• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

There is a vast difference between a champion and a lottery dweller.  Davis is the latter!

It’s like you’ve never watched him play.  Tell me what superstar has not had a single starter drafted by his team and not a single star that made it through a single season with him in his first 7-8 years in the league and had a lot of success.  I’ll wait.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

It’s like you’ve never watched him play.  Tell me what superstar has not had a single starter drafted by his team and not a single star that made it through a single season with him in his first 7-8 years in the league and had a lot of success.  I’ll wait.

Haha, I was waiting for the bluegrass villain to chime in.

Aunt Davis is in the role that was meant for him.  Bosh 2.0

Look on the bright side.  Maybe now he won't lead the league in trips to the lockerroom unbearable pain for an apparent broken leg only to have the training staff confirm he just stumped his pinky toe.

3 hours ago, GameTime said:

Dream scenario for the Lakers is Kawhi or Kyrie. Realistically I see either Kemba or Jimmy Bulter signing with them. Minimum veteran players will flock to the Lakers now that AD is there. 

Current reports are that Lakers won't have maz space for a FA so I doubt Kyrie or Kemba take less to go play with LBJ. Kemba has said he wants to stay in Cha and Kyrie is all but locked into Bkn.

4 hours ago, GameTime said:

I want Goga more but Bol is my #2 big based off potential.

I also like Porter and Langford more than most.

Seems a lot are high on Goga. I’m on the fence. Skills look solid but the Euro 💶 is high right now. Lotta success stories with Jokic and L****.  There’s gotta be some extra hype. Although having a stroke like his fits in with our offense and specially in a pick n roll scenario with Trae. Then again if you have soft hands or almost any hands Trae will find you, the three from our 5 is where it gets fun. Hope I eat crow if we pick him and he does well.

Bol has a ton of skills I’m just worried about the frame and ability to stay healthy with the foot 🦶 issues like Rik Smits. But at 17, gimme Bol if he’s the BPA.

• Like 1

Interesting Youtube video on a possible Laker build.  Normally, these 2K rebuilds consist of unrealistic trade scenarios that boost up a team well beyond what they should be.  At least for the 1st season, he did a realistic rebuild.  Check it out.  And look who made the playoffs at the end of the year.

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Interesting Youtube video on a possible Laker build.  Normally, these 2K rebuilds consist of unrealistic trade scenarios that boost up a team well beyond what they should be.  At least for the 1st season, he did a realistic rebuild.  Check it out.  And look who made the playoffs at the end of the year.

🤣 this guy is happy AD is on the Lakers cuz now they eye brow brothers! Interesting Hawks were the #1 seed in 2021 on his simulation. But we lost to the Raps in round 2.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, IheartVolt said:

I just don't understand how all the breaks seem to always end in the Lakers favor when we struggle just to get one break in a decades time. It is unreal how their fortunes is always so damn perfect. 

The days leading up to the trade the Lakers were one of the top three or four teams who had best odds to win the title.  There is no chance Vegas didn’t know this was coming.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 this guy is happy AD is on the Lakers cuz now they eye brow brothers! Interesting Hawks were the #1 seed in 2021 on his simulation. But we lost to the Raps in round 2.

I don't know if you noticed, but they also had us drafting RJ Barrett and getting the 5 seed this season.

That simulation also had the Pelicans taking Bruno Fernando at #4, teaming woth Zion and the young former Lakers.  2K loves Bruno's all around skill set.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't know if you noticed, but they also had us drafting RJ Barrett and getting the 5 seed this season.

That simulation also had the Pelicans taking Bruno Fernando at #4, teaming woth Zion and the young former Lakers.  2K loves Bruno's all around skill set.

I didn’t notice that I kind of fast forwarded to the playoff bracket and simulation. It’s pretty cool stuff. I can’t wait till the new downloads on Thursday after our draft. Can’t wait to play with Cam, Culver, Clarke or whoever we get.

GO HAWKS!

• Moderators
12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, I was waiting for the bluegrass villain to chime in.

