• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Now ur just showing off. Nobody likes the kid on the playground with extra balls 🏀..I mean..likes.. damn mace u got me twisted today with words. I keep saying all the weird things today. 

Nobody likes the kid on the playground with extra balls???? 😐 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/85063137-bf41-41ca-8f5e-c8613c342ab9

Just call me MacKeith Sweat 😉

PitifulPrestigiousFinnishspitz-max-1mb.g

I got Spud twisteeeeeed

PS

That is a live look in, we changed to the all whites once we checked the cams to see you were no longer on the premises.

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

AH don't want none-a that action, bawse.  The long game is me betting him for his mod password though so maybe I need to engage.

I don't doubt Lebron wants a mule to hitch his wagon onto.  However, I question whether or not he can truly exist on the court with a guy like that.  He wants to take a backseat from a workload standpoint but not from a 'do what I say' standpoint.  Hard to find a sucker that'll sign up for that and stay.  You think AD is that guy?

I don't know, Magic said last season that LeBron wanted other playmakers and ball handlers around I'm supposing because Bron wanted to lessen his ball dominance.  Only problem was Magic went shopping at the Pelican Bay yard for guys that fit that role.  I'm guessing that LeBron will be happy with maintaining his facilitator role feeding AD but will let AD handle the brunt of the scoring load.

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I don't know, Magic said last season that LeBron wanted other playmakers and ball handlers around I'm supposing because Bron wanted to lessen his ball dominance.  Only problem was Magic went shopping at the Pelican Bay yard for guys that fit that role.  I'm guessing that LeBron will be happy with maintaining his facilitator role feeding AD but will let AD handle the brunt of the scoring load.

Yeah but ... he said the same his last year in CLE but never gave up dominating the ball.  Do you envision James moving without the ball?  Or standing in the corner waiting for a pass?  

I could see him wanting a guy to step in the ball-dominator role when he rests thus allowing him to play fewer minutes.  Then, when he's on-court, that guy's gotta find a role (a la Bosh).

Pelican Bay, huh?  Oddly specific.  Top of mind for some reason?

28 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Davis is going to have to cover for Lebron's lackadaisical defense a LOT, tough ask. You just known Bron is conserving energy for offense more and more. Injury concerns for both guys especially Lebron. 

True. They both need to be monitored by Jason Kidd..I mean Frank V...Jason Kidd by February..

18 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Just call me MacKeith Sweat 😉

PitifulPrestigiousFinnishspitz-max-1mb.g

I got Spud twisteeeeeed

PS

That is a live look in, we changed to the all whites once we checked the cams to see you were no longer on the premises.

🤣 I actually just got reloaded with 2 likes but I blew them right before I saw this. I blow likes like MC Hammer blows through caaaaaassshhhhhh mooonnnaaaaayyyyy!

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

29 ppg (career high)

14 rpg (career high)

4 apg (career high)

3 blocks (career high)

2 spg (career high)

I think these are AD’s stats for next season if he plays 72+ games. The usage immediately goes up and he is able to get career high numbers across the board.

The playoffs is where it gets tricky. Is he gonna have enough in that body to make a run. Let’s face it he hasn’t gotten past round 2.

I don't think I'd predict career highs in everything personally but he will absolutely not be playing the Bosh / Love, third wheel role for the Lakers.  He will be front and center and putting up large numbers in a large role.  He has been a team player so I don't think he'll have a problem listening to LeBron and I don't think LeBron will be asking him to take a limited role standing around the perimeter shooting jumpers while LeBron and Wade/Irving/LA#2Stud have the offense revolve around them (which is what Bosh and Love did).  I think Mace is right that LeBron will be looking for AD to do heavy lifting and he'll get plenty of usage.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't think I'd predict career highs in everything personally but he will absolutely not be playing the Bosh / Love, third wheel role for the Lakers.  He will be front and center and putting up large numbers in a large role.  He has been a team player so I don't think he'll have a problem listening to LeBron and I don't think LeBron will be asking him to take a limited role standing around the perimeter shooting jumpers while LeBron and Wade/Irving/LA#2Stud have the offense revolve around them (which is what Bosh and Love did).  I think Mace is right that LeBron will be looking for AD to do heavy lifting and he'll get plenty of usage.  

Well that’s why I just thought since he’s doing the heavy lifting and he has some Lebron during the season that his numbers all rise. It might not be all career highs but when you are as good as AD is and playing with Lebron, the opposition has to give up something to someone and AD benefits in all catergories. Wouldn’t even be surprised if assists hit 4.5, he’s gonna get doubled and tripled.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, AHF said:

I'd give you the same test.  Love and Bosh were third wheels with marginalized roles.  Davis won't fit that profile.  He will be co-starring with LeBron more like Wade and Irving where they do their thing with less sacrifice and more simply adjusting to fit.  Neither Love nor Bosh are good comparisons for what you should expect from Davis in LA, imo.

I think the difference was Wade and Kyrie are both guards and used to running the team/plays, initiating the offensive flow. 

AD is a big that relies on a dude getting him the ball.

• Premium Member
On 6/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because the Lakers don't act like their existent talent is untouchable.  They've consistently been willing to give up good talent + draft picks, to get what they want. And it doesn't hurt when the player only wants to play for your franchise.

Yep.  The whole Kobe thing was the downfall of Charlotte and the start of a new generation for the Lakers.   I still don't think that Lebron leads this team to a championship... even with AD... but I think that eventually, AD may get it done. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yep.  The whole Kobe thing was the downfall of Charlotte and the start of a new generation for the Lakers.   I still don't think that Lebron leads this team to a championship... even with AD... but I think that eventually, AD may get it done. 

Damn.  The dead has arisen.

Welcome back.

• 1 month later...