• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There may be another option???

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How much are those guys making? It's the price point based on skillset.

Making now or Making when GS had them?

Looney is the exception but Looney is the sorriest of them all.  IF Bogut doesn't get his knee swiped, GS is 4 time champions and he was on his big money deal.

The point is.. we're paying Freakin Miles Plumlee.... Freakin Miles Plumlee.  He makes just a little under Capela.  Once he's gone, Capela's salary is not a hindrance. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not true.

If you really want to follow the GS model.  Bogut.  Zaza.  Javale McGhee.  Kevin Looney.  These are the guys who they used to get boards and defend.  If you go out there with no rebounding and a good shooting C, you will lose. 

🤔 yes some truth here. But paying Capela as ur main centerpiece is different than picking up a 9th man like Bogut, Javale and Looney. Just because the scrubs did it that way it doesn’t mean it’s the only way I wish people would understand that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Making now or Making when GS had them?

Looney is the exception but Looney is the sorriest of them all.  IF Bogut doesn't get his knee swiped, GS is 4 time champions and he was on his big money deal.

The point is.. we're paying Freakin Miles Plumlee.... Freakin Miles Plumlee.  He makes just a little under Capela.  Once he's gone, Capela's salary is not a hindrance. 

The highest paid of that group was Bogut at $12 mil, his original Bucks contract.

Zaza - $2.8.

If Houston wants to trade Capela for Plumlee, I'm in.

It's what you'll have to give up to get Capela is also the issue. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

🤔 yes some truth here. But paying Capela as ur main centerpiece is different than picking up a 9th man like Bogut, Javale and Looney. Just because the scrubs did it that way it doesn’t mean it’s the only way I wish people would understand that.

The problem is... people see shooters and stretch 4s and think... you must have a stretch 5 too.  Look at our team.  Without Dedmon... Where does the rebounds come from??  When you look at Toronto... they were carried through the finals by the rebounding of Kawhi and Saikim followed by Gasol and Ibaka.   Do you think they were the best defensive team just because of Kawhi??  No... They had rim defenders and rebounders.    What do we have??  Collins may get you some boards but if he's the stretch 4, he's never in position.  If we make him our 5, look out nellie.  

When we play Milwaukee.. whoose going to stop Greek Freak from dominating the middle?

When we play Philly, what's our answer for Embiid, Simmons, Harris, and Saric Inside???

If we're going out there with Trae and Huerter... we're going to be hurt with our smallish Backcourt.   Whoose going to back them up??  Collins?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The highest paid of that group was Bogut at $12 mil, his original Bucks contract.

Zaza - $2.8.

If Houston wants to trade Capela for Plumlee, I'm in.

It's what you'll have to give up to get Capela is also the issue. 

I'll give up 2 2nds or our first to BKLN.  Remember we're help them out.   At the same time, We don't need to move Plumlee.  He may be worth a whole lot more in Feb.

hace 47 minutos, AHF dijo:

Not including guys on rookie deals, here are three who I think would combine with Alex Len to give us most of Capela's production at a fraction of the cost:

Dwight Powell

Nelens Noel

Richaun Holmes

Javale McGee

Although I have always liked the first 3 you cannot compare their impact to Capela. Capela is much better offensively than all of them, defensively only Noel can be at his level, his impact on Winshare is much much higher, a much better rebounder, he is a much better player. OKC barely played Noel and Capela played for 35 mins on houston , there us ahuge difference.

Having said that I would love to have here Powell, Noel or even Holmes

Centers take longer to develop, I don't think we can expect much from Bruno on first year, summer league could be a good thermometer but we need to sign a player at C  Don't get me wrong I like him but if he can perform first year as these guys we may have really lucky on the draft.

33 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Did we completely forget?  Think back.  Who did the Hawks just draft in the second round?  Yep, a center.  Several thought he would go at 17 to the Atlanta club if they kept all three of their 1st round picks.

Bruno Fernando seems to fit the description of the back up center we desire.  And, he is waiting to sign his rookie contract as soon as all the trades, paper work, etc. is completed.  Wanting what we already have?  He may not be as great as these other centers discussed here.  On the other hand, he may turn out to be better!