Aunt Davis is in the role that was meant for him.  Bosh 2.0

Look on the bright side.  Maybe now he won't lead the league in trips to the lockerroom unbearable pain for an apparent broken leg only to have the training staff confirm he just stumped his pinky toe.

AD is a level above Bosh on both ends of the floor.  Not comparable.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

AD is a level above Bosh on both ends of the floor.  Not comparable.

You're savvy enough to know that's not what I was saying.  You're also savvy enough to try to make it about that to divert attention away from the real substance of what I said.  Vet move, AH.  Vet move.

Bosh 2.0 is comin' to LA.  Don't make Robin be Batman though or they'll regret it.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, AHF said:

I've seen the guy play plenty of times while his team gets blown out by the Hawks. As far as answering your convoluted question...What difference does it make who drafted who...the guy didnt elevate the team.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've seen the guy play plenty of times while his team gets blown out by the Hawks. As far as answering your convoluted question...What difference does it make who drafted who...the guy didnt elevate the team.

You forgot to add this to your post ...

cndcnd.gif

Kidding, AH.  Don't bann me.

Kevin Love 2013-14 in Minnesota - 26.1 ppg, 12.5 rpg

Kevin love 2014-15 in Cleveland - 16.4 ppg, 9.7 rpg

Next year they won the finals the next year...a low point for Love's stats @16.0 ppg and 9.9 rpg...his lowest ppg since his sophomore season.

I think the point you are avoiding AHF is that you can look significantly more impactful on a losing team when you are the focal point.  In LA, they will be bringing in one more star level player and AD will be expected to do less.  Lebron is only Lebron when get gets to initiate things, control the ball on the court. AD is at his best in the same role. There is always an adjustment period but this one will be significant.  Bosh had played with others before. Irving is a natural distributor/decision maker who can defer. Wade doesn't need the ball in his hands to be terrifying.  AD does and there is a dynamic here that will have to be hashed out.  IMHO the best thing the Lakers could do is bring back Rondo and sign Vince Carter.  Rondo is a jerk but he's also a point guard who understands its all about others, not him. He can manage it.  Carter is maybe the best locker room presence in the NBA and I will miss him if he leaves. But the Lakers are going to need this desperately as Lebron's skills start to fall off and AD becomes the focus.

Does Anthony Davis just have that body type that always get injured? He’s missed 108 games in 7 NBA seasons. That’s on average over 15 games per. He doesn’t work hard enough in the weight room imo and just coasts based on talent. His talent is through the roof when healthy though no denying that. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Does Anthony Davis just have that body type that always get injured? He’s missed 108 games in 7 NBA seasons. That’s on average over 15 games per. He doesn’t work hard enough in the weight room imo and just coasts based on talent. His talent is through the roof when healthy though no denying that. 

So having coached years and years of youth sports...let me answer this from a different perspective. In little league anything, there is always one kid that is so much better than anyone else he can win games on his own. He's bigger, more coordinated and ahead of everyone else skills wise because his dad just can stop throwing him ground balls, tossing him spot up bounce passes (see Trae and his dad) or teaching him hand techniques in the box. Its all about the dads in youth sports. When you get a dad who gets that its all about techniques and teaches them early, the kid's skill explode. When the dad recognizes his kid has a significant physical advantage (ie, gonna be 7 feet tall, huge shoulders, lightning feet, amazing eyesight, etc) but doesn't exploit that, but instead forces his kid to fundamentals...the kid becomes so much better than his peers he can win games alone. It's nearly god like (watch Bahu'bali and Bahu'bali 2 for a visual).

So then some youth coach gets this kid at 10.  There is nothing he can really teach him...but he can use him. The kid plays all 30 minutes of a youth BBALL game. Pitches all 7 innings every other game or plays both ways at Tackle and Defensive end. Every play is run his way and he gets 5 tackles in the first quarter for a loss and then every play the rest of the game  after the first series is run the other way. The coach acts like it was all him and feeds off it.  9 years later, that guy is always dealing with foot issues, elbow issues...any joint issue you can think of.

