• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There may be another option???

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK.. Just looking at the mistake Houston is about to make.  They want to trade out players for cap space.

I'm eyeing Clint Capela.   He just signed a 4 year deal.   He's a beast on the boards and can get his points.  

We only have 58 Million in contracts for the up coming seasons.  The rest are cap holds.    The Salary Cap will be 109 Million. 

Let's make a play for Capela.   Send them a 1st for Capela. 

If we have to drop Dedmon's cap hold to do it... so be it. 

For the next 4 years, Capela could be a mainstay with our young guys. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

OK.. Just looking at the mistake Houston is about to make.  They want to trade out players for cap space.

I'm eyeing Clint Capela.   He just signed a 4 year deal.   He's a beast on the boards and can get his points.  

We only have 58 Million in contracts for the up coming seasons.  The rest are cap holds.    The Salary Cap will be 109 Million. 

Let's make a play for Capela.   Send them a 1st for Capela. 

If we have to drop Dedmon's cap hold to do it... so be it. 

For the next 4 years, Capela could be a mainstay with our young guys. 

This was litigated over a month ago and the answer was no.  Schlenk wants well rounded players...Guys that can shoot dribble and pass.  Capela can't do either and plus he is too expensive for what he brings to the table.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This was litigated over a month ago and the answer was no.  Schlenk wants well rounded players...Guys that can shoot dribble and pass.  Capela can't do either and plus he is too expensive for what he brings to the table.

That makes no sense.   Capela can score and can rebound and defend.   He's a young guy who will grow with our guys. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Diesel today's NBA doesn't want low post NBA power guys,  they want weak knees wussy 7 ft centers that shoot 3s.  

The game is basically all guards now imo.  

I get that.. but I see a turn.   Embidd Gasol and now Williamson will usher back the power game.   Teams with great shooters need rebounders.   That's what Capella is. Cousins was ineffective for GS because he just wasn't a strong enough rebounder.  With the same Pace and EFG%, the difference between Toronto and GS was rebounding.   On those games that DGreen stepped up, GS won.  Those days he didn't they lost. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That makes no sense.   Capela can score and can rebound and defend.   He's a young guy who will grow with our guys. 

Capela shoots 63% from the Free throw line and has yet to make a 3 in his career.  Dunking isn't shooting.  If he is so great then why is Houston trying to get rid of him? Why?  Because they now realize that they need more players that can pass, shoot and dribble!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Funny I proposed the same on other topic.

Capela's stats would make him best player on the roster. He is improving FT% every year so perhaps he can shoot after all. We need a defensive center and he can play a huge role, I would do it for Brooklin's first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Capela's stats would make him best player on the roster. He is improving FT% every year so perhaps he can shoot after all. We need a defensive center and he can play a huge role, I would do it for Brooklin's first.

We need shooters for our roster..yes even at the center spot. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Capela shoot a 5 footer. It’s always dunks and tiny hooks. I dunno..this would jack up our rebuild imho.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Capela shoots 63% from the Free throw line and has yet to make a 3 in his career.  Dunking isn't shooting.  If he is so great then why is Houston trying to get rid of him? Why?  Because they now realize that they need more players that can pass, shoot and dribble!

This.  He is young and  highly efficient but limited in what he does and that is on a team that is built to accommodate that more than we are (given that they run so much more iso than what we want to do).  I think he could be a useful role player with what he does but big men who can only rebound, dunk and defend come pretty cheap these days which is why Houston is ready to unload him, imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Stats don't tell the whole story.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't know, I don't think centers like Capela come cheap... I don't see anyone, could you name 3 of them?

The question is, if he's so great/young, why is he available for scraps?  And why are they having a hard time finding a taker?

The center position isn't dead but it's on life support, especially for a guy as one-dimensional as Capela.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't know, I don't think centers like Capela come cheap... I don't see anyone, could you name 3 of them?

Not including guys on rookie deals, here are three who I think would combine with Alex Len to give us most of Capela's production at a fraction of the cost:

Dwight Powell

Nelens Noel

Richaun Holmes

Javale McGee

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I didn't say he could shoot.  I said he could score.   Houston is making a mistake.  I just want to capitalize. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

We need shooters for our roster..yes even at the center spot. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Capela shoot a 5 footer. It’s always dunks and tiny hooks. I dunno..this would jack up our rebuild imho.

Not true.

If you really want to follow the GS model.  Bogut.  Zaza.  Javale McGhee.  Kevin Looney.  These are the guys who they used to get boards and defend.  If you go out there with no rebounding and a good shooting C, you will lose. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Not true.

If you really want to follow the GS model.  Bogut.  Zaza.  Javale McGhee.  Kevin Looney.  These are the guys who they used to get boards and defend.  If you go out there with no rebounding and a good shooting C, you will lose. 

How much are those guys making? It's the price point based on skillset.

• Like 1