:MooseGoggles:

Well said and do really believe you are right. I actually like Clint a lot but hey if we are going the Warrior's style am thinking Bruno will become our version of Draymond. Let Travis, Pierce and their guys do their thing and see the results for ourselves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem is... people see shooters and stretch 4s and think... you must have a stretch 5 too.  Look at our team.  Without Dedmon... Where does the rebounds come from??  When you look at Toronto... they were carried through the finals by the rebounding of Kawhi and Saikim followed by Gasol and Ibaka.   Do you think they were the best defensive team just because of Kawhi??  No... They had rim defenders and rebounders.    What do we have??  Collins may get you some boards but if he's the stretch 4, he's never in position.  If we make him our 5, look out nellie.  

When we play Milwaukee.. whoose going to stop Greek Freak from dominating the middle?

When we play Philly, what's our answer for Embiid, Simmons, Harris, and Saric Inside???

If we're going out there with Trae and Huerter... we're going to be hurt with our smallish Backcourt.   Whoose going to back them up??  Collins?

I totally understand what ur saying and I’ll defer to what Gramps said a few posts above..isn’t Bruno a less expensive version of Capela for our youth movement?

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Although I have always liked the first 3 you cannot compare their impact to Capela. Capela is much better offensively than all of them, defensively only Noel can be at his level, his impact on Winshare is much much higher, a much better rebounder, he is a much better player. OKC barely played Noel and Capela played for 35 mins on houston , there us ahuge difference.

Having said that I would love to have here Powell, Noel or even Holmes

They had to cut his minutes to 28.7 against GS because there were sets when he couldn't be on the floor.  I don't disagree that he is better than these people but all of them give you a pretty significant percentage of his production.  On a per minute basis it is:

Capela .230 ws/48, 17.8 pp36, 13.6 rp36, 1.6 bp36

Powell .215 ws/48, 17.7 pp36, 8.9 rp36, 1.1 bp36

Noel .198 ws/48, 12.9 pp36, 11.1 rp36, 2.2 bp36

Holmes .173 ws/48, 17.4 pp36, 10.1 rp36, 2.4 bp36

McGahee .171 ws/48, 19.3 pp36, 12.2 rp36, 3.2 bp36

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I totally understand what ur saying and I’ll defer to what Gramps said a few posts above..isn’t Bruno a less expensive version of Capela for our youth movement?

Bruno is unproven.  Against Quality that he will see... UNproven.   I will be forced to wait.  Less proven than Bebe.   Less Proven than Payne.   I have been drunk off of drafttime hope.   That's all that this is.   You have a proven commodity that cost you more vs. an unproven 2nd rounder who may be worst than some joe off the street. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

They had to cut his minutes to 28.7 against GS because there were sets when he couldn't be on the floor.  I don't disagree that he is better than these people but all of them give you a pretty significant percentage of his production.  On a per minute basis it is:

Capela .230 ws/48, 17.8 pp36, 13.6 rp36, 1.6 bp36

Powell .215 ws/48, 17.7 pp36, 8.9 rp36, 1.1 bp36

Noel .198 ws/48, 12.9 pp36, 11.1 rp36, 2.2 bp36

Holmes .173 ws/48, 17.4 pp36, 10.1 rp36, 2.4 bp36

McGahee .171 ws/48, 19.3 pp36, 12.2 rp36, 3.2 bp36

Honestly AHF... Right now, you would argue against Deke in his prime if he were to cost us 16 million.   Am I right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bruno is unproven.  Against Quality that he will see... UNproven.   I will be forced to wait.  Less proven than Bebe.   Less Proven than Payne.   I have been drunk off of drafttime hope.   That's all that this is.   You have a proven commodity that cost you more vs. an unproven 2nd rounder who may be worst than some joe off the street. 

Think its an example of Travis is still building and developing really. Bruno is a big part of that moving forward. The proving will be coming up soon enough. Watching clips of Bruno may make you feel at least a little better there D.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Honestly AHF... Right now, you would argue against Deke in his prime if he were to cost us 16 million.   Am I right?

I would sign up for Deke in a heartbeat.  He is a much bigger impact player than Capela.  Capela's defense doesn't change the game.  He is just solid.

• Like 1

So basically you guys would pass up on a young D12 cause he couldn't shoot? Look how that was built around him. It was all shooters right? The shooters did not have any play makers as well which this Hawks team does.

I think he is intriguing honestly. The defense will certainly help out and the boards too.. We have Len to stretch the floor

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Didn't make it to this before posting.. But I see it this exact same way..

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would sign up for Deke in a heartbeat.  He is a much bigger impact player than Capela.  Capela's defense doesn't change the game.  He is just solid.

Okay I can understand this. But Capela also had a ballhog to deal with.. Just put him on the floor and let him play his game like Josh Smith should have done before falling in love with the 3-ball