What these coaches forget is that even if the kid seems super human, there are only so many curve balls in every elbow, only so many times you can roll over an ankle from behind and a limit to the number of times you can land on those ligaments and tiny bones in the feet/knees, hips.  These coaches put kids in the weight room and they build the whole wrong muscle groups for they are doing or get way, way too tight in the wrong areas (see Al Horford 2 pectoral tears).

I would love a study that looks at kids that were super dominant at 12 years old and how it relates to injuries as a pro.  From my perspective, there is a direct correlation.

Now the bolded above is the key to your statement. For these kids at 12...they don't have to work hard. They are so much better, they can coast. But once they make it to the NBA, even a bad NBA'r is much closer in skill level. Think of all the times last year Plumlee looked like he might be a fit. All of these guys have skills. All are incredibly strong, carrying hundreds of pounds with them. All are terrifying if playing dirty (even Matthew Dellavedova. Just ask Kyle Kover.).  These guys' bodies are 1/2 way broken when they get to the NBA, they just don't know it yet and if they didn't put the right work in at 12, there is little they can do to catch up at 27.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So having coached years and years of youth sports...let me answer this from a different perspective. In little league anything, there is always one kid that is so much better than anyone else he can win games on his own. He's bigger, more coordinated and ahead of everyone else skills wise because his dad just can stop throwing him ground balls, tossing him spot up bounce passes (see Trae and his dad) or teaching him hand techniques in the box. Its all about the dads in youth sports. When you get a dad who gets that its all about techniques and teaches them early, the kid's skill explode. When the dad recognizes his kid has a significant physical advantage (ie, gonna be 7 feet tall, huge shoulders, lightning feet, amazing eyesight, etc) but doesn't exploit that, but instead forces his kid to fundamentals...the kid becomes so much better than his peers he can win games alone. It's nearly god like (watch Bahu'bali and Bahu'bali 2 for a visual).

So then some youth coach gets this kid at 10.  There is nothing he can really teach him...but he can use him. The kid plays all 30 minutes of a youth BBALL game. Pitches all 7 innings every other game or plays both ways at Tackle and Defensive end. Every play is run his way and he gets 5 tackles in the first quarter for a loss and then every play the rest of the game  after the first series is run the other way. The coach acts like it was all him and feeds off it.  9 years later, that guy is always dealing with foot issues, elbow issues...any joint issue you can think of.

What these coaches forget is that even if the kid seems super human, there are only so many curve balls in every elbow, only so many times you can roll over an ankle from behind and a limit to the number of times you can land on those ligaments and tiny bones in the feet/knees, hips.  These coaches put kids in the weight room and they build the whole wrong muscle groups for they are doing or get way, way too tight in the wrong areas (see Al Horford 2 pectoral tears).

I would love a study that looks at kids that were super dominant at 12 years old and how it relates to injuries as a pro.  From my perspective, there is a direct correlation.

Now the bolded above is the key to your statement. For these kids at 12...they don't have to work hard. They are so much better, they can coast. But once they make it to the NBA, even a bad NBA'r is much closer in skill level. Think of all the times last year Plumlee looked like he might be a fit. All of these guys have skills. All are incredibly strong, carrying hundreds of pounds with them. All are terrifying if playing dirty (even Matthew Dellavedova. Just ask Kyle Kover.).  These guys' bodies are 1/2 way broken when they get to the NBA, they just don't know it yet and if they didn't put the right work in at 12, there is little they can do to catch up at 27.

Yup. Pretty much agree with this but also blame the trainer of the New Orleans Hornets in 2012. They had a 19 year old AD, at that time entering the league, his body was still growing and his muscles and bones were still maturing. To me, they probably just had him in the weight room focusing in on trying to “bulk” him up for the rigors of an 82 game schedule rather than build his body to grow more naturally on its own while strengthening each muscle group and giving it actually basketball related weight room activities. 

Much like Klay and KD getting injured, these teams are concerned about the individual player but rather the profit they provide for their respective teams. 

Fans pay to see players. Organizations don’t care about the players and it’s a sad state of affairs but it’s true.