister) and who coaches his son's 8U baseball team.  Told him to keep teaching the fundamental skills.

He had a kid who just couldn't make contact with the ball towards the end of the season after having success throughout. He was struggling and getting fustrated.

He told him, I'mma get you on base - he had that kid bunt 3 consecutive at bat appearances and brought in a runner each time. They won the game, kid's smile was as wide as the Atlantic Ocean.

Yeah, chicks dig the long ball...but fundamentals at that age matter.

I reached a point in my life where I could no longer juggle work and family and needed a year or 2 of my kids being coached by others.  Both were high level baseball, one was good basketball, the other good football.  I would cringe every time I'd see a volunteer coach tell my kids (8 and 13) about working out, swinging harder, throwing harder, always harder harder.....13 years olds should never go harder...they should always slow down and figure out their own bodies.

I had a fence drill I would run where I would have the kid approach a ball on the infield, plant, get down, pick up the ball, fake the throw then roll the ball in front of them. They had to do it from first to 3rd and 3rd to the fence. 3rd to the fence is the only time they were supposed to speed up. If they failed to get their butts down and come at the ball from outside their body to in...they had to go get back in line and do it over. Parents hated the drill...thought it was stupid because the ball was never moving when they scooped it. I would tell them that was the point. It taught them everything had to get low...butt, chest, hands, the only way to stop a ball....anything else, you create a hole for the ball to leak through.  I did the drill every year from 4 years old to 13 for each season I could coach. I did it for rec ball, I did it for travel. Its hard work...you never get bigger or fancier but you don't make errors.....I never coached a losing season....I'm alright with that.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Now ur just showing off. Nobody likes the kid on the playground with extra balls 🏀..I mean..likes.. damn mace u got me twisted today with words. I keep saying all the weird things today. 

Nobody likes the kid on the playground with extra balls???? 😐 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/85063137-bf41-41ca-8f5e-c8613c342ab9

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m gonna have to side with @AHF on this one cagey one. Davis isn’t Love or Bosh at any stage. Davis is above and beyond the better player here and will put up monster numbers in LA ONLY IF HE’S HEALTHY. That’s a HUGE IF. But if AD plays 72+ games a year for the Lakers for the next 4+ years, he will be putting up superstar numbers the likes which Love and Bosh couldn’t sniff. AD is one of the biggest stars to come into the league but people haven’t been able to see what he’s capable of outside of people in New Orleans once every 4 games. 

He’s almost had no help in Pelican land. They got him a banged up Boogie to play with for half a season...he was banged up..other than that we are talking Jrue Holiday. That’s it. Now he has Lebron, he might go off the charts stat wise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Can I get you and AHF on the undercard of the Jamal "Jumping Jamboree" Liver and Sturt "The Long Hurt" PPV event?

I promise the winner will have the prize money... minus some "fees" by Monday 2035.

And as to AD/Bosh thing, I think Bron has been ready to hand the reigns of the lead dog position for awhile now similar to how Wade handed it over to him.  He tried to groom Kyrie into that position but...Kyrie is Kyrie.  I believe he's definitely hoping to be the reverse Kareem to Brow's Magic so he can squeeze out an extra decade in the league, watch his son get drafted, and maybe win 3 (4) more rings.

AH don't want none-a that action, bawse.  The long game is me betting him for his mod password though so maybe I need to engage.

I don't doubt Lebron wants a mule to hitch his wagon onto.  However, I question whether or not he can truly exist on the court with a guy like that.  He wants to take a backseat from a workload standpoint but not from a 'do what I say' standpoint.  Hard to find a sucker that'll sign up for that and stay.  You think AD is that guy?

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna have to side with @AHF on this one cagey one. Davis isn’t Love or Bosh at any stage. Davis is above and beyond the better player here and will put up monster numbers in LA ONLY IF HE’S HEALTHY. That’s a HUGE IF. But if AD plays 72+ games a year for the Lakers for the next 4+ years, he will be putting up superstar numbers the likes which Love and Bosh couldn’t sniff. AD is one of the biggest stars to come into the league but people haven’t been able to see what he’s capable of outside of people in New Orleans once every 4 games. 

He’s almost had no help in Pelican land. They got him a banged up Boogie to play with for half a season...he was banged up..other than that we are talking Jrue Holiday. That’s it. Now he has Lebron, he might go off the charts stat wise.

I'm not commenting on which is the better player. I'm suggesting, with Lebron, they'll occupy the same role.

Just now, kg01 said:

AH don't want none-a that action, bawse.  The long game is me betting him for his mod password though so maybe I need to engage.

I don't doubt Lebron wants a mule to hitch his wagon onto.  However, I question whether or not he can truly exist on the court with a guy like that.  He wants to take a backseat from a workload standpoint but not from a 'do what I say' standpoint.  Hard to find a sucker that'll sign up for that and stay.  You think AD is that guy?

Durability is the only question. Which is a huge question. Lebron has to work too. If AD does all the work, he’s dead by the time the playoffs roll around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not commenting on which is the better player. I'm suggesting, with Lebron, they'll occupy the same role.

Hmm...same role? Well everyone ultimately takes a back seat to his highness 👑 but to what degree I gather?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

7.4 rpg - over or under?

29 ppg (career high)

14 rpg (career high)

4 apg (career high)

3 blocks (career high)

2 spg (career high)

I think these are AD’s stats for next season if he plays 72+ games. The usage immediately goes up and he is able to get career high numbers across the board.

The playoffs is where it gets tricky. Is he gonna have enough in that body to make a run. Let’s face it he hasn’t gotten past round 2.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Durability is the only question. Which is a huge question. Lebron has to work too. If AD does all the work, he’s dead by the time the playoffs roll around.

Davis is going to have to cover for Lebron's lackadaisical defense a LOT, tough ask. You just known Bron is conserving energy for offense more and more. Injury concerns for both guys especially Lebron.